Audio latency in softdevice and xineliboutput

• I was using the softdevice. But due to a very bad audio latency, I shifted to the xineliboutput and it is now fine.

My setup is a wintv hvr-4000 card, gentoo linux, and jack audio running all the time. I use the snd-aloop module to interface alsa and jack as first (default) alsa device, so vdr is using alsa, and I get its audio trough the loop audio device and jack to the real sound card..

In the vdr menu, I try everything to configure the sound, but nothing was helping with the huge audio latency I get. The sound was at least 1/2 second after the video, and this was very annoying. Is it a know issue, or something I missed into the configuration?

Code
    SOFTDEVICE_VIDEO_OUT="shm"
    SOFTDEVICE_AUDIO_OUT="alsa"
    SOFTDEVICE_AUDIO_OUT_SUBOPTS="pcm=default#"

After the installation and configuration of the xineliboutput plugin, the sound is working just fine. I cannot see any visible shift between the audio and the video.

Code
    _EXTRAOPTS="--local=none --video=vdpau --audio=alsa --remote=37890"

I try to replace alsa by jack (xinelib support jack), but it didn't worked. The sound was flowing out, but trough alsa, not jack. Is it something I can try that would give me the sound directly trough jack?

I just see I can get the audio into jack by using mplayer (it is configured to use -ao=jack,alsa in its config file), the remote control is working, but I didn't get any OSD:

Code
    mplayer http://127.0.0.1:37890

Is it some way to get the OSD from vdr into mplayer?

• Hello,

Have you trird giving the audio delay a negative value? First it was a little bit confusing for me: if audio is behind (audio is delayed) you have to put a - (minus) in front of the value to make softhddevice audio to catch up with video.

Regards, Ingo

• I try to replace alsa by jack (xinelib support jack), but it didn't worked. The sound was flowing out, but trough alsa, not jack. Is it something I can try that would give me the sound directly trough jack?

I didn't changed anything and the sound is now working with jack. Some magic update :tup

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!