DD Cine C2/T2 V7 not finding all the channels

• I started with Debian Jessie. Compiled kernel 4.0.4, and installed media_build_experimental.

I have previously tested both a TBS6218 and a TBS6680 card. In MythTV I start the scan with a "Full search (tuned)", and that gives me about 150 channels. This is DVB-C.

The settings when searching are: Frequency, 386000000, symbol rate 6950000, QAM 64

When trying this with the DD card, the search is aborted immediately, with no channels found.

I have another possibility, and that is to do a "Full search", and choose a country. The only two countries available are Germany and UK.

A search based on Germany gives me 5 channels. Then I have a known transport, and can search again, using "Search all existing transports". Then I get about 50 channels. Still missing a lot of channels.

A test with "w_scan -fc" finds 32 channels. The output from w_scan can be found at http://pastebin.com/yMJ2hGad

A problem with QAM 64?

Live TV is better and with less stuttering than with the TBS cards. So I would really like to use this card.

Is there anything I can do to find the missing channels?

- trond

• Try w_scan options "-fc -t 3 -F". It might also help to try a more recent version of w_scan.

CU
    Oliver

• I have another possibility, and that is to do a "Full search", and choose a country. The only two countries available are Germany and UK.

And you are where exactly located and what is name of your local cable provider?
    Symbolrate 6950 is a quite unusual choice of symbol rate.
    w_scan does not scan this by default at all. For other scanner may be the same. Usual settings are 6900, 6875 (rarely.. 6956)

Zitat

A test with "w_scan -fc" finds 32 channels. The output from w_scan can be found at http://pastebin.com/yMJ2hGad

- Why did you omit/forget to set your country in w_scans command line? w_scan seems to guess 'Norway' as your country. Is that right?
    - Why did you use an >2years old version of w_scan?
    - Your symbol rate choice for manual scan seems to be wrong. You say '6950', but more likely it seems be 6952. Did you even try that?
    - Did you try (with updated w_scan version ! :( w_scan -fc -cNO -S4 or w_scan -fc -cNO -e1

• Try w_scan options "-fc -t 3 -F". It might also help to try a more recent version of w_scan.

The more relaxed timeouts gave me some more channels, 58.

I downloaded and compiled a new version of w_scan. That resulted in 43 channels. But running the same command again, resulted in 37 channels. That is strange.

I am going to test some more with the other suggestions you have.

• And you are where exactly located and what is name of your local cable provider?
    Symbolrate 6950 is a quite unusual choice of symbol rate.
    w_scan does not scan this by default at all. For other scanner may be the same. Usual settings are 6900, 6875 (rarely.. 6956)

I am in Norway, and the cable provider is Canal Digital.

Symbolrate 6950 was from my notes. It has worked for me before, but it is probably wrong.

- Why did you omit/forget to set your country in w_scans command line? w_scan seems to guess 'Norway' as your country. Is that right?
    - Why did you use an >2years old version of w_scan?
    - Your symbol rate choice for manual scan seems to be wrong. You say '6950', but more likely it seems be 6952. Did you even try that?
    - Did you try (with updated w_scan version ! :( w_scan -fc -cNO -S4 or w_scan -fc -cNO -e1

- w_scan guessed correct country, and I was happy with that.
    - The w_scan version I was using comes from the Debian repo, or perhaps the multimedia repo I have added.
    - I saw in my channel list the number 6952 repeatedly, so I also tried using that. It did'nt work. But I tried some other frequencies, and the scan worked inside MythTV. But it ended in a mess, with duplicated channels, but no more unique channels.
    - The first suggestion (-S4) did not give me more channels, but for the first time I saw the NRK channels. This is the public brodcasting company in Norway. The second suggestion ran for a very long time, but not that many channels still. But the symbol rate should be 6952 anyway.

The results seem a bit random,

It is possible that the card is bad.

• It is possible that the card is bad.

I can confirm that the card is bad. By using the parameter -a1 with w_scan I can get all the channels. By enabling adapter0 and adapter1 in turn in MythTV, I can confirm this.

Thanks for the tips and inspiration :]

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!