VDR + USALS and EPG update

• gda Sorry, it looks that something really went wrong with the formatting on first attempt. Now I added the lines Klaus suggested and have the following error on compile:

Code
    g++ -g -O3 -Wall -Werror=overloaded-virtual -Wno-parentheses -fPIC -c -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -DREMOTE_KBD -DLIRC_DEVICE=\"/var/run/lirc/lircd\" -DVIDEODIR=\"/srv/vdr/video\" -DCONFDIR=\"/var/lib/vdr\" -DARGSDIR=\"/etc/vdr/conf.d\" -DCACHEDIR=\"/var/cache/vdr\" -DRESDIR=\"/usr/local/share/vdr\" -DPLUGINDIR=\"/usr/local/lib/vdr\" -DLOCDIR=\"/usr/local/share/locale\" -I/usr/include/freetype2	-o eitscan.o eitscan.c
    eitscan.c: In member function ‘void cEITScanner::Process()’:
    eitscan.c:153:57: error: request for member ‘Position’ in ‘Channel->cChannel::Source()’, which is of non-class type ‘int’
    	if (Positioner->LastLongitude() != Channel->Source().Position())
                                                         	^
    make: *** [eitscan.o] Error 1

We will wait for Klaus then.

Server: Atom 330, 2GB RAM, 2x2TB HD, 160GB 2.5" system drive, DVBSky S960 USB DVB-S2, picoPSU 120W, Ubuntu Server Trusty, VDR 2.2.0 + Live, streamdev, epgfixer, epgsearch, restfulapi, vnsi-server
    HTPC1: ASRock 330 ION, 2GB RAM, 32GB 1,8" SSD, Chieftec IX-03B + picoPSU 90W, Kaze Slim 100mm cooler, OE 5.95.4 DualAudio Build + VDR vnsi-client
    Clients: notebook, netbook, desktop, Pi2, WP
    Harmony 515 Remote, Panasonic 42" Plasma, Sony STR-DE 585 5.1 DTS, 78 Triax + Inverto Black LNB + Powertech S380

• The same what I reported early.

PS: Yes sometimes I have also hard time to post the code in [code] . Mostly what I do is "paste without formatting" and then select that code and click on "code" button. If I write manually [code] with ending [/ code] the code get garbed.

• No problems, Klaus. We are here to test and I hope with your help we will achieve the goal. I will try out the new code, and I'm sure crow will do as well, and will report back. Will keep trying until we have a solution.

EDIT: now with the new code VDR compiled successfully without any errors. I can't test it atm, as I'm not at home. Maybe crow will be able to test it before.
    We are certainly one step ahead, as compiling is fine now.

Server: Atom 330, 2GB RAM, 2x2TB HD, 160GB 2.5" system drive, DVBSky S960 USB DVB-S2, picoPSU 120W, Ubuntu Server Trusty, VDR 2.2.0 + Live, streamdev, epgfixer, epgsearch, restfulapi, vnsi-server
    HTPC1: ASRock 330 ION, 2GB RAM, 32GB 1,8" SSD, Chieftec IX-03B + picoPSU 90W, Kaze Slim 100mm cooler, OE 5.95.4 DualAudio Build + VDR vnsi-client
    Harmony 515 Remote, Panasonic 42" Plasma, Sony STR-DE 585 5.1 DTS, 78 Triax + Inverto Black LNB + Powertech S380

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gurabli ()

• This issues seems to be VDR core related, therefore moved to right sub forum.

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

• crow Did you have time to test the code? It compiled fine, but I'm off from home this weekend, can't try it how it works.

• to prevent constant dish movement and update only channels on the satellite where the dish is pointed

Klaus, what he says is logical and makes sense. Is the expense for acceptable? I think it will be even more than the "LastLongitude". Am I right?

Albert

• I have some problems with my satdish and signal, can prove everything only tomorrow.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• crow Did you manage to try out?

I'm home tomorrow, and will be able to check by evening.

• As it seems i fixed my Dish Issue, i was going to try new code, but here it still does not compile. I does work, i did create new diff but not included by patching. It compiles now without issue.

• Sounds great! I'm not sure if I understand correctly, you managed to compile or to try it out too, and you report that the patch does work, so when EPG update is triggered, it is done only on the satellite position where the dish was last positioned, no movement when epg update is triggered for a channel on another satellite?

I will be able to test this hopefully this evening, but we have guest and I have to wait until everybody goes to sleep because of the "wife factor":)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• I have had problems with my Dish and Signal because of storm so I was not able to lock anything. That I fixed yesterday. Next was to try the new code to compile VDR and was not working on beginning, as I did not included new patch in build process. Once I included the right patch I was able to compile VDR.
    Next is to check if there are rotor movement or not when EPG is active (EPGScanTimeout = 1), this is still open.

• OK, I got it now:)
    I don't have visual on my dish as it is on the top of the building, I can just rely on clear epg and see if any of the channels on different position are updated or not. This might involve a case (unlikely, but possible) that the dish is moving but no epg is updated. I can spot this by access times when switching channels, will make a channels.conf file with two distant positions.

• Seems working as it should. I have in channels.conf just few channels on two differen Satelit position. In first log you will see movement when epg scan is startet (sudo svdrpsend SCAN) and in second there is no movement.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• I'm very sorry for not being able to test it yet, extremely busy with work. If no earlier, then on weekend I will test it too.

However, it seams to me it is working fine, as crow did the test already. Are you using this version and is it working as it should?

• I finally managed to try out, and it looks very much that it is working as expected! This is very good news! The code compiled without any errors, and there are no EPG updates on satellites other then the current position. As I don't have visual on the dish, I will be able to confirm this for 100% later, but if I trigger and EPG update, only the channels on the current position are updated.
    This makes VDR with rotor a perfect combination!

Maybe in a later version an option can be added to be able to select if this function should be enabled or disabled. I just think that there might be some users that would like to have all the EPG automatically updated and they don't mind about constant rotor movement. But this is just a remark, I would never enable that.

So much thanks for this great work and support! Will it be added to the master source?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!