vdr-plugin-satip nicht alle Sender haben ein Bild (Kathrein ExIP 414/E)

• Why at all a long timeout? Short should be enough.

Just to to give some time for positioners.

But that solution requires users to edit each single channel that is not tuning by hand. Really..?

In any case most users are downloading the channels lists from web, so you'll need to tweak channel lists only once and upload working ones. :)

Anyway, had a another look my code and I've offloaded the 'auto' parameter problem to SAT>IP servers by ignoring matching key-value pairs from URL. Now, there must a be bug somewhere as the plts parameter appear in the URL although no N is defined on the channels.conf entry.

• Hi rofafor,

adding N1 to the channel parameters in the channel.conf solves the problem. I've not yet tested each and every channel but my first 7 channels which were not working before are working now :]

Code
    Das Erste HD;ARD:11493:HC23M5O35P0S1N1:S19.2E:22000:5101=27:5102=deu@3,5103=mis@3;5106=deu@106:5104;5105=deu:0:10301:1:1019:0
    ....................................^^

Thanks a lot for your support and patience!!!

Remaining questions:

• UnWitt: Can you confirm this for your system as well?
    • Is this pilot tones parameter required by the SAT>IP specs or is it left for interpretation?
    • WHEN it is required, would it make sense to update channelpedia accordingly?

Cheers,
    SiKr

yavdr 0.6.1 auf Zotac ZBox ID41, Kathrein ExIP 414E, Raspberry Pi mit OpenELEC

• Code
    Pilot tones     plts    pilots    Set to one of the following values:           plts=off
                                                "on", "off".
                                       For DVB-S this value shall be set
                                       to “off” in client queries

Physical Tuning
    Standard DVB-S/S2 tuning parameters are passed to the SAT>IP server frontend in
    order to tune to a given transponder. For DVB-S and DVB-S2 the mandatory parameters
    in client requests are: “src”,“freq”,”pol”,”ro”,”msys”,”mtype”,”plts”,”sr” and”fec”.
  • Im Grunde genommen bleibt nach dem Thread nur die Empfehlung, um den ExIP 414 einen weiten Bogen zu machen und vom Neukauf abzuraten.

Eine explizite Angabe des Pilot Settings ist nur nötig, wenn der verwendete demodulator chip Schwierigkeiten mit dem Synchronisieren bei 8psk oder 16apsk hat und dadurch die Fehlerkorrektur nicht greift oder ein Satellitentransponder Probleme mit Phase Noise hat.
    Eigentlich sollte der chip das in hardware selbst erkennen.

• wirbel

Ja, leider. Zumal der Transponder 19 für Das Erste HD, arte HD, SWR BW HD, SWR RP HD mit der Frequenz 11,494GHz IMHO ganz und gar nicht als problematisch bekannt ist.

Meine eigenen Erfahrungen sind genau das Gegenteil, selbst wenn andere Transponder Schwierigkeiten machen, dieser läuft.

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

• rofafor
    Tvheadend has an option "Force pilot for DVB-S2" - that is an fix for some other Sat>IP servers too (Panasonic BST 855 ...) also fixes it for the Kathrein Exip 414E.

@rest
    Irgendjemand aus dem Thread stand doch mit dem Support von Kathrein in Kontakt - evtl dem Support das mal durch geben und evtl gibt es dann ein Softwareupdate.

• Tvheadend has an option "Force pilot for DVB-S2" - that is an fix for some other Sat>IP servers too (Panasonic BST 855 ...) also fixes it for the Kathrein Exip 414E.

So, if you force the pilot on for DVB-S2, does it break all the other channels except the ones on transponder 19? If the forced setting doesn't break anything, I could a new quirk for Kathrein and Panasonic servers. Could someone provide me the device description XML files of Kathrein and Panasonic?

• So, if you force the pilot on for DVB-S2, does it break all the other channels except the ones on transponder 19?

Good question, it sounded like it works for every channel - but never used any hw that require it. The save solution is to add some setting in the config. Would also allow other unlisted servers to use that fix if necessary.

