[SOLVED] EPG character encoding

  • Hi,
    fine tuning my new system, I stumbled across the problem that UPC Direct (DVB-S2) provider's EPG characters for Hungarian language are not correctly displayed. I see that it was already address back in 2006 with a patch, but don't know if it is still valid or how can I apply and use this?
    Description: Link


    I believe a plugin EPGFixer could resolve this issue, but I really don't know how can I configure the plugin to convert UPC's charset to proper?
    Your help would be very much appreciated!


    Many thanks!

    Server: Atom 330, 2GB RAM, 2x2TB HD, 160GB 2.5" system drive, DVBSky S960 USB DVB-S2, picoPSU 120W, Ubuntu Server Trusty, VDR 2.2.0 + Live, streamdev, epgfixer, epgsearch, restfulapi, vnsi-server
    HTPC1: ASRock 330 ION, 2GB RAM, 32GB 1,8" SSD, Chieftec IX-03B + picoPSU 90W, Kaze Slim 100mm cooler, OE 5.95.4 DualAudio Build + VDR vnsi-client
    Clients: notebook, netbook, desktop, Pi2, WP
    Harmony 515 Remote, Panasonic 42" Plasma, Sony STR-DE 585 5.1 DTS, 78 Triax + Inverto Black LNB + Powertech S380

    The post was edited 1 time, last by gurabli ().

  • With the help of Matti, the developer of EPGFixer, and my previous test back in the MediaPortal days, I managed to figure out that it is UPC Direct who is actually following DVB standards and it is DigiTV who is not.
    With EPGFixer I managed to correct the EPG in non standard DIGITV streams, now it should be all correct. I will explain in more details who I have done this.

    Server: Atom 330, 2GB RAM, 2x2TB HD, 160GB 2.5" system drive, DVBSky S960 USB DVB-S2, picoPSU 120W, Ubuntu Server Trusty, VDR 2.2.0 + Live, streamdev, epgfixer, epgsearch, restfulapi, vnsi-server
    HTPC1: ASRock 330 ION, 2GB RAM, 32GB 1,8" SSD, Chieftec IX-03B + picoPSU 90W, Kaze Slim 100mm cooler, OE 5.95.4 DualAudio Build + VDR vnsi-client
    Clients: notebook, netbook, desktop, Pi2, WP
    Harmony 515 Remote, Panasonic 42" Plasma, Sony STR-DE 585 5.1 DTS, 78 Triax + Inverto Black LNB + Powertech S380