VDR to VDR - Streamdev with XVDR or VNSI - Problems

• I've just built a second VDR system and I have a few questions about Streamdev Streaming between servers along with XVDR/VNSI.

My setup looks like this.

VDR1 - Dual Tuner - 28.2E

VDR2 - Dual Tuner - Disqec - 13E, 19.2E, 28.2E

Both have the same Channels.conf file and I have successfully connected the servers together using Streamdev-server/client. So I can watch for example channels on 13E through VDR1 using Streamdev. This seems to work great.

My issue is that I want to be able to access channels on 13E and 19.2E via VDR1 using XVDR or VNSI in XBMC. This doesn't work.

Does this mean I am better making VDR2 my primary server that XBMC connects to with VDR1 being the spare extra capacity for 28.2E?

• What if you tune VDR1 to some 13E or 19.2E channel: Is XVDR/VNSI able to receive this channel (and other channels on the same transponder)?

If so, please check if VDR1 prefers streamdev-client or the local DVB card for live TV. If it thinks streamdev-client is cheaper, it might be using streamdev-client also when tuned to a 28.2E channel and so streamdev-client is busy when XVDR/VNSI wants to receive some 13E/19.2E channel. Raise "Broadcast Systems / Cost" in streamdev-client setup to fix this.

Other possible workarounds: Add a copy of streamdev-client to VDR1 to get two independant connections (so e.g. VDR1 can watch one transponder on 13E and XVDR/VNSI an other) or of course connect XVDR/VNSI to VDR2 as you already suggested.

• Just tried watching a channel on 13E via VDR1 on Streamdev with VLC. That works great.

If I try and watch the same channel or another channel on the same Transponder at the same time via XVDR/XBMC nothing shows.

How do I check if VDR1 prefers "streamdev-client or the local DVB card for live TV" ?
    And how do I raise the "Broadcast Systems / Cost"?

• Just tried watching a channel on 13E via VDR1 on Streamdev with VLC. That works great.

If I try and watch the same channel or another channel on the same Transponder at the same time via XVDR/XBMC nothing shows.

Sounds like its rather a problem in XVDR/XBMC than in streamdev. Anything in the logs?

Zitat

How do I check if VDR1 prefers "streamdev-client or the local DVB card for live TV" ?

You could check the logs (client and server), use some client-side plugin which shows you the device number which is used for live TV (e.g. devstatus or femon) or take a look in menu ""Streamdev Connections" on the server (requires halfway recent streamdev version; mainmenu entry not hidden in streamdev-server settings).

Zitat

And how do I raise the "Broadcast Systems / Cost"?

Its in the plugin setup (unless you're running VDR 1.6 or older).
    Anyway, as you can't watch a channel via XVDR/XBMC while the same channel is streamded to VLC, this is most likely not the problem.

• I don't use the VDR GUI/Frontend. VDR1 and VDR2 are headless servers that are configured over SSH.

I haven't tried with VNSI/XBMC so I will attempt with that to see if there is a difference between the behaviour of VNSI and XVDR.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!