• Well, the question is, why went these vendors along the specs and why shall this always been fixed in the plugin? And/or is the expectation to high to buy proper working hardware?

Regards
    fnu

• Hi,

Well, the question is, why went these vendors along the specs and why shall this always been fixed in the plugin? And/or is the expectation to high to buy proper working hardware?

I have not seen a perfect/proper working SAT>IP Server or Client up to now, the Digibit R1 has a hardware design flaw besides the software issues at least over the last years, also the OctoNet had issues under some conditions and software levels.
    So I did give up and do not use proprietary hardware/software for SAT>IP anymore, there may come a new perfect one in the future.

At the end we all like hardware/software combinations that work smoothly and from the vendors there are mostly only limited interest to support free projects like VDR, TVH etc, so we do have to workaround the issues and incompatibilities to get our freedom.

CU
    9000h

Es ist eagl in wlehcer Reiehnfogle die Bchustebaen in Woeretrn vokrmomen. Huapstache der estre und leztte Bchustbae sitmmen.

• But it will surely break some multi-server setups and it would also be against my plug 'n play goal.

off(default) / auto (use quirks) / force usage - sounds reasonable for me, maybe set auto to default (but no idea how it behaves at other satellites etc) ... lets call it an advanced option ;) best out of both worlds with zero config efforts for normal users (if default is auto)

• also the OctoNet had issues under some conditions and software levels.

Hmm, ok, I listen, please tell us what and where?

Regards
    fnu

• Zitat von »9000H«
    also the OctoNet had issues under some conditions and software levels.

Hmm, ok, I listen, please tell us what and where?
    Regards
    fnu

ist long time ago and probably resolved in newer revisions but I cannot follow up as I not have the OctoNet anymore.
    Octonet issues

CU
    9000h

Es ist eagl in wlehcer Reiehnfogle die Bchustebaen in Woeretrn vokrmomen. Huapstache der estre und leztte Bchustbae sitmmen.

• Zitat

Eine explizite Angabe des Pilot Settings ist nur nötig, wenn der verwendete demodulator chip Schwierigkeiten mit dem Synchronisieren bei 8psk oder 16apsk hat und dadurch die Fehlerkorrektur nicht greift oder ein Satellitentransponder Probleme mit Phase Noise hat. Eigentlich sollte der chip das in hardware selbst erkennen.

Zerreiß(t) mich bitte nicht gleich in der Luft, aber woher nimmst Du diese Information? Ich habe die SAT>IP Spec nicht vollständig studiert, jedoch finde ich bis jetzt nur den Hinweis, dass plts ein "mandatory" Parameter ist.

yavdr 0.6.1 auf Zotac ZBox ID41, Kathrein ExIP 414E, Raspberry Pi mit OpenELEC

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von SiKr ()

• However, I won't add any menu item, but user could manually set a quirk mask for servers defined in the command-line.

no problem :tup , but pls also update your readme at gh :)

ist long time ago and probably resolved in newer revisions

this issue should be fixed, but there are still a few ppl that can't stream an error free stream to the network especially with RPi0/3 or you generate some traffic in the network and the stream immediately get errors (an mix from not that good sat>ip spec and idc from DD)

• Die technische Kundenberatung von Firma Kathrein sagt:

Zitat

der Beschreibung nach soll der Sat>IP Server alle notwendigen Parameter automatisch finden.

Das ist jedoch nicht der Fall, da die Astra Sat>IP Spezifikation dies nicht vorsieht.

Daher muss der Client die notwendigen Informationen zum Sat>IP Server übertragen.

yaVDR 0.6.1, Asrock Q1900M, 2,0 GB, 1TB HD, TeVii S480, Kathrein EXIP 414/E, IKEA Kallax Schränkchen (umgebaut)

• Genau, der Mittelpunkt der Erde liegt in Rosenheim, so ist das in Bayern ... :rofl

SCNR ^^

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!