vdr as SAT>IP server?

• Hi,

A question to the ones knowing more about SAT>IP than me:

What would be necessary to build a vdr plugin or system daemon to provide the installed DVB cards to SAT>IP clients on the network?
    Are there already libs/programs out there which can be used for such a setup?

It would be the counterpart of vdr-plugin-satip like streamdev-client/-server and you can provide the already present DVB cards to new SAT>IP clients like set-top-boxes or the like.

Lars.

• What would be necessary to build a vdr plugin or system daemon to provide the installed DVB cards to SAT>IP clients on the network?

As far as I understand you need UPNP/DLNA to advertise your server and it's devices.

I already asked "schmirl" regarding this topic, as he answered if somebody might take the UPNP/DLNA job, he would change vdr-plugin-streamdev accordingly.

UPNP must not be solved within a vdr plugin, it may be solved by a proper configured MediaTomb or so, just like "gigasan" proposed it a couple of years ago to use a PS3 as VDR client ... but this is stuff for a new (long) thread here in vdr-portal, I guess ... :)

Since you're Mod, just split these two posts into a new thread with proper subject ... 8)

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• This thread has been separated as asked for, so, just to remind that discussion a *push*

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• Most of the Linux UPNP applications and servers use libupnp which provides a relatively easy to handle API to implement own applications. I personally implemented a UPNP control point using this library.
    I think it should be straightforward to use this API compared to other possible approaches.

• Are there any news to this topic? Any out-of-the-box implementation envisaged?

• In principal the streaming protocoll seams not to be very fancy. Is is not a full blown DLNA either. It is more like UPnP for Discovery and Service describtion:

See here:
    http://www.satip.info/sites/sa…ification_version_1_2.pdf

Server (productive): Intel DN2800MT, 2GB memory, 2 TB (Data) + 60 GB (System), Quad Receiver DVB-S2 TBS 6984, Hauppauge Nova-TD USB for Dual DVB-T, running Debian
    6.06 and VDR 1.7.28 (to be replaced soon w/ testing equipment)
    Server (testing): Biostar N3050NH, 4 GB memory w/ FlexPSU, 3 TB (Data) + 120 GB (System), Digitial Devices DuoFlex S2, Ubuntu 15.10 (later: also Duflex C/T)

1x Client: Zotac E-350 OpenELEC-Image
    2x Client: Intel NUC, OpenELEC-Image
    [b]1x Client (testing):
    Windows 7
    Ausrangiert: MediaMVP Hauppauge (thru VDR + VOMP)

Read my blog on http://www.receiverbox.de

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!