No VDR but Kodi is OK

• Hi cinfo,

The Nvidia 720 could not handle the heat and started pixelating the screen. Need a new gt720 or ( gt610 maybe ? )

Initially, changed the Kontron board for another identical one. I had hoped to fix the problem but failed.

There is a more worrying problem i have now because even though Kodi works fine , vdr does not.

Ehd has green light now and seems to work as there is a picture from hdmi. However, you are not able to use the remote control ? so you can not change channel or configure Reelbox ?

The only way to switch off vdr is by unplugging from the wall.

The Lcd display and front panel show :

1 - REEL MULTIMEDIA Reelbox constant and without change.
    2 - Flashing/blinking ( Standby )

No matter what you do, vdr is completely unresponsive.

What am i doing wrong ?

Do you have images of how original kontron m-itx for Reelbox 2 ?

Maybe a connector is in the wrong place...

Thank you for your help.

AVG2l : 1 x Kingston 120 gb ssd, 1 x seagate 4tb, 1 x toshiba 3tb
    VDR : 1.7.29.9
    IMAGE : BM2LTS v2.90
    Kontron ktq87 motherboard , i7-4770s Processor , Crucial 1600mhz 16gb ram , Internal netciever
    Using original avg2 frontpanel , COM port and Remote Control

GPU : msi 1050 Ti 4gb Low Profile using Nvidia 384.130 proprietary driver

• Hi,

doing a factory installation BM2LTS v2.94 only with the eHD and without an NVIDIA card

cinfo

(VDR) NUC11PAH & GEEKOM MINI-IT11-11. Generation * BM2LTS * DD NET S2 Max * NC * (Sound) Cinebar Lux Set * (Stream) Apple TV 4K (2022) *

(Light) PHILIPS Hue Play HDMI Sync Box & Gradient Lightstrip * (OLED TV) LG OLED65G29LA

• Hi cinfo,

I have just finished factory reset v2.94.3 and also tried with v2.88 but i do not understand why the Reelbox Lcd is :

REEL MULTIMEDIA Reelbox and Standby is flashing.

Makes no difference which bm2lts factory you install.

Must be a connector or maybe the LCD display has an open circuit ?

I am lost here.

Thanks.

Kontron ktq87 motherboard , i7-4770s Processor , Crucial 1600mhz 16gb ram , Internal netciever

• If you are using the original Board, then very likely the RS232 Connector is at the wrong COM interface or turned around.

If you are not using the original, the Board Chipset ID is not the same and the LCD is not directed to the right COM Interface.

Worst Case by connecting the wrong way you can damage the MAX232 Device on the small Power Board and then no Communication will happen.

So please add some more info to make absolutely clear what you are using...

Best regards

1x AVG mit KTQ87/i5, 2xAVGmit KTQ77/i5 und BM2LTS last RC, 1x AVGI (BM2LTS2.89), 1x AVGIII (12.12.1), NUC in sporadischer Testphase
    3 ext. Netceiver (3x DVB-C, 5x DVB-S2, 6x DVB_S2)
    QNAP NAS,4x3TB, RAID 6

• Hi maier2505 ,

Many thanks for responding , i really am lost here.

If you are using the original Board, then very likely the RS232 Connector is at the wrong COM interface or turned around.

Yes, i am using the original board .

Worst Case by connecting the wrong way you can damage the MAX232 Device on the small Power Board and then no Communication will happen.

I hope this is not the case...

Not sure where the com232 is to be honest , i tried to put back the connectors in their original places.

Thanks again for helping out.

• Here a picture of the AVG2 Board.

The small connector with the 2 cables is the COM Connector. Have a look whether it is placed exactly the same.

Also the other (Frontpanel Connector), bigger one needs to be located exactly in this way.

The single cables are very sensible, look whether one is broken.

Just a tip, having a picture is helping a lot to complete the box afterwards the right way :)

Bilder

1x AVG mit KTQ87/i5, 2xAVGmit KTQ77/i5 und BM2LTS last RC, 1x AVGI (BM2LTS2.89), 1x AVGIII (12.12.1), NUC in sporadischer Testphase
    QNAP NAS,4x3TB, RAID 6

• Hi maier2505 ,

Fantastic, AVG2 is now working .

I now know what a COM232 connector is , the small and large one's.

The large COM232 connector was not properly pushed all the way in.

A picture is a thousand words.

Many thanks to you.

• Super !

The big connector is not really COM (RS232), it is the Kontron Frontpanel Connector.

Best regards

QNAP NAS,4x3TB, RAID 6

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!