[vdr-plugin-satip] this and that

• rofafor:
    In order to see if vtuner/satip-client has the same problems could you shortly explain what problems the Inverto-based receivers have and what "quirks" you use to come around these problems?

Thanks,
    Darkstar.

Hardware: Seagate Dockstar@1500MHz, GSS Box DSI 400 SAT>IP Server, VDR 2.1.6 mit Streamdev-Server
    Videoausgabe: RaspberryPi mit MLD-4.0.1-RPi an LG 42LM660

• In order to see if vtuner/satip-client has the same problems could you shortly explain what problems the Inverto-based receivers have and what "quirks" you use to come around these problems?

Nothing related to vTuner I guess. My plugin is using libcurl for RTSP communication and therefore it detects communication errors when Inverto devices strips the leading zeros out of session ids: the leading zeroes are returned only in SETUP responses but cannot be used in any further commands.

• Hi,

if the satip Plugin is activated, i can find issuses like this in the Log:

Code
    Jan 25 07:49:34 [vdr] [6360] ERROR: can't set filter (pid=65535, tid=02, mask=FF): Das Argument ist ungültig
    Jan 25 07:49:34 [kernel] DVB (dvb_dmxdev_filter_start): could not set feed
    Jan 25 07:49:34 [kernel] dvb_demux_feed_del: feed not in list (type=1 state=0 pid=ffff)

Can someone explain me, what this Messages mean?

• I couldn't find that error here. Maybe server specific?

- Client1: Thermaltake DH 102 mit 7" TouchTFT * Debian Stretch/vdr-2.4.0/graphtft/MainMenuHooks-Patch * Zotac H55-ITX WiFi * Core i3 540 * 4GB RAM ** Zotac GT630 * 1 TB System HDD * 4 GB RAM * Harmony 900 * satip-Plugin

- Client2: Alfawise H96 Pro Plus * KODI
    - Server: Intel Pentium G3220 * DH87RL * 16GB RAM * 4x4TB 3.5" WD RED + 1x500GB 2.5" * satip-Plugin
    - SAT>IP: Inverto iLNB

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von TheChief ()

• Nicht mit satip. Den o.g. Fehler habe ich gefunden und behoben. ;)

I am also intrested in how to fix it. Currently i "swatch" the logs and unattach, unload the device/driver and reload/attach it. Waorks but not the best way

DVB Server Triax TSS400 SAT>IP Server
    VDR Server Synlogy Diskstation DS214play, debian chroot headless streaming Sever, VDR 2.1.7 mit vtuner/satip und vdr-plugin-satip
    VDR Client AMD X2 250, 4GB DDR3, G210 Passiv, 64GB SSD, Antec Fusion Micro iMON, Samsung LE 40 A659, Teufel E300, Logitech Harmony, yaVDR0.5 streamdev-client, (satip & USB DVBSKY S960 fallback)
    VDR Client Raspberry PI B+, raspian wheezy, VDR 2.1.6 mit RpiHDDevice, streamdev-client
    V/A Clients Windows PC's, Tablet, Smartphones via Streamdev or SatIP (UPNP)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von bolzerrr ()

• Zitat von »3PO«
    Nicht mit satip. Den o.g. Fehler habe ich gefunden und behoben.

3PO: Could you please explain how to fix the problem without satip?

HD DVB-C System / Ubuntu 14.04 x64 / Kernel 3.13.0-48 x64; VDR 2.2.x; VDRadmin 3.6.10 / ACPI Wakeup

SoftHD-Device GIT / Vdpau / Nvidia 337.25

ASUS AT5IONT-I; Atom D525; 4GB; Nvidia GT218; 1x DD Cine C/T v6; 1x DD DuoFlex C/T v2; (20~40 Watt)

• :modon
    9000H, 3PO, TheChief, bolzerrr, Scorp

With respect to to the author of vdr-plugin-satip this thread has to keep in english language. Please correct your posts accordingly.

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• First of all, please excuse me for going somewhat off-topic here, but I really got lost now and I'm sure you will be able to help me.

I have VDR backend fully working with a single DVB-S2 and single DVB-T2 tuner. I need only one channel at once from each devices.
    I'm not sure if SATIP plugin is the one I'm looking for. I would like to create ip streams out of my DVB-T device's reception. Is it possible with this plugin or I need to look elsewhere (if yes, then where)? I would like to access the ip stream of the dvb-t device on my local LAN and Internet when I'm not at home.
    There are 4 muxes on DVB-t, I would need them all, but only one mux at a time, so no need to have 4 tuners I guess.

Thanks!

