No signal anymore | Card broken?

• I just put my dvb-s card in another computer and now i don't have any signal (strength). The satelite is still in the right place, because my normal (Strong) reciever is getting a very good signal. Is my dvb-s card broken? I compiled the drivers and vdr again but it didn't help. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my card?

grtz, Me

• Have you tried it in a Windows system ? It should be easier then to distinguish hardware errors from software errors.

VDR1: Athlon XP@1200+, DVB-S FF1.6 + Nova, 112W Netzteil, Atric IR Einschalter
    VDR2: Celeron 533, DXR3, 2 x Skystar, Atric IR Einschalter
    jeweils Mahlzeit 3.2 + Toxic 1.4.7 (Extp. 34)
    ...seit vdr-1.0.3 dabei. Boah ist das geil geworden. :D

• I just checked the card under windows and it doesn't work either. Exactly the same thing -> no signal strength -> no voltage. So it must be the card. Can i do something about this?

grtz, Me

• If your card does not have guarantee any more, you can send it in to Hauppauge. They will repair it for a standard charge of 99 Euros. In some cases, users just welded on a new tuner and the card did function again.

• You DID change a thing:
    You put your card in another computer. :]

Some weeks ago, I only pulled the TV-out-connector out of my TV and that killed the TV-out on my dvb-s.
    Seems like those cards are not the toughest ones... :computertod

• one last question though, When i measured the difference in voltage between the ground of the satelite cable and my housing the result was about 50 V So i thing i blew up the card. Can't i just put in a new fuse of something?

grtz, Me

• Eeerrr.... Do you see a fuse somewhere ? ?(
    The thing with electronic circuits is that they take it very personally when it comes to overpowering them.
    Soo.. I think if you really blew the card up with 50 V, then probably some IC or transistor on it has gone the long way up....

I would send the card in to Hauppauge for repairing. That only costs half the price of a new one.

• Hi,

please don't forget the nettiquette ;o)) A "hi"
    for starters would be nice.

Zitat

Original von i123sat
    one last question though, When i measured the difference in voltage between the ground of the satelite cable and my housing the result was about 50 V So i thing i blew up the card. Can't i just put in a new fuse of something?
    grtz, Me

Your 50V difference show me something in your housewiring isn't properly grounded or that you have two grounds each at different level (NOT good). This results in floating ground levels and can easily reach or surpass the 50V you mentioned.

You most likely blew your buck up convertor or the LNBSP chip (LNB controller). I strongly suggest that you do NOT try to repair this on your own. Trust me, you WILL only make it worse. Your question about a fuse shows me (NO offense meant!!) that you lack knowledge about DVB electronics.

Do what Boergen suggested. Its still cheaper than a whole new card.

Also get that ground problem fixed. If you ever decide to use the RGB or any other one of the AV711x outputs (which are not protected well), you will kill the card (again).

Greetz,
    Reinhard

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!