[0.6.0] Installation of yaVdr 0.6 in Intel NUC6?

• Hi.

I have tried to install yaVdr 0.6 in the las version of intel NUC (NUC6i5SYK), but the bootable usb of yaVdr 0.6 can not go on since the keyboard selecction.

I had to record yaVdr 0.6 iso in a DVD, and connect an external DVD reader in order to go on with installation.

The problem is that the installation software is not able to detect the wired network, so installation is not able to finish.

I want to try Ubuntu 15.10 64bits, but I do not know if yaVdr 0.6 can be installed from a ppa repository. Is that possible?, what should I do?.

Regards.
    Javier B.

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

• You can't install the yavdr packages on an Ubuntu 15.10 installation. I'm not even sure, if 15.10 uses Upstart (when was the switch to systemd?) and also some dependencies might have changed.

Lars.

• Ubuntu 15.10 use systemd.

Gruß
    Frodo

• You could try if the ethernet card works with Kernel 4.2 on Ubuntu 14.04.3 Server - if it does, you could try a network installation installation using a preseed for yaVDR.

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

• Hi.

Even without finishing installation, yaVdr starts in Tty1 screen and I can login.

I think that no sofware has been downloaded from internet and neither post-installation scripts of yaVdr have been executed.

I found a page with some info about how to install intel wired network driver in ubuntu 14.04.03, I guess I will be able to do the same in yaVdr 0.6 and activate network.

But, I do not know if I will be able to run the post-intallation scripts after installing the network.

Tomorrow I will try to activate the network, if it works I will let you know and we will decide next steps.

Regards.
    Javier B.

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

• Hi.

Too hard for me :(

Booting with Ubuntu 15.10 in order to know the model of wired network, it seems to be: Intel® Ethernet Connection I218-V. So I go to Intel drivers web page to download the right driver: em-7.6.1.tar.gz.

The way for installing seems to be easy:

But... I can not run make command, it seems not to be installed, and I have no network to do it... Is there an esay way to install make command without network connection?.

[Edited]: The exit of "dpkg --get-selections" command is here: http://pastebin.com/k9ND6Ugh

Regards.
    Javier B.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

• I am going to try Ubuntu 14.04.03 server in order to try the proposal of seahawk1986.

Regards.
    Javier B.

• Ubuntu server 14.04.03 installed and working properly. Network works also fine.

What should I do to install Yavdr 0.6 by means a network preseed?.

Regards.
    Javier B.

• What should I do to install Yavdr 0.6 by means a network preseed?.

There are two ways you could try:
    1) Adding the yaVDR PPAs to your existing installation, installing the packages and forcing the post-install event

Code
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yavdr/main
    sudo add-apt-repository -s ppa:yavdr/stable-vdr
    sudo add-apt-repository -s ppa:yavdr/stable-xmbc
    sudo add-apt-repository -s ppa:yavdr/stable-yavdr
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    sudo apt-get install --no-install-recommend yavdr-esential
    sudo yavdr-post-install

Because yavdr-post-install will add the yaVDR PPAs as well, you should delete /etc/apt/sources.list.d/yavdr.list afterwards.
    You will probably need to add "i915.preliminary_hw_support=1" to your kernel command line in order to use the intel driver with Kernel 4.2 - see https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Intel-SKL-Prelim-Support
    So create a custom template for /etc/default/grub:

Code
    sudo mkdir -p /etc/yavdr/templates_custom/etc/default/grub
    sudo cp /usr/share/yavdr/templates/etc/default/grub/10_main /etc/yavdr/templates_custom/etc/default/grub/

insert the Option into the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT variable(s) in the file /etc/yavdr/templates_custom/etc/default/grub/10_main
    and run this command to update the actual grub files:

Code
    sudo process-template /etc/default/grub
    sudo update-grub

Now you perform all the steps necessary for the intel graphics drivers and softhddevice to support vaapi. After that you reboot.

2) The second way would be installing from the ubuntu server cd with modified boot parameters to include a preseed file from the network.
    So on your second yaVDR you would save this as yavdr.seed:

And set up a rudimentary http server by running this command in the same directory as yavdr.seed:

Code
    python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8000

Then you boot from the Ubuntu 14.04.3 Server install meihtdium and choose the extended boot options with F6, hit the Escape key and replace

Code
    file=/cdrom/preseed/yavdr.seed

w

Code
    url=http://<IP of VDR with python http server>:8000/yavdr.seed

. Then install, reboot and add the needed drivers and grub options.

Edit: updated PPA handling in first approach.
    Edit2: do not install optional packages

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von seahawk1986 ()

• Thanks.

Done the firs option.

Solfthdevice plugin do not work by now. I have compiled and installed the plugin with the right options (I think), but nothing shown.

With mouse I can activate the left menu to launch firefox, kodi, etc...

Some buttons of my remote contro do not work neither.

This is the output of syslog after a reboot:

http://pastebin.com/tGpJaDss

Regards.
    Javier B.

• You should add some valid channels to your channels.conf, the IPTV channels may not work reliable.

And I don't see any vaapi or similar messages from softhddevice, are you sure you have compiled and installed it in the right way?

Lars.

• Are you sure your self-compiled package has vaapi support?

Code
    Feb 17 16:10:43 yaVdr06 vdr: video/vaapi: Can't inititialize VA-API on ':1.0'
    Feb 17 16:10:43 yaVdr06 vdr: video: 'va-api' output module isn't supported

Can you build it again and post the buildlog?

• Well, I think I did right but tomorrow I will try again.

Regards
    Javier B.

• Hi.

Here you have the whole process:

http://pastebin.com/dPEZMHU6

[Edited] Errors remains:

Code
    Feb 18 09:44:58 yaVdr06 vdr: video: 'va-api' output module isn't supported
    Feb 18 09:44:58 yaVdr06 vdr: audio: 'alsa' output module used

Regards.
    Javier B.

• According to the description in https://launchpad.net/~oibaf/+…e/ubuntu/graphics-drivers the packages are supposed to work with Ubuntu 14.04.1 or lower -
    maybe they need to be recompiled against the headers of the newer *-lts-wiley packages if Ubuntu 14.04.3 is used.

• maybe they need to be recompiled against the headers of the newer *-lts-wiley packages

Ok.

Someone can tell me how can I compile the drivers in the 14.04.3 version? Is it the same procedure that compiling softhdevice?

Regards.
    Javier B.

• Hi.

As I do not know how to go on ahead, and I have a second SSD M2 hard disk, I will give a try to easyVdr, just to know if it can work properly with NUC6.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards.
    Javier B.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!