Please help me with my Hauppauge WinTV PVR150 tuner and yaVDR 0.4

• Hi all,

So far I've managed to get VDR setup quite okay and basically everything seems to work as it should apart from my tuner.
    My desktop has an old Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 MCE card, wich should be supported directly by V4L (as it was in my previous TVHeadend based setup).

Unfortunately I could not get this card to work yet in VDR. I've installed the ivtv drivers (version 1.4.1) and I managed to figure out that I need the "pvrinput" plugin to get analog TV working.

And that's where I hit a wall...the pvrinput plugin contains little to no installation instructions on the github page and when I try to install the package using APT ("apt-get install vdr-plugin-pvrinput" ) everything seems to go rosey, but afterwards I cannot scan for tv channels using either w_pvrinput (this file isn;t even present on my system) nor does wirbelscan recognise this card.

Please help me get this to work, I'd really like for my PVR to actually be able to display Live TV ;)

• ZC3rr0r

Which Operating System, apt-get sounds either like Debian or Ubuntu. What ist the source of the vdr packages?

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

• ZC3rr0r

Ok, so it might be helpful to change the topic of the thread to something containing "yaVDR 0.4" or so. This is possible while editing/changing your first post.

Unfortunately, I do not have any clue of the PVR devices, but I did pleased the MODs to move your thread to the yaVDR sub-forum, while it is a yaVDR issue. Don't worry, english is not really the problem, more to find somebody else with a PVR150 ...

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

• I've changed the title, hope this will help describe the situation beter.
    Sure hope there's someone out there with another Hauppauge WinTV PVR150 (or 500) as I'd love to get this to work.

• Hi,
    w_pvrscan can be downloaded here: http://wirbel.htpc-forum.de/ol…_pvrscan-20100403.tar.bz2
    After extracting it, you shold be able to run it in order to create a channels.conf.
    Here is a small example how it should work:

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

• Great!

I actually got everything to work after installing the vdr-plugin-pvrinput and running the instructions you gave me :)
    Unfortunately, I only get an image when using the vdr-xsfe@vdr-plugin-xinelibout setup, in XBMC I get no visual whatsoever.

Should I open another thread for this?

• Hi, how does your channels.conf look like at the moment?
    Where do you live? (Asking because of TV-Standard an Frequency table)

• Unfortunately, I only get an image when using the vdr-xsfe@vdr-plugin-xinelibout setup, in XBMC I get no visual whatsoever.

Can you see the menu? If yes are you able to play videos? Or do you just have a problem with live TV?

BTW: Can you add your system's hardware to your signature? It's quite useful for trouble shooting ;)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von seahawk1986 ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!