[SOLVED upgrading to yaVDR 0.5]Total hang in yaVDR 0.4

• Done, but now I have lost the configurations I had previously changed and the "ERROR: invalid value for parameter 'M'" in syslog remains.

Not really, process-template makes always a backup copy here: /var/cache/yavdr/process-template-backup/

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• And the errors "unknown config parameter" too. Or not?

Albert

Nope, no "unknown config parameter" from now.

Thanks

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

• Not really, process-template makes always a backup copy here: /var/cache/yavdr/process-template-backup/

Gerald

Thanks for the info. I will make a safety copy (just in case...).

Edit post: Too may files for me.., I have re-configured yaVDR from my installation notes (manually from the OSD).

Regards.
    jbjbjb

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

• Hi.

I updated today yaVDR but the 'M' error keeps on

http://paste.ubuntu.com/905390/

Regards.
    jbjbjb

• I updated today yaVDR but the 'M' error keeps on

I understand the situation right that there are no total hangs anymore? How about to start a new thread with a new subject then?

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• Ok Gerald.

This post remains exclusively to the hung up situation, as you say, it is all right for the moment. I open a new one for the 'M' error.

Regards.
    jbjbjb

• Hi.

One week working 7x24 and no hungs up by now. I am crossing my fingers...

I do not dare to update anything (dist-upgrade) because I am afraid of a change in the situation.

Next week I will report again. If no hungs, it will be the maximum period without problems.

Regards.
    jbjbjb

• Hi again.

Sadly, I have to retake this thread.

Today I found the computer hanged again. This is the log, but I do not think it can be useful:

After more than four weeks working fine..., could be a computer problem (processor, memory...)?

Regards.
    jbjbjb

• Hi.

Could a lack of signal leavign absolutely fried the computer?

See syslog in the file uploaded (one minute with a lot of logs)

Regards.

• Could a lack of signal leavign absolutely fried the computer?

Not really.

It seem like you have problems with markad. For testing, you can temporarily disable it. I think: - markad in the order.conf

Albert

• Not really.

It seem like you have problems with markad. For testing, you can temporarily disable it. I think: - markad in the order.conf

Albert

I will try, thanks.

Javier

• Hi.

Bad luck, markad is not resposible of the hangs. Today a new one (markad was disabled).

I am going to change the hard disk to an another Xtreamer (with same hardware) to check is the problem is about hardware.

Two of the last three hangs I was connected by mean an ssh tunnel and live-vdr to check scheduled recordings, I do not know if this can give a good clue.

Regards.
    Javier

• Hi again.

I have placed the hard disk in another xtreamer, yaVDR 0.4 works, but network does not work now. Some one could tell me what I should check?

Regards
    jbjbjb

• Delete the /etc/udev/rules.d/75-persistent-net-generator.rules

cu

• Today a new one (markad was disabled).

"May 2 16:39:57 yaVDR04 vdr: [1944] loading /home/javier/grabaciones/peliculas/PelisFinde/Multicine:_El_Guardaespaldas/2012-04-21.19.30.39-0.rec//marks"

Are you sure?

It is possible that you have a problem with the heat.

Albert

• Some one could tell me what I should check?

Code
    ifconfig -a

If you see an item eth1, than use it.

Albert

• Well I added -markadd to the file setup.con, so markad should be disabled, Should not it?

To avoid warming problems, I had increased the speed of the fan. Could be a heat problem when the computer was working 7x24h for a week without hangs?

Javier

• Code
    ifconfig -a

If you see an item eth1, than use it.

Albert

Thanks.

I changed in /etc/network/interfaces eth0 for eth1 and worked.

Regards.
    jbjbjb

• Hi Javier,

Well I added -markadd to the file setup.con, so markad should be disabled, Should not it?

-markadd or -markad?

Look yourself if it is still running.

Could be a heat problem when the computer was working 7x24h for a week without hangs?

Impossible is nothing. We will see. How warm is it during the day in Spain?

Albert

• Hi Javier,
    -markadd or -markad?

-markad, I wrote it badly

Impossible is nothing. We will see. How warm is it during the day in Spain?

Well this week was not warm enough for me :] but it seems it was too warm for my Xtreamer X(

Javier

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!