[SOLVED upgrading to yaVDR 0.5]Total hang in yaVDR 0.4

• Would it be better to install it from PPA?.

Technically no difference, it's the same version. So it's up to your preference. You'll find rssreader also in PPA shortly, it's already build awaiting publication ...

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

• Hi.

I guess, it is usual to have errors in logs when VDR testing is used. With newest VDR version my syslog is:

Too many errors. Do I have to worry about them?

jbjbjb

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

• Too many errors. Do I have to worry about them?

Well, I guess, but not in sense of stability, more in manner of configuration. Where does the "M" come from?

Some typo in "remote.conf", "setup.conf", "/etc/default/vdr" ... ?

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

• Well, I guess, but not in sense of stability, more in manner of configuration. Where does the "M" come from?

Some typo in "remote.conf", "setup.conf", "/etc/default/vdr" ... ?

Regards
    fnu

Hi.

I checked the files you mentioned but, I did not see anything odd. I upload the files in a zip one.

(They were the same files before I updated VDR to the newest version)

Regards.
    jbjbjb

• Where does the "M" come from?

I think, parameter 'M' refers to the modulation. Seems something wrong with your channels.conf.

Albert

• I think, parameter 'M' refers to the modulation. Seems something wrong with your channels.conf.

Albert

I upload the file, in case you can find out something, but it is the same I had with the old VDR version.

Regards.
    jbjbjb

• Try to modify (change the name) one channel (using the vdr osd channeleditor) and restart the vdr (there are an menu entry in vdr setup menu). Then the channels.conf will be saved using the correct format.

cu

• I upload the file, in case you can find out something, but it is the same I had with the old VDR version.

You seem to use hotbird. Delete all channels except only one that works. Change the value of UpdateChannels in /var/lib/vdr/setup.conf to 5. Restart VDR or reboot your system. Please be patient! ;)

Albert

• I upload the file, in case you can find out something, but it is the same I had with the old VDR version.

How old is old? Which VDR version?

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• How old is old?

If it goes here to Midleton, then 12 years. :D

Albert

• How old is old? Which VDR version?

Gerald

Well, VDR 1.7.22 stable version was the old one, and VDR 1.7.26 testing version is the new one.

Why channels.conf works fine with 1.7.22 version but not with 1.7.26?

jbjbjb

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

• Try to modify (change the name) one channel (using the vdr osd channeleditor) and restart the vdr (there are an menu entry in vdr setup menu). Then the channels.conf will be saved using the correct format.

cu

I changed the order of channels from the web interface of yavdr, I saved the file and afterwards I restarted VDR. I hope the effect is the same that changing from vdr osd channeleditor, but the error keeps on in the syslog file.

• Edited: Post in pastebin.com:

http://pastebin.com/download.php?i=JCwHUy85

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=JCwHUy85

Hi

I do not know if this will help, but the pid (number 4960) that causes de error in syslog

Code
    Mar 28 10:04:19 yaVDR04 vdr: [4960] ERROR: invalid value for parameter 'M'

is

Code
    vdr   	4960 	1  3 09:47 ?    	00:00:28 /usr/bin/vdr --lirc=/var/run/lirc/lircd -v /home/javier/grabaciones  -c /var/lib/vdr -L /usr/lib/vdr/plugins -r /usr/lib/vdr/vdr-recordingaction -s /usr/lib/vdr/vdr-shutdown.wrapper -E /var/cache/vdr/epg.data -u vdr -g /tmp --port 6419 -w 0 -Pxineliboutput --local=none --primary --remote=127.0.0.1:37890 -Ptext2skin -Plive --port=8008 --ip=0.0.0.0 --log=INFO --epgimages=/var/cache/vdr/epgimages -Pconflictcheckonly -Pstreamdev-server -Piptv -Pmenuorg -Pskinpearlhd --epgimages=/var/cache/vdr/epgimages -Pwirbelscan -Pxvdr -t 10 -Pchannellists -Pextrecmenu -Pfilebrowser -Pmarkad -Pquickepgsearch -Pscheduler  -Pepgsearchonly -Prestfulapi --port=8002 --ip=0.0.0.0 --epgimages=/var/cache/vdr/epgimages --channellogos=/usr/share/vdr-channellogos -Pfemon -Pdbus2vdr --shutdown-hooks=/usr/share/vdr/shutdown-hooks --shutdown-hooks-wrapper=/usr/share/vdr/plugins/dbus2vdr/shutdown-wrapper -Pepgsearch -f /usr/bin/svdrpsend -Pdynamite

Regards.
    jbjbjb

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

• Hi Javier,

Your post is unreadable. Do you know pastebin.com? ;)

Albert

• Hi Javier,

Your post is unreadable. Do you know pastebin.com? ;)

Albert

Well, I did not know it (thanks for the info). I have uploaded the previous post in these adresses:

http://pastebin.com/download.php?i=JCwHUy85

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=JCwHUy85

Regards.
    jbjbjb

• jbjbjb

apt-get install pastebinit

pastebinit /var/log/syslog

Thanks.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/903624/

http://paste.ubuntu.com/903621/

• Make that:

Code
    sudo process-template /var/lib/vdr/setup.conf

then reboot.

Albert

• Make that:

Code
    sudo process-template /var/lib/vdr/setup.conf

then reboot.

Albert

Done, but now I have lost the configurations I had previously changed and the "ERROR: invalid value for parameter 'M'" in syslog remains.

jbjbjb

• now I have lost the configurations I had previously changed

And the errors "unknown config parameter" too. Or not?

Albert

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!