[SOLVED upgrading to yaVDR 0.5]Total hang in yaVDR 0.4

• IMHO you should change

Code
    0x800f040c = KEY_SLEEP

to

Code
    0x800f040c = KEY_POWER2

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

• Did you stop eventlircd before?

Code
    sudo stop eventlircd

Nop... Stopping eventlicrc and pressing power button after ir-keytable -t:

Code
    1332441226.721990: event MSC: scancode = 800f040c
    1332441226.722009: event key down: KEY_SLEEP (0x008e)
    1332441226.722012: event sync
    1332441226.876072: event MSC: scancode = 800f040c
    1332441226.876082: event sync
    1332441227.047333: event key up: KEY_SLEEP (0x008e)
    1332441227.047346: event MSC: scancode = 400
    1332441227.047347: event sync

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

• So probably this will solve the problem regarding the power button... Total hang in yaVDR 0.4

• IMHO you should change

Code
    0x800f040c = KEY_SLEEP

to

Code
    0x800f040c = KEY_POWER2

Ok, IYHO it works perfectly.

Thanks a lot for everithing. I will wait a week to see if there are not more hungs-up.

The changes I made in the key maps, will they remain in future updates?

Regards.
    jbjbjb

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

• The changes I made in the key maps, will they remain in future updates?

Yes, they should be update-proof. The changes to /etc/rc_maps.cfg are done by creating custom templates (as you can see in my script) and files in /etc/rc_keymaps/ shouldn't be touched by future updates. I have been using this method for my own CIR-receiver for yaVDR 0.4 and later testing releases and my modifications survived all updates.

• Thanks again

I will keep you posted if I have more hungs after updating the cir module...

In case of more hungs, may be I will try VDR version 1.7.26 as fnu proposed.

Regards.
    jbjbjb

• Hi again.

Well.... cir module changes has not solved the hang up issue.

I found my Xtreamer repeating the same sound in a loop and completely hanged. This is the last syslog till I restarted:

I guess next step is trying fnu proposal with VDR version 1.7.26, so I have a question. Can this testing version of VDR have unresolved and risky problems for not advanced users (like me)?

jbjbjb

• Can this testing version of VDR have unresolved and risky problems for not advanced users (like me)?

Like all developement versions of VDR (1.7.x) there may be unknown problems - but this is a risk all VDR Versions in yaVDR have...

I read, that a TV's Backlight (due to flickering) may cause hangs and startup problems for pcs with CIR receivers - have you tried to shield your CIR from that light source and checked if the hangups do still appear?

• I read, that a TV's Backlight (due to flickering) may cause hangs and startup problems for pcs with CIR receivers - have you tried to shield your CIR from that light source and checked if the hangups do still appear?

Hi.

My tv does not have backlight but I will try to isolate the CIR receiver (just in case, even when the hung up is made with tv switched off). Thanks for the idea.

In yaVDR 0.3 I did not have that problem, if we can not find out a solution, as last choice, I will downgrade my yaVDR.

Regards.
    jbjbjb

• My tv does not have backlight

Is it a plasma display?

• Is it a plasma display?

Yep. Panasonic 42".

• If you are interessted in testing VDR 1.7.26, you might add our PPA "testing-vdr" on top of the existing stable ones:

Code
    #/> sudo apt-add-repository ppa:yavdr/testing-vdr
    #/> sudo apt-get update
    #/> sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Regards
    fnu

Hi.

Done. I have installed VDR 1.7.26, but now I can not install scheduler plugin.

This is a problem for me, because twice a week at 2:00 a.m. I use the plugin to do automatically, a safety copy of a server in the computer of my yaVDR.

This is the log of the trying of installation:

Regards.
    jbjbjb

• jbjbjb

Yes, could be, I haven't build all plugins together with 1.7.26, I did focus to that what is part in yavdr and some things around, what is important (displays) and known to be used mostly. So, either you are bit patient until I find time to build it, or you just get the source and build it locally for yourself.

Code
    #/> cd /usr/src
    #/> sudo mkdir vdr-plugin-scheduler
    #/> cd vdr-plugin-scheduler
    #/> sudo apt-get source vdr-plugin-scheduler
    #/> sudo apt-get build-dep vdr-plugin-scheduler
    #/> cd vdr-plugin-scheduler....
    #/> sudo dpkg-buildpackage -tc
    #/> cd ..
    #/> sudo dpkg -i vdr-plugin-scheduler...deb

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• jbjbjb

Yes, could be, I haven't build all plugins together with 1.7.26, I did focus to that what is part in yavdr and some things around, what is important (displays) and known to be used mostly. So, either you are bit patient until I find time to build it, or you just get the source and build it locally for yourself.

Code
    #/> cd /usr/src
    #/> sudo mkdir vdr-plugin-schedule
    #/> cd vdr-plugin-schedule
    #/> sudo apt-get source vdr-plugin-schedule
    #/> sudo apt-get build-dep vdr-plugin-schedule
    #/> cd vdr-plugin-schedule....
    #/> sudo dpkg-buildpackage -tc
    #/> cd ..
    #/> sudo dpkg -i vdr-plugin-schedule...deb

Regards
    fnu

Thanks.

Do not worry. I will wait. I think it will be better if I try for two weeks with this new version of VDR (and without the scheduler plugin). If no hungs in two weeks we will give next step, if new hungs, I will downgrade to de stable version of vdr (I guess it is possible too).

Next two weeks I will make the safety copy manually, no problem with that, thanks.

Regards.
    jbjbjb

• Pls. try again ... :)

Regards
    fnu

• Hi fnu.

Well I do not tried the steps you recommended because I want to know what happens with the hungs without installing scheduler and rss reader plugins. They were the plugins uninstalled because of the newest version of VDR.

Could a plugin let the computer completely down? (I want to discard those plugins as source of my hungs).

Anyway, I tried, and when I wrote "sudo apt-get source vdr-plugin-schedule", I got this message: "vdr-plugin-schedule font source package can not be found"(in my language).

I would rather to wait to see if hangs up have disappeared with newest version of VDR and without the plugins before mentioned.

Regards.
    jbjbjb

• I am on it:
    "sudo apt-get source vdr-plugin-schedule" should be "sudo apt-get source vdr-plugin-scheduler"

I will tell you the results.

jbjbjb

• Thanks fnu.

It seems to be working.

From now I do not install RSS Reader plugin and I will wait a few days. I hope hung up dissapear.

Thx.

Regards.
    jbjbjb

• jbjbjb

Did you build "vdr-plugin-scheduler" for yourself now?

With try again I meant => "apt-get install vdr-plugin-scheduler", because I found some time to push it to the PPA.

I'll check "vdr-plugin-rssreader" soon, if I would have known it a couple of hours ago ... ?(

Cheers
    fnu

• Yes, I was able to build it by myself thanks to your explanations.

Thx for include it in the PPA, I guess... Would it be better to install it from PPA?.

Do not worry abotur rssreader, It is not a critical plugin for me.

Regards
    jbjbjb

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!