[SOLVED] VDR not working with two tuners (DVB-S2 and DVB-T)

• Hello

first of all, sorry for writing in English, I don't know German good enough.

I'm running a headless home server for VDR as backend, and have two tuners. DVBSky S960 for DVB-S2 and Geniatech T230 for DVB-T reception.

VDR version is 2.2.0 from GIT, but I tries the latest too. I compiled on Ubuntu Trusty with plugin VNSI-Server.

My problem is that drives me crazy now, and spent more then a week to figure out what could be wrong: if both tuners are connected, only DVB-S works, no DVB-T. If I disconnect dvb-s tuner or remove all the dvb-s entries from the channels.conf then dvb-t is working perfectly. If I add dvb-s channels, then dvb-t says no signal, lost lock, etc. But dvb-s is working fine.
    I reinstalled Ubuntu Server a several times, and tried everything I can imagine, nothing helps. Both tuners are fine, they are working very good, but if both connected, dvb-t stops working. How can this be and why?

Please tell me what logs do you need, I will provide everything you ask. I'm going mad now because I can't resolve this.

Many thanks for your help!

Server: Atom 330, 2GB RAM, 2x2TB HD, 160GB 2.5" system drive, DVBSky S960 USB DVB-S2, picoPSU 120W, Ubuntu Server Trusty, VDR 2.2.0 + Live, streamdev, epgfixer, epgsearch, restfulapi, vnsi-server
    HTPC1: ASRock 330 ION, 2GB RAM, 32GB 1,8" SSD, Chieftec IX-03B + picoPSU 90W, Kaze Slim 100mm cooler, OE 5.95.4 DualAudio Build + VDR vnsi-client
    Clients: notebook, netbook, desktop, Pi2, WP
    Harmony 515 Remote, Panasonic 42" Plasma, Sony STR-DE 585 5.1 DTS, 78 Triax + Inverto Black LNB + Powertech S380

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gurabli ()

• Hi,

please add the dummydevice. It should not be the solution, but maybe it is.

Claus

MLD 5.5 mit vdr 2.6 - lirc yaUSBir - Octopus NET S2 - SCR - XFX GeForce 9300 mit Intel E3200 - 2GB RAM - WD Green 12TB HDD - SanDisk 64GB SSD - Lian Li PC-C37B - Samsung LE40A559
    MLD 5.5 mit vdr 2.4 - Raspberry Pi 3 - rpihddevice
    MLD 5.5 mit Squeeze Play - Raspberry Pi 2 - 32GB SD - 7" Touch TFT

• Hi,

Claus

Hi,

I will try this. I don't have this plugin and I don't see it in git. Will look into this.

This drives me crazy, I really need to solve this somehow...

Server: Atom 330, 2GB RAM, 2x2TB HD, 160GB 2.5" system drive, DVBSky S960 USB DVB-S2, picoPSU 120W, Ubuntu Server Trusty, VDR 2.2.0 + Live, streamdev, epgfixer, epgsearch, restfulapi, vnsi-server
    HTPC1: ASRock 330 ION, 2GB RAM, 32GB 1,8" SSD, Chieftec IX-03B + picoPSU 90W, Kaze Slim 100mm cooler, OE 5.95.4 DualAudio Build + VDR vnsi-client
    Harmony 515 Remote, Panasonic 42" Plasma, Sony STR-DE 585 5.1 DTS, 78 Triax + Inverto Black LNB + Powertech S380

• Yes, in the meantime I found it too. I will use version 2.0.0 as the latest. I guess it compiles as other plugins and should be added with -P.
    Will report back.

• Hi,

Claus

Reading about the dummydevice plugin: I use the VDR backend to watch livetv on my Kodi box. If I add dummydevice, I will not be able to use my tuners for live tv?

• Can you show the part of syslog, where vdr starts? Especially what it reports about the capabilities of the devices.
    In theory, vdr shouldn't have a problem with mixed devices.

Lars.

• Can you show the part of syslog, where vdr starts? Especially what it reports about the capabilities of the devices.
    In theory, vdr shouldn't have a problem with mixed devices.

Lars.

Of course. I will need to reinstall, as i completely messed up the system with trying to build dvb drivers, etc and I will then provide complete logs.

I'm 100% sure that this can be resolved somehow, both DVBSky S960 and MyGica T230 are fully supported and widely used with VDR. I really hope you will be able to help me here.

When I got the DVB-T stick, some half a year ago, I just plugged it in and it worked. So it was working already on this system. I had to do a reinstall, and then my nightmare started.

• OK, I got the system back.

Here is the log with both tuners connected: http://pastebin.com/N7bNsPw3

I have added dummydevice too, but it didn't help, it looks to me. As you can see, frontend 1/0 always timed out. Just don't get it why and what can I do. The same is working fine without the dvb-s device attached. All -s and -t channels are FTA.

I can use w_scan to scan for dvb-t channels and it founds all of them without problem, just as dvb-s2.

Please help me, I'm going crazy. Especially as it did work a month ago...

• And you may test streaming with streamdev-server and vlc to get vnsi out of the way.

The two devices don't share any delivery systems, so the one should be used for T channels, and the other for S/S2 channels. Hm...

Lars.

• And you may test streaming with streamdev-server and vlc to get vnsi out of the way.

The two devices don't share any delivery systems, so the one should be used for T channels, and the other for S/S2 channels. Hm...

Lars.

I have tried to update the kernel too, now I will try 4.2 generic (Willy), but I'm afraid that it will not help.

Next thing will be streamdev, then we can rule out vnsi.

Are there anybody actually with dvb-s2 and dvb-t tuners and working VDR? :) There must be. And it did work for me as well, don't understand.

• Did everything in my power and knowledge, nothing worked. It must be driver (firmware) related, most likely the T230, so actually it is not VDR related I think.

If there is anybody who is using a DVB-S2 and the T230 tuners together might report his findings. I would be surprised if that would work.

• OK, we managed to fix the issue. It turned out that it was not VDR or tuner related at all, but it was because TWO (2!) diplexers were of cheap quality (even if they were brands, not no name ones). We ruled out the error on the first diplexer when we replaced it with another tested item (I started with hw error trial before I wrote here). I got an advise from a professional sat guy to try an Alcad professional diplexer. As I was really desperate, I bought one and suddenly everything started to work!

So it was not at all related to VDR or kernel or any Ubuntu update.

Thank you for all of you who tried to help me with this error!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!