[CLOSED] Malloc Fault from SATIP Plugin

• Hello again,

i have upload the debug on pastebin for you

http://pastebin.com/Wkb9HKcf

The vdr stops with this answer:

/usr/local/bin/vdr -l 3 6 -P"satip -t 0xFFFF"
    *** glibc detected *** /usr/local/bin/vdr: malloc(): memory corruption: 0xb1f76d58 ***
    Aborted

Thank you for watching and the support.
    If you think thats not your satip plugin, then tell me please

Development: Cubietruck, Debian Wheezy with VDR 2.1.6
    Master : Back to the Root, Intel System
    Slave I : Bananapi, with Debian Wheezy and VDR 2.1.6
    Slave II : AMD Athlon II X2 3Ghz. 2GB Ram; Asus M4N7B Pro; Gforce 8300

• I have tested the my vdr with the GSS.box 7 days, with 24 hours and now i have buy a octopus Net v2 dvbs2-4 and the vdr will break down.
    i dont know why but it is confused.

i will send the octopus and gss back to the seller... it doesnt work for me.

• my last chance: i will test my configuration on a intel platform.

I will report back if i am ready with build.

• It will work on i686 platforms. I think the problem is arm specific and maybe the plugin needs some arm specific code or compiler options.

Why do u want to send back the gss, if it was working 7 days? And why did you buy the Octupus then?

- Client1: Thermaltake DH 102 mit 7" TouchTFT * Debian Stretch/vdr-2.4.0/graphtft/MainMenuHooks-Patch * Zotac H55-ITX WiFi * Core i3 540 * 4GB RAM ** Zotac GT630 * 1 TB System HDD * 4 GB RAM * Harmony 900 * satip-Plugin

- Client2: Alfawise H96 Pro Plus * KODI
    - Server: Intel Pentium G3220 * DH87RL * 16GB RAM * 4x4TB 3.5" WD RED + 1x500GB 2.5" * satip-Plugin
    - SAT>IP: Inverto iLNB

• okay,

Zitat

Why do u want to send back the gss, if it was working 7 days?

i have see many problems in the logs, "fix the Firmware" and after i read the threads here about the satip plugin, i read the octopus net devices are the best for this.
    My Tests are okay with the gss box on arm hardware, but i have sometimes problem on work because the box restartet if the box has not understood that are only 2 LNBs are activatet.
    I have configured on the bad internal website of gss.box and what i dont understand, the box are very hot on work with only 2 LNBs.

in addition i want to buy a device that are in the development, the inverto and gss satip boxes are for the manufactor okay, the development ends here.

My goal was to build a vdr network, not on intel hardware components with high power consumption, i want to build a vdr network with power saving arm components.
    The vdr client with bananapi are very nice and useful and after that i want to change my intel master vdr with 200 watt power consumption, to an cubietruck with only 8 watt :-).

it is possible, that i come back with new infos, if i have my build on the intel platform ready.

But one sentence, is allowed, why does the gss.box never bring up the glibc problem, but the octopus net does?
    Where is the problem?

• I dont know, broken hardware is also possible. VLC is working? Maybe try a windows client or tvheadend.

- Client1: Thermaltake DH 102 mit 7" TouchTFT * Debian Stretch/vdr-2.4.0/graphtft/MainMenuHooks-Patch * Zotac H55-ITX WiFi * Core i3 540 * 4GB RAM ** Zotac GT630 * 1 TB System HDD * 4 GB RAM * Harmony 900 * satip-Plugin

- Server: Intel Pentium G3220 * DH87RL * 16GB RAM * 4x4TB 3.5" WD RED + 1x500GB 2.5" * satip-Plugin

• Yes, of course vlc or anything else working fine.

• I'm running the satip plugin on arm platform (RaspberryPi) and it's rock stable. So your issue is not related to arm

SAT Hardware: Gibertini SE75 | DuraSat Dur-Line UK-24 | DD OctopusNET V2 Rack (Firmware 1.1.6) mit MaxS8
    Server: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 | Sempron 145@2Cores | 8GB ECC RAM | PicoPSU | Debian Stretch 64Bit | VDR 2.4.5 mit SAT>IP, epgsearch, live, markad
    Clients: RaspberryPI 2/3 | Yocto Poky Linux (Openembedded) 3.2+git | Linux Kernel 5.4.72 | VDR 2.4.5 mit SAT>IP, RpiHDDevice, SkinDesigner, Remote, Extrecmenu, Femon, Mlist

R.I.P: Gigaset M740 mit VDR von open7x0.org

• Funktioniert's denn nun auf einer Intel Kiste?

• I do have both v1 and v2 OctopusNet and no such problems detected here.

But do you also have a Cubietruck3? Couldn't it be armv7 related?

• Couldn't it be armv7 related?

Did you use the compiler option "-fsigned-char" for CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS?

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

• Did you use the compiler option "-fsigned-char" for CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS?

I don't have a Cubitruck, but the thread starter. Was just an idea.

• I'm running the satip plugin on arm platform (RaspberryPi) and it's rock stable. So your issue is not related to arm

Can you tell how does it works, with which options did you have compiled the vdr ??

I do have both v1 and v2 OctopusNet and no such problems detected here.

Okay thats is a good point for me, that i have a mistake in my work, comiling and anything else.

Couldn't it be armv7 related?
    Did you use the compiler option "-fsigned-char" for CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS?

Nice to hear, i will check out for this.

Funktioniert's denn nun auf einer Intel Kiste?

Nein, weil die Intel kiste noch nicht fertig ist im Wiederaufbau. :)

• Very freaky... situation Sorry, but it works... i see all is clear and fine on my cubietruck3 master vdr....

(i tell us a really! true story. )

i believe i have a problem with the cubietruck3 and the adapter for 3,5 Hdd.
    it is also possible that it is a power component problem, because i have build the cubietruck "back to the roots", equals without the 3,5 HDD adapter and what happens?

i look tv on all on my vdr clients... ?

Sorry, but i can not believe it, my self ...

• I also had strange problems with my Cubietruck while I was using a 500mA power supply. All sorts of strange problems, sometimes when compiling, sometimes runtime. So the system seems to behave a bit odd when underpowered.

Thanks for this answer!!
    I have a powersupply in use with 12 volt and 4 Ampere.... and it dosent work.. for the 2,5 hdd i have in use 5 volts with 10 ampere....

it is really freaky.

• sorry rofafor,

for my post, your satip plugin works very very fine...

Excuse me please!

i have build my cubietruck3 with a new power supply and i have use the short sata connection for my 3,5 hdd.
    And now, it works, i will test and will write down the informations about this platform and how it works on productivity WAF (Womens acc....)

@all, they have a octopus net box
    my box will get on work very hot, it feels like little bit to hot, has anyone the same problem?
    I have no problems, but i will check before it give a problem.

thanks a lot for supporting and help!!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!