yavdr64 0.5.0-beta clean install - video stuttering

• OK - firstly, apologies to gda, DocViper and Mini73 for wasting your time on the yavdr-0.5.0-beta!! My fault.

I have now reinstalled yavdr-0.5 and only have the video stutter problem, as originally posted.

As per the attached syslog, every 5 seconds I'm getting some sort of sync/buffer problem which I gather is causing the video to "catch up" and pixelate.

Apr 19 10:11:00 ubuntu vdr: video: audio/video difference too big
    Apr 19 10:11:00 ubuntu vdr: video: decoder buffer empty, duping frame (149348/1660) 0 v-buf
    Apr 19 10:11:00 ubuntu vdr: video: 16:10:17.870+8888 7839 507/\ms 0+5 v-buf

Any ideas?

• Ran a new w_scan, made sure I have an updated channels.conf

Tried installing linux-media-dkms - but couldn't get a front-end lock with that, so uninstalled it again.

I tried all the various front-ends available in YAVDR-0.5 - they all work OK, apart form the slipping video which I don't get under YAVDR-0.4. Collected the output logs from the video stuttering (attached).

This is only happening on some HD channels. SD channels seem to be OK.

Didn't have any of these problems on yavdr-0.4

• so now we have a solid starting point for further investigation.

could you try to change your screen refresh rate to 24p or 60 hz ? duping frame messages typically apear when source framerate and display framerate don't match softhddevice has a special option for 60 hz screens (plugin options) have a look. the are also options for av sync.

maybe the hd stream has a very special setup? could you record a minute or two and make it available to download ? johns the developer of softhddevice might be able to help with the analysis !

br,joe

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von DocViper ()

• If I run the softhddevice plugin, the menu from the OSD is off the screen - see attached. Also attached is a photo of the (default/scanned) display settings from the webinterface.

(I've been using the xine plugin, as this doesn't give me the OSD problem)

I've now also noticed the video slipping on SD and HD channels, and have recorded a 7MB video sequence showing it.
    Should be accessible here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/2154584368/00001.ts

• When you are using a OSD Skin which is bigger than your screen, than it didn't fit.
    Better use a Skin which fits to your screen size.
    You can let the Plugin "softhddevice" scale the OSD.
    Menu -> Setup -> Plugins -> SoftHdDevice -> General -> Osd size
    change auto to the OSD Skin size you are using.

For more debug please always attach the complete syslog.
    For sync problems post the output of

Code
    xrandr -d :1.0 -q

(Not 100% sure if this is correct for yaVDR).

Johns

Sag mir, wo die Developer sind. Wo sind sie geblieben? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . SoftHdDevice - A software and GPU emulated HD output device plugin.
    Sag mir, wo die Developer sind. Was ist geschehn?

Client0: Crown CW02 MSI_C847MS-E33 Zotac_GT640_passiv Cine-S2 iMon-MCE / streamdev softhddevice
    Client1: Lian_Li_PC-Q09FB ASRock_H67M-ITX/HT I3-2100 ASUS_ENGT520_passiv / streamdev softhddevice
    Test: Lian_Li_PC-Q09R Asus C60M1-I / streamdev
    Server0: Dockstar TT-S2-3600-USB / streamdev
    Server2: Lian_Li_PC-Q07R Intel_DH61DL G620 WD20EARX 90W PicoPSU Cine-S2+DuoFlex-S2+DuoFlex-CT / streamdev / 22 Watt Verbrauch

• Zitat

softhddevice.Osd.Width = 0
    0 = auto (=display, unscaled) n = fixed osd size scaled for display
    softhddevice.Osd.Height = 0

Code
    1280x1024      60.0*+   85.0     75.0

Your resolution is 1280x1024 and 60Hz.

You have 60Hz, if your TV Stations are 60Hz (NTSC) than this is ok, otherwise you get
    small shutter. I only know it for softhddevice you can enable a 60 Hz Mode in the
    setup. But this is only for looking 50Hz Streams with a 60 Hz Tv or Monitor, but
    it is not optimal.

