Aufnahme als ungesehen markieren

• How about a patch like this and leave IsNew() as it is.
    This would rewind just after the beginning.

Sure. I can live with that one - although I don't personally find it intuitive, that an already watched recording will become a new one, if someone watches less than 10 seconds it afterwards. Despite that, I've updated my patches (resumereset & varasajanauloja) with a slightly different implementation than in your solution.

• Sure. I can live with that one - although I don't personally find it intuitive, that an already watched recording will become a new one, if someone watches less than 10 seconds it afterwards.

I don't see problems with that because this is a rather theoretical case.

Zitat

Despite that, I've updated my patches (resumereset & varasajanauloja) with a slightly different implementation than in your solution.

Thanks for implementing this. I had to search a bit for the difference. :rolleyes:

By the way why do you rewind seen recordings, when you can always play recordings from the beginning with GREEN?

Bye Frank

• I don't see problems with that because this is a rather theoretical case.

I do agree with rofafor in that case, it's an arbitrary behavior and for me also not consistent. But it's that "use case" Olmimoe did insist for here, from a practical view of point, not theoretical and as you can see a "faulty" behavior did become a "feature" ... ^^

By the way why do you rewind seen recordings, when you can always play recordings from the beginning with GREEN?

It is somewhat stupid just to play the last few frames again of a already seen recording, means you see something for a fragment of a second and it stops again. This cool patch does only rewind completely seen recordings, which I do find a very natural way of watching in the meantime.

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• It is somewhat stupid just to play the last few frames again of a already seen recording, means you see something for a fragment of a second and it stops again.

Yeah, full ack. That's rather annoying and on the hand I'm pretty sure everyone with small kids will really love this feature. I found it much easier to teach the kids always use the 'ok' button for replays than trying to explain when to press 'green' or 'ok'. It usually end up daddy trying to find out the correct resume point when the resume point were reset accidentally. Most of my patches are usually made just to ease up my life. ;)

• Das ist so ein klassischer (Groß)eltern-Patch für Leute, die keine Softkeys verstehen können :)

Yeah, full ack. That's rather annoying and on the hand I'm pretty sure everyone with small kids will really love this feature. I found it much easier to teach the kids always use the 'ok' button for replays than trying to explain when to press 'green' or 'ok'. It usually end up daddy trying to find out the correct resume point when the resume point were reset accidentally. Most of my patches are usually made just to ease up my life. ;)

I understand, so it's a grand parents and small childrens patch. ;D

My girls are already 12 and 14 and had no problems with the difference between OK and GREEN. They now had problems to reset recordings to unseen after they zappt into them for some seconds/minutes to see what the film is like.

I can live with the patch now. But perhaps you should have changed the behaviour of the OK button and not the EXIT button. When resuming a recording on or after the last mark, simply jump to the first mark or the beginning of the recording. I think this is what you wanted to achieve and this way it has no side effects. This could be done as an extension of the Jumpplay-Patch which is covering similar things but is configurable.

Bye Frank

• I understand, so it's a grand parents and small childrens patch. ;D

Well, obviously babies and grannys are able to press the "info" button on the remote control and do consistent delete "resume" ... :ausheck

Deleting "resume" due short playing of recordings was "a workaround", not any wanted function. Whereas there's no appropriate function to delete it in plain VDR, "vasarajanauloja" does provide a solid solution for that.

Regards
    fnu

• I wnat to come back to this discussion as I do not see a real solution (which is helpful for normal users) on time.

I agree with all your arguments from the developers view. But from my perspective the old behavior is a fantastic "feature". I or any other member of my family can have a short look into the recording to decide if it´s worth to keep, cut or view it. If already cutted, I have the possibility to have a look, decide to look it another time and make it become new (or unseen). It´s easy to use (my daughter is using that since she´s 5 years old) and very helpful.

The "solid solution" fnu talked about did have three disadvantages comparing to the old behavior:

• I don´t know how to works on my existing files (delete all the resume-files from my video-folder as in the passt few years I collected a big amount of recordings)

• The solution didn´t works within extrecmenu (if I understand)

• The solution isn´t very comfortabe as it needs many steps (changing recordings menu to the original one, select recording, press info, go down to delete resume mark, press OK and confirm with OK)

I believe this is a much more complicated use and bigger loss of comfort as to view the last 10 seconds from a always viewed recording. Further on I think my daughter don´t do this as it is to much effort (greetings from puberty).

So, from my point of view this unwanted behavior is a wonderful and worthy feature within VDR.

So, all of theese are my personal meanings and problems but I bet there are many ohter users who wants to agree with (I hope so).

If anyone has a users compatible solution to keep this feature, I would kiss his feets...

• The solution didn´t works within extrecmenu (if I understand)

Yes, obviously, as it seems also quite a shortsighted decision to provide "extrecmenu" together with rofafor's "vasarajanauloja" as default setting in a VDR distro, as they provide some similar functionality.

But on the other hand this is a decision made by the yaVDR team and nobody has been urged to use it with it's current settings. The root cause for yaVDR has been a distro for the team itself, which can be used by others as it is ... I'm unsure if it's still valid ...

"liemikuutio" or it's follow on "vasarajanauloja" has been ever on board of the yaVDR package. Both do offer similar addons to plain VDR, the only real difference is the "reset-resume" patch in newer packages, which I e.g. really like to have.

Regards
    fnu

• Oh, please don´t missunderstand my post. I´m much more thankful for this fabulous distro as my posting will show. If I´m coming up thankless then please excuse me, I´m far from good in writing in english.

