[solved] How to start application from within yavdr? (/usr/share/vdr/menuorg-appswitcher)

• Hi,

The new version of XBMC will be named kodi. In the meantime, the development version has already adapted the path and the name of the binary from xbmc to kodi. Thus, the infrastructure to start XBMC that is available currently in yavdr does not start kodi, because of the name change of the binary. I suppose that we can consider kodi as a new application, we want to start from within yavdr.

Here is what I did to get kodi started from a menu in vdr:

1) I created the kodi menu with custom templates . (I did not override the current XBMC menu because I want to see when the yavdr team is going to replace it with kodi.) Thus, I created the following files and content:

/etc/yavdr/templates_custom/var/lib/vdr/plugins/menuorg.xml/30_06_kodi

Code
    <command name="kodi" execute="/usr/share/vdr/menuorg-appswitcher standalone=yes app=kodi &amp;> /dev/null " />

/etc/yavdr/templates_custom/var/lib/vdr/plugins/menuorg.xml/30_07_kodi_small

Code
    <?cs if:vdr.plugin.graphtft.enabled == "1" ?>   	<command name=<?cs call:quote(_("kodi on graphtft Display")) ?> execute="/usr/share/vdr/menuorg-appswitcher standalone=yes app=kodi display=1.1 &amp;> /dev/null " /> <?cs /if ?>

To have the templates applied to vdr, I simply reinstalled yavdr-utils. (The link above about custom templates, explains how to apply single templates. )

2) However, for kodi to be able to start up, I had to create appropriate configuration files in /etc/init:

To make it simple, I copied the conf files that were available for xbmc in /etc/init, by using kodi in the named and adapting its content. I will attach them to this post. This is also the reason, why I am writing this: kodi did not start, until I discovered the need of the configuration files, to start kodi in the appropriate environment.

3) Finally, in the particular case of the migration from XBMC to Kodi, you may want to keep the XBMC settings. For this, you have to copy the settings folder and give it 666:666 as user and group, as vdr runs as the user 666 in yavdr.

Code
    sudo cp -Rv '/var/lib/vdr/.xbmc' '/var/lib/vdr/.kodi'
    sudo chown -Rv 666:666 /var/lib/vdr/.kodi

Hoping to have been helpful. (Please, be aware that I am not a developer and that these explanations might contain errors.)

Cheers

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!