Johns

Sag mir, wo die Developer sind. Wo sind sie geblieben? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . SoftHdDevice - A software and GPU emulated HD output device plugin.

Client0: Crown CW02 MSI_C847MS-E33 Zotac_GT640_passiv Cine-S2 iMon-MCE / streamdev softhddevice
    Client1: Lian_Li_PC-Q09FB ASRock_H67M-ITX/HT I3-2100 ASUS_ENGT520_passiv / streamdev softhddevice
    Server2: Lian_Li_PC-Q07R Intel_DH61DL G620 WD20EARX 90W PicoPSU Cine-S2+DuoFlex-S2+DuoFlex-CT / streamdev / 22 Watt Verbrauch

• I guess the HD streams are 24 Hz (23,97 Hz) ?

Using a 60 Hz LCD connected with VGA (CRT-0) is suboptimal for your TV standard formats.
    Any chance to change that ? (HDMI connection to suitable LCD that can handle 24 and 60 Hz would be great)

The interesting question is why it worked with yavdr 0.4 and xine / vdr-sfe ? And now it doesn't anymore with these frontend ?
    Very strange...

Kr,
    Joe

• I've attached a 29" LCD via HDMI, re-scanned the screens, and still get video intermittent broken up on YAVDR-0.5 and not on YAVDR-0.4 with the same hardware.

Attached are the two sets of log files - and screen shots of the webinterface display setting. YAVDR-0.4 says it's using nvidia-auto-select. I gather this is because of the xine front end?

Still - no video distortion on yavdr-0.4 and almost un-viewable on yavdr-0.5

• softhddevice.Osd.Width = 0

My setup.conf already looked like this - didn't change the OSD when the VGA monitor was attached. Now have an HDMI LCD attached anyway.

softhddevice.Osd.Width = 0

• Please all; Jumping in the air; Somebody stands on the line.

You must insert the OSD resolution there:

fe. for a 1080 skin:

softhddevice.Osd.Height = 1920
    softhddevice.Osd.Width = 1080

Johns

• Have been experimenting with various YAVDR display settings on YAVDR-0.5 and still can't get an error free picture. I tried 24 and 60 Hz, and different resolutions - but I don't think this is necessarily a VDR problem now.

Watching the signal information, on the same box running YAVDR-0.4 and then YAVDR-0.5, I'm seeing the following:

YAVDR-0.4:
    vpid 2240, sid 2, ppid 2240, dpid 2241,2242
    MPEG-2, 16:9, 29.97Hz, NTSC, 1920x1080
    38.81 Mbit/s (13-15 Mbit/s)
    AC3
    STR 88-90, 98 % (lowest, median range)
    SNR 0135-138 (median range)
    UNC 0 <------ completely steady at 0

YAVDR-0.5:
    vpid 2240, sid 2, ppid 2240, dpid 2241,2242
    MPEG-2, 16:9, 29.97Hz, NTSC, 1920x1080
    38.81 Mbit/s (13-15 Mbit/s)
    AC3
    STR 85,95-98 % (lowest, median range)
    SNR 012a, 014f-015a (lowest, median range)
    UNC 4-e <----fluctuates between 4 and e

Any ideas why am I getting a fluctuating UNC on YAVDR-0.5 ???

• [thought I'd try a new post with an updated subject!]

Any suggestions on why I'm getting the UNC errors on the 0.5 and not 0.4?

Both running on the same h/w, booting on different partitions.

0.5 I get broken and pixelated video, nothing on 0.4

• It could be a driver issue: The driver in the newer kernel is too sensitive => Try an inline-damper for your signal cable (maybe your signal is to strong)

Have you tested to remove one of your cards ? Maybe only one is causing the problems.

It could be a issue with the drivers of the mainboard (no-msi option, interrupt problem ? ) => I have no clue ?(

BR,
    Joe

• [thought I'd try a new post with an updated subject!]

Would have been better in a complete new thread.

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!