root@astra:/dev/dvb/adapter0# ls
    demux0 dvr0 net0
    root@astra:/dev/dvb/adapter0#

I do not see frontend in driver

Any one can help me out?

Thx in advance

• Here using DKMS and Digital Devices driver package "0.9.18beta3":

=> DD max8 Big trouble

But you could also just do make;make install ...

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• Oh, sorry didn't realize that:

Code
    #/> #/> apt-get install dkms#/> cd /usr/src#/> tar jxf /home/vdr/Downloads/dddvb-0.9.18beta3.tar.bz2#/> cp /home/vdr/Downloads/dddvb-dkms.conf.txt ./dddvb-0.9.18beta3/dkms.conf#/> less ./dddvb-0.9.18beta3/dkms.confPACKAGE_NAME=dddvbPACKAGE_VERSION=0.9.18beta3AUTOINSTALL=yMAKE="make all"CLEAN="make clean"...#/> dkms helpError!  Unknown option: helpUsage: /usr/sbin/dkms [action] [options]  [action]  = { add | remove | build | install | uninstall | match | autoinstall               | mkdriverdisk | mktarball | ldtarball | mkrpm | mkkmp | mkdeb | status }  [options] = [-m module] [-v module-version] [-k kernel-version] [-a arch]              [-d distro] [-c dkms.conf-location] [-q] [--force] [--all]              [--templatekernel=kernel] [--directive='cli-directive=cli-value']              [--config=kernel-.config-location] [--archive=tarball-location]              [--kernelsourcedir=source-location] [--no-prepare-kernel] [--no-initrd]              [--binaries-only] [--source-only] [-r release (SuSE)] [--verbose]              [--size] [--spec=specfile] [--media=floppy|iso|tar] [--legacy-postinst=0|1]

Code
    #/> dkms add -m dddvb -v 0.9.18beta3Creating symlink /var/lib/dkms/dddvb/0.9.18beta3/source ->                 /usr/src/dddvb-0.9.18beta3DKMS: add completed.#/> dkms statusdddvb, 0.9.18beta3: added

Code
    #/> dkms build -m dddvb -v 0.9.18beta3Kernel preparation unnecessary for this kernel.  Skipping...Building module:cleaning build area....make KERNELRELEASE=3.18.5-031805-lowlatency all...................cleaning build area....DKMS: build completed.#/> dkms statusdddvb, 0.9.18beta3, 3.18.5-031805-lowlatency, x86_64: built

Code
    #/> dkms install -m dddvb -v 0.9.18beta3octonet:Running module version sanity check. - Original module   - No original module exists within this kernel - Installation   - Installing to /lib/modules/3.18.5-031805-lowlatency/updates/dkms/...#/> dkms statusdddvb, 0.9.18beta3, 3.18.5-031805-lowlatency, x86_64: installed

It's not mandatory to call "dkms build" & "dkms install", as "dkms install" includes "dkms build" if not done already ...

Code
    modinfo ddbridgefilename:       /lib/modules/3.18.5-031805-lowlatency/updates/dkms/ddbridge.koversion:        0.9.18license:        GPLauthor:         Ralph Metzler, Metzler Brothers Systementwicklung GbRdescription:    Digital Devices PCIe Bridge...

Don't forget to set a proper module config:

Code
    cat /etc/modprobe.d/maxs8.confoptions ddbridge fmode=3 => Unicable & JESS at my place

Regards
    fnu

neshkito

Please use code tags for code output the button with "#" ...

Dateien

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• Is the beta3 driver suitable for the Cine 5? Otherwise it could be better to use the media_build_experimental driver.

Roman

VDR: Gigabyte P43-ES3G, Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200, GeForce GT730

• Is the beta3 driver suitable for the Cine 5?

Yes, you're right for mixed environment UFO's "media_build_experimental" is the way to go.

I got adapter 0-2-4-6 and should get adapters 0-7

Well, you need to set a proper config, depending on your infrastructure. Behind each connector is a pair of tuner tied togehter. Can you describe a bit?

I am adding kernel 3.18

You don't need to use Kernel 3.18, it was just the kernel I used to describe DKMS ...

Regards
    fnu

• Well

I use Quad lnb with 1 cable for the tests

I have follow that guide and got in my dvb folder 4 adapters, and must be 0-7 right?

