[Announce] VA-API/VPP Support for vdr-plugin-softhddevice

• Next round in my monolog:

I don't need my fix anymore, since I reacted to the compiler warnings concerning the parameters in avfilter_graph_parse
    and adopted the Code to current ffmpeg Versions, the crashes are gone - even when using the denoise-Filter with 720p. Looks
    like a very outdated ffmpeg version used by the people with no problems.

There is another flaw in the code: The Filter params are set to the config-value only after changing the value in the setup for the resolution of the current channel. At next reboot and when switching channels at least the denoise-Filter is always initialized with the default value (0.5).
    This can be fixed by calling VaapiInitSurface(decoder) in VaapiSetupVideoProcessing after looping through the enabled filters.

To have 0 for disabling the filter and 1..99 as active filter params is ok IMHO, for the default I can set 50 as suggested in the menu. As denoise beside interlacing is the only filter suggested by my sandybridge hardware I am not able to visually tell if the settings really change the video appearance.

vdr-2.6.7

softhddevice, dbus2vdr, dvd, epgsearch, femon, graphtftng, web, menuorg,
    osdteletext, radio, recsearch, satip, tvguide, vnsiserver

ubuntu focal, yavdr-ansible, linux-5.15 ,AsRock J4105, CIne CT-V7 DVB-C

• 9000H:
    This is very preliminary, because I am no expert, but to me the code makes more sense. I hope that the plugin developers give an official update.
    By the way, I still need the former patch, if I don't define denoise for 720p.

• Hi,

fuer all die DVB-T2 HEVC mit VAAPI haben oder wollen, hier ein Patch gegen softhddevice vpp branch (based on the work of jojo61)

VDPAU hab ich nicht getestet!

getestet mit Asrock J3150 und Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS vdr-2.3.1 mit hevc Patch

4K UHD macht noch grün eingefärbte Bilder und das scaling passt nicht

johns vielleicht hast du ja Lust und schaust mal darueber wegen 4K UHD

CU
    9000h

• Hi,

the patch was only for me as a proof of concept that it works not only with ffmpeg 3.x and vaapi, unfortunately I'm not a coder and I do also only limited time and knowledge about ffmpeg and related libs. I hope someone with more knowledge can pick it up as a start and make it right.

CU
    9000h

Es ist eagl in wlehcer Reiehnfogle die Bchustebaen in Woeretrn vokrmomen. Huapstache der estre und leztte Bchustbae sitmmen.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von 9000H ()

• Hi,

Did a quick test and for the vaapi part it works with va-api and va-api-glx, with the exception of the HLG Teststream on Astra 19.2.
    It looks like the plugin need some additional checks/settings for this type of stream, up to now I could not identify the issue.

ffprobe from the stream

CU
    9000h

Es ist eagl in wlehcer Reiehnfogle die Bchustebaen in Woeretrn vokrmomen. Huapstache der estre und leztte Bchustbae sitmmen.

• As I don't have any HEVC-capable Intel hardware available, I'd like to know what's the status of these samples with hardware decoding:

• yuv420p(tv, bt709) (as German DVB-T2) - software decoding is quite ok
    • yuv420p10le(tv) (as Astra UHD Demo) - software decoding is missing a proper color format conversion resulting invalid colors
    • yuv420p10le(tv, bt2020nc/bt2020/bt2020-10) (as HLG) - software decoding is producing black video with sound

Edit: Please, remember the use ffmpeg-3.2.2 or newer for testing

• Hi,

the best Hardware I have here is a Asrock J4205 which is working quit well and can do HEVC 10bit in hardware, the older J3700 can only do HEVC 8bit but works ok for the DVB-T2 .

CU
    9000h

• Hi,

no the yuv420p10le(tv, bt2020nc/bt2020/bt2020-10) (as HLG) did not work with softhddevice on the J4205 jet, but mpv did play it.

CU
    9000h

• rofafor

I have created a pull request.

This is one of a few softhddevice patches meant to improve replay of recordings.

I have picked only those of my patches, which I am pretty sure are safe.

Since most people now refer to yours and pesintta's github repos, I thought this is the right place.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!