vdr-plugin-satip on DSI-400 and clones

• micclass, your patch is working great for me as well :tup
    No filter active, and there are zero artifacts in recordings and live stream. Encrypted channels are working also :D

abydos, in my setup i have to change the value to at least 2000 to get it working. Really strange that it works for you with 250 ?(

VDR1: yaVDR 0.5 - Zotac H67 Wifi Supreme - Digital Devices DuoFlex S2
    VDR2: yaVDR 0.5 / Openelec 3.0.2 - Zotac Zbox HD-ID33

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ullek ()

• Hello,

I have rewritten the patch for the addpis/delpids logic to be a bit less of a hack (still would win noting in a "beautiful C++"-contest ;) ) This is what I am running now. I can use the PAT filter without corruptions in recordings. I do not have experience with encrypted channels. But I still do see some "ERROR: video data stream broken" messages including a restart of vdr in some cases. I will try to further investigate into this. Unfortunately I will have little time in the next 2-3 weeks due to work related things.

Cheers,
    Michael

*update* Sorry I was just seeing that there is version 0.2.3 of the satip plugin since a couple of days. I have based this on 0.2.2. Willl change it to 0.2.3. BUt this neeeds a few changes and test.

• But I still do see some "ERROR: video data stream broken" messages including a restart of vdr in some cases. I will try to further investigate into this.

I would suspect, you see this in case of timers where VDR is grabbing one of the the other tuners in background to record this.

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

• Attached is the patch against satip-0.2.3. This again is a bit of a hackery as in 0.2.3 pidsM is still needed, so that I had to maintain the list of active pids (in pidsM from original code) and the two lists of pids to be added/deleted (pidsAddM/pidsDelM) which I do use to compute the addpids/delpids arguments.

But the good news is, that with this version I have yet to see the vdr restarts due to video stream timeouts. So it's either fixed or at least less frequent.

Cheers,
    Michael

• Zitat

What's the reasoning behind the 700ms pid update interval?

A leftover from testing. I will re-test with the original 100ms. O.k. after a quick test, it seems to be behaving the same with the original 100ms.

Cheers,
    Michael

• Could somebody point me in the right direction, please?
    I have a DSI-400 as well. My test environment is a virtual machine set up in KVM with YaVDR 0.5 and satip 0.3 plugin.

Sometimes when I switch to a channel, I can see 'ERROR: curl_easy_perform() [tuner.c,463] failed: RTSP session error (86)' (not sure about the line number in tuner.c because I'm in the office right now).

I got libcurl from the offical homepage, but I think it did not get installed correct. Is there a PPA to install from?

• MajestyIV

Since the situation with curl is a bit odd for precise && trusty, I decided to backport the original Debian jessie package "curl 7.36.0-1" into "ppa:fnu/main-fnu". A first test under trusty seemed to be ok, so you could try the needed deb's from here.

All "vdr-plugin-satip" packages need to be rebuild (localy) due this change ... and also "vdr-plugin-iptv" (!) ...

Regards
    fnu

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• I tried your ppa and rebuild the satip plugin. That did not change anything.

If you did use one of the "*-vdr-fnu" + "main-fnu", there shouldn't be a need to rebuild packages. I mentioned that for the case you may take Curl 7.36.0 into a yaVDR installation or so.

But I guess it'll appear anyways in yaVDR PPAs pretty soon, to nail that issue for precise and trusty ... ;)

Regards
    fnu

• This might help for your session problems:

• Hi I also own a dsi 400 and I´m running the latest VDR from FNU´ s repo (ppa:fnu/testing-vdr-fnu and ppa:fnu/main-fnu => vdr 2.1.6 with satip plugin 0.3.1) on ubuntu server 12.04 (precise, 64bit

First of all : YOU HERE AT VDR-PORTAL HAVE DONE A GREAT JOB SO FAR ! and the SATIP Plugin (especially with n cheap 4 tuner device like DSI400) could be a big chance to buildup cheap vdr based multi-tuner environments !

I have installed vdr plugins these for testing my dsi400 in connection with vdr/SATIP :

- satip ;)
    - live
    - streamdev-server

It is working to "stream" via streamdev, port 3000 (by vlc via m3u playlist from streamdev) so far...except some "errors" which are already mentioned in this thread (PID Filtering, "broken" recordings etc.). Channel switching (via in vlc) is nearly as fast as it is with an internal tuner !!

My question is :
    As far as I know the errors shouldnt be gone since version 0.2 of the plugin. Because I´m using satip version 0.3.1 from ppa:fnu , where the "patches" are already included it should work without "errors" ?
    Or am I wrong and I should compile satip on my own (and try to include the patches from this thread "by hand" ?). If there is any already compiled/patched version it would be helpful to give me a hint where i can find it..

By the way DVBAPI doesnt get a DVBAPI Version at start of the plugin (even if in setup.conf therefore dvbapi.network is set etc.). Maybe this has something to do with PID´´s/PMT you can get from DSI400 after request vdr satip plugin...?

I´m just a little bit confused concerning the code base which was mentionend in this thread...

If you someone could point me into the right direction and l will do my best to give feedback here what is the result of my testings on my side...more testers more feedback more quality

kind regards
    arel

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!