Initial release of the satip-axe firmware is available (Minisatip for Digibit R1,DSI 400, IDL400s)

• Is it possible to add a switch to not raise the voltage before sending the diseqc command in unicable mode? In my setup (first generation inverto unicable lnb) everytime i raise the voltage i get artifacts in the other running channels.

• Is it possible to add a switch to not raise the voltage before sending the diseqc command in unicable mode? In my setup (first generation inverto unicable lnb) everytime i raise the voltage i get artifacts in the other running channels.

Yes, it is, but are you sure that 13V works for your device ? I thought that the settings can be changed when the voltage is 18V only for unicable.

• Yes, it is, but are you sure that 13V works for your device ? I thought that the settings can be changed when the voltage is 18V only for unicable.

Yes i am sure, i adjusted my diseqc.conf in vdr to only use 13V (with cineS2) and with this configuration there are no artifacts and channel switching works fine.

• Code
    satip-axe-201504142137-7 - Tue Apr 14 2015
        - minisatip
          - allow configurable DVR read buffer (-b option)
          - decrease default DVR read buffer to 14 UDP packets (18424 bytes)
          - allow 13V only for unicable/jess (* before freq)
          - tuner LED fixes
        - AXE modules
          - remove the load hell from STLinux, move everything to /etc/init.d/rcS
          - another workarounds for the correct tuner initialization
  • perex:
    Do you think there is some tuning possibility to reduce idle power consumption?

I ask this, cause the satip devices have a quite big idle consumption higher than 10W. For the vdr there is a plugin which can unload tuners if not : vdr-plugin-dynamite (https://github.com/flensrocker/vdr-plugin-dynamite) and so reduce power consumption.

Thanks for your work!
    Best regards
    Fux

Hardware: Asus M3N78-EM µATX GF 8300 | AMD Sempron 140 | Display VFD USB MDM166A | DVB-S2 TT-3600 USB | RAM 1 GB | WD20EARS 2 TB
    Software: yaVDR 0.5

• perex:
    Do you think there is some tuning possibility to reduce idle power consumption?

I ask this, cause the satip devices have a quite big idle consumption higher than 10W.

I saw in a thread that the switch from 1000M to 100M in the ethernet card can reduce power usage by 2W. If you have configurable network switch, could you force 100M on ethernet port? I can add ethtool to axe-firmware.

Also, the I2C chips might be probably powered down (not sure - have to read specs deeply and linux kernel drivers for them).

You may also try to unload the axe_fe module (which is the driver for tuners). Use

Code
    touch /tmp/nosatip
    killall -9 minisatip
    rmmod axe_fe

Could you measure wattage now ?

• I put more information about the I2C bus - to talk with LNB drivers, tuners and demulators to the https://github.com/perexg/satip-axe/tree/master/debug directory. Also, I added datasheets for the LNB driver and tuner there. I cannot find datasheet (with register description) for STV0900 demodulator - but we have code in the mainline kernel - stv0900_core.c etc.

I think that the axe_fe.ko kernel module (which does the whole setup of these chips) can be replaced with own code. The TS packet data flow which uses proprietary STAPI is completely separated from the other settings.

• Thanks for this interesting project and the progress so far.
    I don't want to high-jack the thread but if I would want to buy one of the 3 brands which one is the preferred one?
    From your experience is there a difference in quality / function / internal components / something else ? between the 3 brands?

BR, Joe

• Interesting, what i can read here. Seems to be a cheap way to try it whit a digibit r1. Its cheaper for me than 4 sat cards (125€) . But maybe to cheap ?( Any advises for the router device?