Server: Atom 330, 2GB RAM, 2x2TB HD, 160GB 2.5" system drive, DVBSky S960 USB DVB-S2, picoPSU 120W, Ubuntu Server Trusty, VDR 2.2.0 + Live, streamdev, epgfixer, epgsearch, restfulapi, vnsi-server
    HTPC1: ASRock 330 ION, 2GB RAM, 32GB 1,8" SSD, Chieftec IX-03B + picoPSU 90W, Kaze Slim 100mm cooler, OE 5.95.4 DualAudio Build + VDR vnsi-client
    Clients: notebook, netbook, desktop, Pi2, WP
    Harmony 515 Remote, Panasonic 42" Plasma, Sony STR-DE 585 5.1 DTS, 78 Triax + Inverto Black LNB + Powertech S380

• What you want is a SAT>IP server?

Take a look at minisatip:
    https://github.com/catalinii/minisatip

Yes, this was not clear to me, that satip plugin is for RECEIVING ip streams or it can create IP stream out of dvb source.

Basically yes, I need a server, and minisatip look something like that, thank you!
    However, it seams that I will be better with streamdev server, then I will have reencode possibility too for over the WAN with EXT. Just to get a good externremux.sh config.

One more question: if you have a dvb-s tuner, why would you need IP streams in your local lan, what is the benefit of it over direct DVB-S device?

Server: Atom 330, 2GB RAM, 2x2TB HD, 160GB 2.5" system drive, DVBSky S960 USB DVB-S2, picoPSU 120W, Ubuntu Server Trusty, VDR 2.2.0 + Live, streamdev, epgfixer, epgsearch, restfulapi, vnsi-server
    HTPC1: ASRock 330 ION, 2GB RAM, 32GB 1,8" SSD, Chieftec IX-03B + picoPSU 90W, Kaze Slim 100mm cooler, OE 5.95.4 DualAudio Build + VDR vnsi-client
    Clients: notebook, netbook, desktop, Pi2, WP
    Harmony 515 Remote, Panasonic 42" Plasma, Sony STR-DE 585 5.1 DTS, 78 Triax + Inverto Black LNB + Powertech S380

• gurabli
    If you have dvb-s tuner you need no satip but you can use this with more clients in your network. (iPad, VDR, etc.) and you need no satellite connection for this clients.

Gruß
    Frodo

• Hello,

my log is getting quite crowded:

I can watch channels without problems. The only problem is the log. What could be the reason for this "verbosity"?

Greetings,
    Hendrik

• Does anyone have some sample configs for sources.conf in the following scenarios:

1. single tuner device, multiple satellite positions
    2. multiple tuner devices, multiple satellite positions

The README says "SAT>IP satellite positions (aka. signal sources) shall be defined via sources.conf. If the source description begins with a number, it's used as SAT>IP signal source selection parameter." But does this also imply some dedicated binding of a specific tuner device to a signal source?

I have an OctopusNet with 4 DVB-S2 tuners, connected to a multiswitch which has access to Astra 1 and Eutelsat Hotbird. I have one vdr server running on a NAS which is supposed to handle all recordings/timers and two "front end" vdr's attached to TVs. Since I cannot exclude the situation where all devices are being used at the same time I assign the number of tuners to be used by vdr (two tuners for the server, one tuner each for the clients).

On the front ends I currently use the following sources.conf which seems to work fine (despite having only one tuner):

Code
    S19.2E    2 Astra 1H/1KR/1L/1M/2C
    S13.0E    1 Eutelsat Hot Bird 13B/13C/13D

When using the same config on the server (with two tuners), I cannot do parallel recordings on the same satellite position anymore, it looks like the tuners are bound to their specific source.

• Hallo

My situation and questions are somehow similar. A big difference is that with my configuration the satip does not work at all.

satip Readme:

"SAT>IP satellite positions (aka. signal sources) shall be defined via sources.conf."

I (low IQ & high age) concluded:

Source ==> source characteristics

assigned frontend(s)

signal sources ==> diseqc-switch position (e.g. Position B, Option B)

My example:

- VDR with mixed configuration

- DVB-C (3)

- satip-plugin + DVBS-4 octopus

Binding sources to the ipsat-DVB-S2 tuners I configured diseqc.conf:

Switching the corresponding diseqc's I configured sources.conf:

Code
     S9.0E  2 Eurobird 9
    S19.2E  1 Astra F/G/H/KR/L
    S13.0E  2 Hotbird 6/7A/8
    S28.2E  4 Astra 2D/A/B

I fear (literally translating) I am on the wrong steamer...

Some help would be highly aprecieated.

SpaghettiCoder

Code
  • Those entries define the source type of the signal, not the frontend.

That syntax means something like "

If somebody wants to tune to S19.2E, the satip plugin should send a 'src=1' to the SAT>IP server.

If somebody wants to tune to S9.0E, the satip plugin should send a 'src=2' to the SAT>IP server."

That number is eqiv. to a diseqc switch or similar. It doesnt relate to the question 'how much tuners are able to tune S19.2E'.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!