Timeshift skip back and ff configuration

• HI,
    I'm struggling to configure VDR ANSI on latest OpenElec. It is working fine, but I would like to have some more customization to fit my ideas, if possible.

1) for timsehiftig I only use skip back and ff xx seconds (never rewind or forward). Can VDR be configured (remote mapping) that if I press left or right buttons on remote in fullscreen live tv playback that it skips xx seconds back or ff? Like to skip 15, 30, 60, etc seconds back?

2) Is it possible to adjust the time of skip in seconds in incremental way? That is, first pressing back skips 15 seconds back, second pressing 30 seconds, third pressing 3 minutes, or anything like this?

3) one more question, not related to timeshiftin: in a single seat client/server configuration can I schedule a recording, put my htpc to sleep or hibernate and will VDR resume HTPC for recording?

Many thanks!

Server: Atom 330, 2GB RAM, 2x2TB HD, 160GB 2.5" system drive, DVBSky S960 USB DVB-S2, picoPSU 120W, Ubuntu Server Trusty, VDR 2.2.0 + Live, streamdev, epgfixer, epgsearch, restfulapi, vnsi-server
    HTPC1: ASRock 330 ION, 2GB RAM, 32GB 1,8" SSD, Chieftec IX-03B + picoPSU 90W, Kaze Slim 100mm cooler, OE 5.95.4 DualAudio Build + VDR vnsi-client
    Clients: notebook, netbook, desktop, Pi2, WP
    Harmony 515 Remote, Panasonic 42" Plasma, Sony STR-DE 585 5.1 DTS, 78 Triax + Inverto Black LNB + Powertech S380

• HI,
    I'm struggling to configure VDR ANSI on latest OpenElec.

What do you mean with VDR ANSI?

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• What do you mean with VDR ANSI?

Gerald

Vermutlich VNSI

- Client1: Thermaltake DH 102 mit 7" TouchTFT * Debian Stretch/vdr-2.4.0/graphtft/MainMenuHooks-Patch * Zotac H55-ITX WiFi * Core i3 540 * 4GB RAM ** Zotac GT630 * 1 TB System HDD * 4 GB RAM * Harmony 900 * satip-Plugin

- Client2: Alfawise H96 Pro Plus * KODI
    - Server: Intel Pentium G3220 * DH87RL * 16GB RAM * 4x4TB 3.5" WD RED + 1x500GB 2.5" * satip-Plugin
    - SAT>IP: Inverto iLNB

• Vermutlich VNSI

If you really mean VNSI then you are wrong here. The VNSI plugin is maintained by Opdenkamp. He is a XBMC developer.
    Ask in the XBMC forum.

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• Sorry, a typo from my side, I wanted to say VDR VNSI. But you have already figured this out:)

I believe this is the best way to use VDR with XMBC/Kodi.

I know the plugin is maintained by XBMC team, but in case of VDR, can you help me regarding the questions I asked?

Server: Atom 330, 2GB RAM, 2x2TB HD, 160GB 2.5" system drive, DVBSky S960 USB DVB-S2, picoPSU 120W, Ubuntu Server Trusty, VDR 2.2.0 + Live, streamdev, epgfixer, epgsearch, restfulapi, vnsi-server
    HTPC1: ASRock 330 ION, 2GB RAM, 32GB 1,8" SSD, Chieftec IX-03B + picoPSU 90W, Kaze Slim 100mm cooler, OE 5.95.4 DualAudio Build + VDR vnsi-client
    Harmony 515 Remote, Panasonic 42" Plasma, Sony STR-DE 585 5.1 DTS, 78 Triax + Inverto Black LNB + Powertech S380

• Some update on the situation, still I need your help!

Now I have a system with Arch Linux and VDR, and it is working very nice and stable. I'm still learning the how to, but it is very nice!

One thing I miss a lot is timeshift, skip back and forward xx second. Is it possible somehow? With a VDR Permashift plugin, or maybe VDR has this inbuilt?
    I would like to have this so much, as per the following scenario:

Watching livetv. I decide to skip let's say 30 seconds back. I press a button on my remote (let's say back arrow) and it jumps back in the buffer 30 seconds. Press again, jumps back 30 seconds, and until the buffer is full, that is, configured, let's say 20 minutes of Livetv that is constantly buffered.
    is this possible, and if yes, how?

Many thanks!

• The permashift plugin should do what you want, but the vdr needs a patch for it to work.
    If you use a nearly unpatched vdr, there shouldn't be any problem applying it.

Lars.

• The permashift plugin should do what you want, but the vdr needs a patch for it to work.
    If you use a nearly unpatched vdr, there shouldn't be any problem applying it.

Lars.

Many thanks! This looks promising. Will see and report back.

BTW, strange that this very basic function is not implemented in VDR.

• VDR is a "recorder". :)
    Since the moment, I installed my first vdr, I give up watching live tv - I don't need it anymore. Whatever I want to see, I record it and watch it later skipping the commercials etc.

Lars.

• BTW, strange that this very basic function is not implemented in VDR.

When I was new to VDR and wondered the same,
    I was told that those who want it are not able to implement it
    and those that were able don't want it... :)

Ciao,
    Eike

• VDR is a "recorder". :)
    Since the moment, I installed my first vdr, I give up watching live tv - I don't need it anymore. Whatever I want to see, I record it and watch it later skipping the commercials etc.

Lars.

Can't argue with that:) Not that I wanted to argue anyway.
    I need live tv a lot, and most of the time I watch sport, documentaries and news. I need proper timeshifting very much, so its a must have for me:)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!