Code

demux0  dvr0  net0

I also do create: /etc/modprobe.d/ddbridge.conf
    options ddbridge fmode=1

Here is the result with Media-build but without frontend driver mxl5xx.

Upgrading now to Kernel 3.18 as we speak with menu config with MAX dvb devices set to 32
    Ubuntu 4.10

• I use Quad lnb with 1 cable for the tests

Well I guess that doesn't work with "fmode=1", you need to use all 4 cables to your Quad LNB:

Code
    - fmode = 0 - You can use that card in each environment, but need to configure everything by your own, limited to the fact that you have 4 tuner pairs, sharing a LNB each.- fmode = 1 - You need to connect all 4 cables to a multiswitch what does include Quad LNBs. Card does run in Multiswitch emulation and set each output fix to a specific level, VL, VH, HL, HH- fmode = 2 - Nearly same as "1", you need to connect all 4 cables to a Quattro LNB, where each output does deliver a fixed level, VL, VH, HL, HH- fmode = 3 - Let's call it SCR mode, you need just one cable, most top connector and you can run all 8 tuners within a SCR/Unicable (EN50494) resp. SCR/JESS (EN50607) infrastructure

I have follow that guide and got in my dvb folder 4 adapters, and must be 0-7 right?

If you use just one cable and default "fmode=0", you will see just 4 tuners.

Regards
    fnu

A graphic from DigitalDevices:
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://www.digital-devices.eu/media/image/thumbnail/maxS8-anschluss547c5ee6bde15_720x600.png]

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• Hm,
    What it has to do with the fact if cables are connected or not?
    I must see the card working in the machine, if cables are not connected, what that has to do with the drivers?
    Sorry for the unclear comment
    I can connect 1 cable and get out one spectrum for example: VL
    Or I am wrong?

Mod.: Fullquote on a direct answer ... ?

• Looking to your output the card is showing 8 tuners in "fmode=1" with "media_build_experimental", so it's IMHO running ...

But that doesn't mean you get any signal, you should run in default mode "fmode=0" with one cable, where it shows just 4 tuners.

You can use 8 independend tuners (dmods) only in specific configurations. With "fmode=0" might be a way to use all 8 tuners but not independend, as the 4 tuner pairs are sharing one LNB physically each. But I don't know how to run that, I run it in a SCR environment, "fmode=3".

And I don't know the "astra" programm you're using ...

Regards
    fnu

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• Ok questions:

-Should I not see frontend file in each adapter folder after successful installation of the driver? like Cine 5?
    example:

Code

demux0  dvr0  net0  frontend0

-Can the fmode be changed whenever needed, or must each time drivers re-installed
    -Very confused, what guide to follow now ):, 10 days busy with this, and no success. Getting tired !!!

Mod.: Stop full quoting on direct answers!

• -Should I not see frontend file in each adapter folder after successful installation of the driver? like Cine 5? example:

Yes, 4 or 8 depending on "fmode".

-Can the fmode be changed whenever needed, or must each time drivers re-installed

No, just unload module, change "/etc/modprobe.d/ddbridge.conf", load module:

Code
    #/> sudo modprobe -r ddbridge
    #/> sudo vi /etc/modprobe.d/ddbridge.conf
    #/> sudo modprobe ddbridge

or just edit "/etc/modprobe.d/ddbridge.conf" ... and reboot ...

Which guide do you mean? You need to understand how the card is working, as you do it with each technical device ...

Regards
    fnu

• Ok finally get it to work but not complete
    Thx guys :)

I see only 10 adapters and they are working :)
    I miss one more max 8 card
    I do have 2x max8 and one cine5

See error on console:

Fail to apply ACL on /dev/dvb/adapter10/dvr0
    Fail to apply ACL on /dev/dvb/adapter10/demux10
    Fail to apply ACL on /dev/dvb/adapter10/net0

etc...till 16

Any idea?

• Hmm, I'm not sure, but afaik there's a kernel parameter defining max number of DVB devices ...

Maybe some other reader does remember that ... ?

Regards
    fnu

• I have made menu config and upgrade the kernel already
    /usr/src/linux-headers-3.18.0-custom

in .config

CONFIG_DVB_MAX_ADAPTERS=32

/dev/ddbridge
    card0
    card1
    no card 2 visible

Greets

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!