Satellite rotor/motor configuration

• One problem is, if I'm correct, the source is in German? My German is unfortunately very basic, and the other problem is, my maths skills are extremely poor

Yes, something like that. Even my native language is not German. Still, it was an attempt worth. ;)

Albert

• Had some time to play with OE and VDR VNSI. I managed to configure everything, but only for a single satellite. If I try Usals, it would overwrite the memory positions in my rotor and would not work with my Media Portal setup anymore (not USALS).
    Anyway, I still need to find some way to customize VDR (timesifting, channel groups, etc). Then I can move to VDR as I find it very good and stable.
    Once I have everything configured the way I like, I will move to OE+VDR and will use USALS too.

Server: Atom 330, 2GB RAM, 2x2TB HD, 160GB 2.5" system drive, DVBSky S960 USB DVB-S2, picoPSU 120W, Ubuntu Server Trusty, VDR 2.2.0 + Live, streamdev, epgfixer, epgsearch, restfulapi, vnsi-server
    HTPC1: ASRock 330 ION, 2GB RAM, 32GB 1,8" SSD, Chieftec IX-03B + picoPSU 90W, Kaze Slim 100mm cooler, OE 5.95.4 DualAudio Build + VDR vnsi-client
    Clients: notebook, netbook, desktop, Pi2, WP
    Harmony 515 Remote, Panasonic 42" Plasma, Sony STR-DE 585 5.1 DTS, 78 Triax + Inverto Black LNB + Powertech S380

• Bumping up this thread, as I already covered a long road since then. Now I'm fully on Linux and I just can't believe I ever used Windows.

Anyway, a question regarding a setup with USALS rotor and EPG scanning: if I have 4-5 satellites configured, will VDR move the dish when idle on a given interval to scan for EPG data on each satellites or it will grab and update EPG only when I switch to that satellite?

I would like to prevent constant movement of the dish because of EPG grabbing.

Thanks!

Server: Atom 330, 2GB RAM, 2x2TB HD, 160GB 2.5" system drive, DVBSky S960 USB DVB-S2, picoPSU 120W, Ubuntu Server Trusty, VDR 2.2.0 + Live, streamdev, epgfixer, epgsearch, restfulapi, vnsi-server
    HTPC1: ASRock 330 ION, 2GB RAM, 32GB 1,8" SSD, Chieftec IX-03B + picoPSU 90W, Kaze Slim 100mm cooler, OE 5.95.4 DualAudio Build + VDR vnsi-client
    Clients: notebook, netbook, desktop, Pi2, WP
    Harmony 515 Remote, Panasonic 42" Plasma, Sony STR-DE 585 5.1 DTS, 78 Triax + Inverto Black LNB + Powertech S380

• How do we make the setup of diseqc when we use 2 tuners (cards)

When i use 1 tuner my setup works good.

I have a 1.2m dish with actuator, quad lnb and Moteck v-box II with configured sat positions.

In the menu of diseqc you can configure both DVB tuners with the following parameters for cable connection: own, 1, 2
    I know tuner 2 uses the vbox, should i set on tuner 2 the option own and on tuner 1 the option uses cable 2, cable with v-box connected to tuner2?
    Have it steerable, but it bounces back with 2 tuners to the previous sat position , maybe because diseqc also uses the 2nd tuner which could have a lock on the previous channel.

Feb 7 21:38:44 vdr vdr: [3077] moving positioner to position 3, longitude 235
    Feb 7 21:38:44 vdr vdr: [3077] frontend 0/0 lost lock on channel 98 (BBC Two HD), tp 210847
    Feb 7 21:38:44 vdr vdr: [3081] frontend 1/0 regained lock on channel 1 (NPO1 HD), tp 112187
    Feb 7 21:38:46 vdr vdr: [3077] frontend 0/0 timed out while tuning to channel 98 (BBC Two HD), tp 210847
    Feb 7 21:38:46 vdr vdr: [3077] moving positioner to position 4, longitude 282
    Feb 7 21:38:48 vdr vdr: [3081] frontend 1/0 lost lock on channel 1 (NPO1 HD), tp 112187
    Feb 7 21:38:50 vdr vdr: [3077] frontend 0/0 regained lock on channel 98 (BBC Two HD), tp 210847

Positions stored in v-box and set in diseqc.conf

Is there an option to use only the tuner with disqc.conf which is connected to the v-box.

Any thoughts would be appreciated,

Regards,

Johan

• Hi all,

Have solved the problem with bouncing back to the previous sat postion.

The following lines in diseqc.conf example helped me with it:

# A line containing space separated integer numbers, terminated with a ':',
    # defines that any following DiSEqC sequences apply only to the given list
    # of device numbers.

Meanwhile have changed the v-box to tuner 1 instead of tuner 2, which result in a diseqc.conf with all used sat positions to tuner 1 and tuner 2 to the not available sat position.

Regards,

Johan

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!