VDR shutting down computer by itself

• My VDR server - Ubuntu 11.10 with yavdr pppas: yavdr/main & stable-vdr (see signature for hardware specs), is shutting itself off when inactive. I had the PC on for over 10hours during the day (active) and it all seems fine. But whenever I wake up in the morning it has shut down!

It is not overheating as all the devices are running at low temps even after 10hours of use, I check these via phpsysinfo.

At first I thought it was my TV card - so I unplugged it and left the server on over night. When I woke up in the morning it had shut itself down. This has happened on 2 different TV cards!

I tried the same experiment the next evening but stopped VDR by running:

Code
    /etc/init.d/vdr stop

When I woke up the PC was still on which makes me believe VDR is the culprit.

Here is chunk of my /var/log/kern.log pastebin

Important part I believe is below, Looks like it shutdown at 3:35am and I pressed the power button to turn it back on at 17:45:

VDR Server (Ubuntu 64bit 11.10 server) - Case: Antec 300, Mobo: Asus P5QL/EPU, CPU: Dual Core E5200, RAM: 4gb, DVB-S2: Tevii S660 & L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, SAS/SATA RAID CARD: Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, HDDs: 1*SSD for OS, 10 drives
    Client (Ubuntu 11.10) - Acer Revo R3610, Logitech Harmony 650

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von charlie0440 ()

• Its a VDR Feature to shut down the PC after some time of inaktivity. You will find the setting if you look at the VDR setup Menu.

cu

• Zitat

VDR setup Menu

Do you know where the conf file for this would be?

VDR Server (Ubuntu 64bit 11.10 server) - Case: Antec 300, Mobo: Asus P5QL/EPU, CPU: Dual Core E5200, RAM: 4gb, DVB-S2: Tevii S660 & L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, SAS/SATA RAID CARD: Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, HDDs: 1*SSD for OS, 10 drives

• Have a look in the settings options in the OSD. Somewhere you'll find something like shutdown vdr after ... min. of inactivity.

Hart: MSI 770-C45 mit AMD Athlon II X2 240e | TT-1600 DVB-S2 | NVIDIA 9500GT | 4Gb Ram verpackt in einem SilverStone GD01 ¢ Weich: yavdr 0.5, xbmc von der .iso installiert

• Im running a headless Ubuntu - no OSD only SSH

• Im running a headless Ubuntu - no OSD only SSH

Have fun with your server program you cannot setup to your needs ;) A vdr without your setup is useless.
    Find your way to access the setup.

cu

• with stopped vdr change MinUserInactivity in setup.conf to 0 .
    that should disable auto shutdown.

Zum Guggen: yavdr0.6 + Silverstone GD04 + Intel DH57DD + Intel G6950 + Nvidia GT630 + Unicable/Jess-Sat (JPS0501-12) mit DD/L4M Max8 + 4TB WD-red + bequiet SFX300W
    Zum Testen : yavdr-Ansible + GMC Toast + B365M+i3-8100+ Nvidia GT1030 + L4M CineS2v6 o. SAT>IP Plugin mit DD-O'net
    VaaS (VDR-as-a-Service): yavdr06 + ML03+DH67BL+G530+2GB RAM + 2TB WD-EARX + Zotac GT610 + L4M v5.4 + bequiet SFX300W
    Squeezeboxserver: DN2800ML im Streacom F1CS NAS: HP ProLiant MicroServer NL36+ Smart Array P212

• Found the file:

Code
    nano /etc/vdr/setup.conf

Change Min. user inactivity = 0, should do the trick, Thanks!

• Try:
    service vdr stop
    vim /etc/vdr/setup.conf

search for the line: MinUserInactivity = 240
    and set it to 0 (minutes) if you like NOT to shut down the server by itself...

edit: tooo late ;(

Hart: MSI 770-C45 mit AMD Athlon II X2 240e | TT-1600 DVB-S2 | NVIDIA 9500GT | 4Gb Ram verpackt in einem SilverStone GD01 ¢ Weich: yavdr 0.5, xbmc von der .iso installiert

• To save energy you should suggest to leave Auto shutdown enabled and to Power up the machine using wakeonlan and rtc wakeup. Vdr is able to program the computers built-in clock to wake-up if a recording is imminent. If your hardware supports S3 sleep mode under Linux it will be available within seconds.

Grüße

Hannemann

• Zitat

To save energy you should suggest to leave Auto shutdown enabled and to Power up the machine using wakeonlan and rtc wakeup. Vdr is able to program the computers built-in clock to wake-up if a recording is imminent. If your hardware supports S3 sleep mode under Linux it will be available within seconds.

I have looked into ACPI Wakeup, haven't got it working yet but have't really had time to investigate. I have:

installed vdr-addon-acpiwakeup
    enabled it in /etc/vdr/vdr-addon-acpiwakeup.conf
    checked that UTC=yes in /etc/default /rcS
    ammened GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="hpet=disabled" in /etc/default/grub
    update-grub

To test it can I just set a time in acpiwakeup.conf eg:
    # Wakeup time
    ACPI_REGULAR_TIME=20:54

then issue a shutdown -h now

• I'm sorry, that I can't help you with the addon as i am using a script that is invoked by a shutdown-hook. I post it here but i think you should use the addon as many people should be able to help you with that.

You can test your hardware with this sequence:

Code
    sudo su
    TIMER=$(date +%s --date "now + 300 seconds")             # store unix timestamp of now + 5 minutes in $TIMER
    echo 0 > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm                # reset wakealarm
    echo $TIMER > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm      # program the rtc
    echo $TIMER > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm      # once again as some boards need it
    cat /proc/driver/rtc                                                # check what happened
    halt                                                                          # shutdown

Your server should wakeup about 5 Minutes later. Maybe you have to enable it in the Bios. Look for Power -> APM -> wakeup rtc or something

Grüße

Hannemann

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!