VDR developer version 2.1.2 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive environment, I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled conditions and for testing and debugging.
The changes since version 2.1.1:
- Updated the Finnish OSD texts (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Fixed displaying DVB subtitles (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg for helping to debug and
understand subtitle page refreshes):
+ Fixed handling DVB subtitle fill region codes for 2 and 8 bpp.
+ Fixed handling pages without an explicit END_OF_DISPLAY_SET_SEGMENT.
The FINISHPAGE_HACK is no longer necessary.
+ Fixed handling "page refreshes". The data is now parsed and stored closer to the
DVB standard specs, introducing "object refs" and "region refs".
+ The debug output now goes into an HTML file named dbg-log.htm and shows the actual
bitmaps (dbg-nnn.jpg) used to display the subtitles. That way it is much easier to
see what's actually going on.
+ Fixed handling subtitles encoded as a string of characters (the very first
character was always skipped).
- Fixed wrong initialization of Setup.PositionerSwing (reported by Arthur Konovalov).
- Updated the Estonian OSD texts (thanks to Arthur Konovalov).
- Fixed cleaning up old EPG events in case no epg data file is given (reported by
- Unified the internal sequence of actions when pressing the Blue and the Back key,
respectively, during replay (reported by Thomas Maass).
- The Yellow button in the main menu no longer acts as "Pause" if "Pause key handling"
is set to "do not pause live video" (suggested by Ulf Kiener).
- The code for distributing recordings over several video directories has been
removed. VDR now by default assumes that the video directory is one big disk.
If you absolutely need to use several separate disks to store recordings, you can
write a plugin that uses the new cVideoDirectory API to implement the necessary
functionality (see PLUGINS.html, section "The video directory"). You can copy the
respective code from previous versions of videodir.c.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you write a plugin that implements a distributed video directory,
=============== be sure to make cVideoDirectory::Rename() follow symbolic links!
This functionality was never implemented in VDR and it therefore
used a workaround in cutter.c. See the section marked with
// XXX this can be removed once RenameVideoFile() follows symlinks
in previous versions of cutter.c.
+ CloseVideoFile() is obsolete and has been removed.
+ The functions OpenVideoFile(), RenameVideoFile(), RemoveVideoFile(), VideoFileSpaceAvailable(),
VideoDiskSpace(), RemoveEmptyVideoDirectories(), IsOnVideoDirectoryFileSystem() and
PrefixVideoFileName() are now static members of cVideoDirectory and need to be called
with the proper prefix.
+ The name of the video directory is now available through cVideoDirectory::Name().
- Added renaming and moving recordings and folders, editing a recording's priority and
lifetime, and queueing cutting jobs (inspired by the "extrecmenu" plugin from Martin
+ The "Recording info" menu now has a new Blue button named "Edit", which opens a
dialog in which several properties of the selected recording can be changed. It can
be renamed or moved into another folder and its priority and lifetime can be
modified (inspired by the "extrecmenu" plugin from Martin Prochnow).
The new blue "Edit" button in the "Recordings" menu opens a dialog in which a folder
can be renamed or moved. See MANUAL, section "Managing folders".
+ In the "Edit recording" menu the Yellow button ("Delete marks") allows you to delete
all editing marks of the selected recording.
+ cCutter is no longer a static class. Cutting requests should now be invoked by
calling RecordingsHandler.Add(ruCut, FileName). See the new cRecordingsHandler
class in recording.h.
+ Cutting jobs are now placed in a queue (together with any move or copy jobs) and
are processed one by one.
+ The new SVDRP command RENR can be used to rename a recording (suggested by Rolf
+ Note that in several places in the source code a "copy" operation is mentioned,
however there is no user interface for this, yet.
- Changed some variable names in positioner.c to match the names used in the page with
the explanation on vdr-portal.de.
- Updated the Italian OSD texts (thanks to Diego Pierotto).
- Fixed writing group separators to channels.conf that contain a comma (reported by
- Now also checking the source (in addition to the transponder) when setting the
system time from the TDT, which avoids problems in case devices are tuned to the
same transponder on different sources, and these broadcast different time data
(reported by Torsten Lang).
- Changed cRecorder::Action() to use cTimeMs instead of time() to avoid problems with
unjustified "video data stream broken" errors in case the system time is changed
while a recording is active (reported by Torsten Lang).
- Revised the section on "Learning the remote control keys" in the INSTALL file to
avoid the impression that there actually is a default remote.conf file, and to
not use any alphabetic keys for special functions, so that they remain available
for textual input.
- The function cRecordings::MBperMinute() now only takes into account recordings with
less than 5 seconds per megabyte, in an attempt to filter out radio recordings
(thanks to Harald Koenig). The result of this function was way off any realistic
value in case there are many radio recordings in the video directory.
- Added maximum signal strength value for TechniSat SkyStar 2 DVB-S rev 2.3P (thanks
to Guido Cordaro).
- Fixed an inconsistent behavior between opening the Recordings menu manually via the
main menu and by pressing the Recordings key. In the latter case it automatically
opened all sub folders to position the cursor to the last replayed recording, which
is unexpected at this point (reported by Helmut Auer). You can still navigate to
the last replayed recording (if any) by pressing Ok repeatedly in the Recordings
On 19.10.2013 12:32, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> VDR developer version 2.1.2 is now available at
> A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
Sorry, I forgot to increase the APIVERSION.
There's now a fixed version under the same file names.
Danke an Klaus und alle anderen Beitragenden für die neue Version und die Mühen!
Eine Cutter-Queue, ich sag nur ... ...