Minimum hardware / network for HDTV.

• What is the minimum hardware and network requirements for HDTV ?

I have two PC's in my front room, one is a quad core box with an Nvidia card, it is currently running yaVDR and what not, and it is running fine.

The second is a old P4 2.5ghz, with a gig of ram.

They are linked via 100mbit network (wired)

Would the older PC have the guts to run vdr's backend and then stream HDTV over the network to the newer PC.

I suspect it would stumble with network traffic on HD streams, but I thought i would ask.

Thanks in advance

S.

• What is the minimum hardware and network requirements for HDTV ?

That's irrelevant to your project.

Would the older PC have the guts to run vdr's backend and then stream HDTV over the network to the newer PC.

Yes. It will works fine. But you can only install 32-bit OS e.g. yaVDR 0.3.

Albert

• if you see how much is the datarate of a full transponder
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://vdrportal.magdlos.com/downloads/Bildschirmfoto%202012-03-07%20um%2010.42.27.png]

1 pc and a 100mbt network must work ;)
    when not a check the lancable ;)

• Brilliant,

Thank you both for your quick replies.

I now have a project to so when I have some time.

Thanks again.

EDIT //

As to the 64bit / 32 bit, I could use the ppa's I presume to install the 32bit version on Ubuntu server, or would this fail ?

• As to the 64bit / 32 bit, I could use the ppa's I presume to install the 32bit version on Ubuntu server, or would this fail ?

Why you wan't download the completed image of yaVDR32 0.3.1?

Albert

• I have never used 0.3.1 I started using 0.4.0

I will have a look at it, I just wanted to start with a base I am familiar with, so it seemed easier to start with Ubuntu server, as I am very familiar with that, wereas VDR and stuff I am still very new too.

But I will have a look at it and see what the update path is like to get to the latest =)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!