Proxmox VE, Tyan Xeon Server, OMV, MLD-Server 5.1
    MLD 5.1 64bit: Asus AT5iont-t, ION2, 4GB Ram, SSHD 2,5" 1Tb, HEX TFX 300W 82+, Cine S2 V6.2 , 38W max.
    Yavdr 0.5:
    Zotac D2550ITXS-A-E mit GT610 OB, TT S2-4100 PCI-e ,Joujye NU-0568I-B
    Yavdr 0.5:
    Sandy Bridge G840, Tests und Energieverbrauch , CoHaus CIR, Cine S2 V6.2
    MLD 5.1 Beebox N3150
    , DVBSky S960 und 1Tb WD Blue

• Hi Darkover, are you still using this firmware? Would be great to hear something about your expirience with it. Which brand of the device do you use? I'm thinking of getting a Digibit R1. I had it once but it was freezing every few days with the stock firmware.

Octopus Net S2 + DuoFlex S2
    VDR-2.3.8, Plugins: EPG-Search, VNSI-Server, satip

• Hy KiLLERHOLIC,

I use now the Build 7. Since this Build i do not use the settings anymore.
    Without the Settings the Streams are stabel and without artifacts.

I have 2 GSS.Boxes.

First Box is used with an Gen2Vdr with satip-plugin (1 Device).
    Second Box is used with an selfmade Gentoo VDR as Recording-Server with satip-plugin (full 4 Devices)

Since Yesterday i get an BananaPI from Amazon and there it works for an few hours an VDR on it.
    The BananaPI use 1 Device directly from the First Box with satip-plugin (1 Device).
    I was suprised that this litte BananaPI works very good.

In all Cases the Build 7 works without any Changes in the sysctl.conf on any Systems.

The first GSS.Box get the Build 7 over USB-Stick.
    The second GSS.Box has the Build 7 inside.

I test now for 3 Days the Build 7 and it seems this is an very stable Version by now.

Greetings,
    Darkover

• Thank you, I guess soon I'll have a new box. ;)

Mod.: Useless fullquote on direct answer!

Octopus Net S2 + DuoFlex S2
    VDR-2.3.8, Plugins: EPG-Search, VNSI-Server, satip

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• Code
    satip-axe-201504211434-8 - Tue Apr 21 2015
        - faster boot (approx. 25 seconds from flash)
        - tuners - configurable gain (0-16dB) - STV6210_BAMP in config
        - enabled inetd/httpd/ftpd/nfsd by default
        - added nfsd v3 support
        - added ethtool
        - extended debug tools for I2C bus (axe-debug, axehelper)
  • IDL400c very interesting. Does satip stream encrypted channels which could be decrypted by the cam at the client?

VDR #1 Backend: Debian on Dockstar + Sundtek DVB-C Stick. Frontend: OpenElec PVR mit xvdr on Zotac ZBOX ID-80 + Crucial 64GB SSD + 4GB Ram
    VDR #2: yavdr 0.4: Gehäuse: Silverstone Lascala SST-LC20B-M, Mainboard: Asus P5QL PRO, Grafikkarte: MSI NVIDIA GeForce GT N220-MD1GZ, TV-Karten: 2x KNC-One DVB-C, RAM: 4GB, HDD: SSD 64GB

• Hi,

yes the normal spec supports client side decryption, a example are Panasonic viera tv's from 2014 on.

CU
    9000h

Es ist eagl in wlehcer Reiehnfogle die Bchustebaen in Woeretrn vokrmomen. Huapstache der estre und leztte Bchustbae sitmmen.

• Does the software discussed in this thread already work on IDL400c? Then I would buy one.

VDR #1 Backend: Debian on Dockstar + Sundtek DVB-C Stick. Frontend: OpenElec PVR mit xvdr on Zotac ZBOX ID-80 + Crucial 64GB SSD + 4GB Ram
    VDR #2: yavdr 0.4: Gehäuse: Silverstone Lascala SST-LC20B-M, Mainboard: Asus P5QL PRO, Grafikkarte: MSI NVIDIA GeForce GT N220-MD1GZ, TV-Karten: 2x KNC-One DVB-C, RAM: 4GB, HDD: SSD 64GB

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!