I´m using yaVDR since 0.1.0 and I agreed with all the changes they made in the past. This is the first one who brings me in trouble, as my disk contains hundreds of files which have a resume file but didn´t was seen until now. Maybe this is a disadvantage only to me, in this case we would say "Einzeschicksal".

I´m willing to do something to get this feature back but my problem is missing some ideas and mainly the needed knowledge. :(

• Hi,

da ich erst jetzt auf die letzte Version geupdatet habe, bin ich auch erst jetzt auf dieses Problem gestoßen. Ich wollt nur anmerken, dass ich die Funktion auch sehr vermisse. Es war das Erste, dass ich bemerkt habe nach dem Neustart. Ich schneide nämlich, schau dann in die geschnittene Aufnahme, ob alles in Ordnung ist und am Ende zurück zum Anfang, damit ich weiß, die ist ungesehen.
    Nunja, jetzt mach ich das eben über die reccmd. Grün und Exit fand ich besser, aber nungut.
    Ich wollt euch nur aus meiner history noch die Reinigung des kompletten Aufnahmeordners zukommen lassen. Falls es jemand braucht:

Code
    find . -name resume -exec sh -c 'echo $(cat "{}") "{}"' \; | grep "^I 0" | cut -d" " -f 3 | sed s/\'/\\\\\'/g | xargs rm

Zur Erklärung: Im Aufnahmeordner aufrufen bzw. den statt . übergeben. Es werden alle resume Dateien gesucht und ausgegeben. Steht da ein 'I 0' drin (0. I-Frame, nehm ich an), wird der Name mit escapten ' an xargs übergeben und gelöscht. Man kann zuerst mal das '| xargs rm' weglassen, um die Dateien anzuzeigen, die es betreffen würde.
    Bei mir hat ein ! im Namen Probleme gemacht, aber da steh ich drüber. ;)
    BTW, das ist es doch auch, was im VDR Code zu tun wäre: Soll ein 'I 0' ins resume, dann wird das resume ganz gelöscht. Wäre einfach und logisch, denn Wiedergabe am Anfang ist default und defaults werden nicht extra nochmal vermerkt.

Faudeer

Synchronisieren und Backup auch unter Linux! 250MB extra für euch und mich bei Dropbox-Anmeldung (zu den kostenlosen 2GB), wenn ihr meinen Referral nutzt.

• Dafür gibts den Patch hier.

• Ich denke mal, dass es nicht um die Position in der Aufnahme, sondern eher um die optische Kennzeichnung (NEW) in der Aufnahmeliste geht. Das NEW-Symbol wird erst angezeigt, wenn im Aufnahmeordner die resume-Datei gelöscht ist.

• Hi..

Zitat

Ich denke mal, dass es nicht um die Position in der Aufnahme, sondern eher um die optische Kennzeichnung (NEW) in der Aufnahmeliste geht. Das NEW-Symbol wird erst angezeigt, wenn im Aufnahmeordner die resume-Datei gelöscht ist.

Das hatte ich mir schon mal angeschaut, und mir dein Skript in die reccmds eingetragen, leider war hier zusätzlich ein Update des des Aufnahme-Ordners notwenig, was den vdr < 2.0.5 sporadisch zum Absturz brachte, ich glaube aber das Problem wurde bereits erkannt und mit 2.0.5 gelöst. Leider konnte ich das noch nicht testen ;)

[size=10]nOpacity: Icons
    [size=10]skindesigner: tryoutsglassy

• Ich denke mal, dass es nicht um die Position in der Aufnahme, sondern eher um die optische Kennzeichnung (NEW) in der Aufnahmeliste geht. Das NEW-Symbol wird erst angezeigt, wenn im Aufnahmeordner die resume-Datei gelöscht ist.

Ich weiß nicht wie umfangreich ihr euren VDR verpatcht habt, aber bei meinem unverpatchten ist des definitiv so, dass es reicht die Aufnahme ganz an den Anfang zurückzuspulen. Eine "resume-Datei" muss ich nicht löschen um das "NEW" zu bekommen.

• Wieso stellt sich dann der Finne hin und bastelt dafür nen Patch, wenn es auch so geht :schiel ??? Mir isses Recht, wenn man weniger rumpatchen muss.

• Wieso stellt sich dann der Finne hin und bastelt dafür nen Patch,

Weil sein "deleteresume" Patch, wie ich ihn gerne haben und seit Jahren nutze, das Ursprungsverhalten aufhebt. Man benötigt diesen "resumereset" Patch nur wenn man den "deleteresume" einsetzt.

Bis vor kurzem hieß der Patch noch "editrecording" ... ausserdem ist "der Finne" etwas despektierlich.

"rofafor" ist vmtl. der Entwickler mit den meisten (akzeptierten) Patch-Einreichungen im VDR. Irgendwer hat mal sarkastisch gemeint, ohne diese würde VDR vmtl. gar nicht funktionieren ... :hat2

Regards
    fnu

• Logische Folge: Beide weglassen löst das Problem ;)

Nein, ich möchte die Funktion haben, aktiv per OSD "resume" zu löschen. Aber Du hast Recht, sollte eigentlich in Plain VDR ohne Patch funktionieren ... ;)

Regards
    fnu

• Hab mir jetzt den yavdr 0.6 installiert und festgestellt, dass nun wieder mit Starten und sofortigem Stoppen der Aufnahme die ungesehen Markierung kommt. Nur mal so als Info...

Grüße,
    Olmimoe

YAVDR 0.7 Focal, Board: Asus PRIME H410M-E, CPU: Intel Pentium Gold G6400T, Grafik: Geforce GT 1030, TV: Vodafone Kabel mit 3 Stk. Sundtek MediaTV Pro, Fernbedienung mit FLIRC, zusammengebaut 08/2021.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!