Vdr with multiple disk partitions

• Hi all, I've got a question.

When using vdr to define disk partion for recording space when adding another hard drive or disks with more partions how can I make vdr to recognise other space in the Make.config file?

Currently in the Make.config I have defined the dir for video like this.

"VIDEODIR = /media/video/vdr"

But now I want to add more space and say I want to add this partion as well as the one above for vdr to make use of.
    "/media/0a9d41e6-f35b-44ac-ad34-1032739b24e7_/vdr"

I've tried like with few variation but it doesn't work.
    "VIDEODIR0 = /media/video/vdr"
    ""VIDEODIR1 = /media/0a9d41e6-f35b-44ac-ad34-1032739b24e7_/vdr"

I rather have the option in the Make.config file and compile the vdr than having to use -v option on the startup of vdr.

Can this be done, and if so how should I add the lines to Make.config?

Thanks

• Hi adder,
    if you define your video directory as "/media/vdr/video0" you can add more partitions through linking them to "/media/vdr/video1", "/media/vdr/video2" aso
    cheers,
    mapovi

2.6.29-gentoo-r5, vdr-1.7.9, xine-vdpau-284, vdr-xine 0.93 - 5050e, M3A78-EM, Postville, 2xTTS21600

PearlHD text2skin

• Hi adder,
    if you define your video directory as "/media/vdr/video0" you can add more partitions through linking them to "/media/vdr/video1", "/media/vdr/video2" aso
    cheers,
    mapovi

Thanks, Let me get this right, I would need to add a line Like this in the config file before make? And it's only one dir line instead of two separate lines.

VIDEODIR = /media/video/vdr, /media/0a9d41e6-f35b-44ac-ad34-1032739b24e7_/vdr, and so on

or

VIDEODIR = /media/vdr/video0, /media/0a9d41e6-f35b-44ac-ad34-1032739b24e7_/video1, and so on

And not like this

VIDEODIR = /media/vdr/video0
    VIDEODIR = /media/vdr/video1
    VIDEODIR = /media/vdr/video2
    And so on

Or the third method is the line would just one like so

VIDEODIR = /media/vdr/video0

but make links only and vdr will take care of video1 automatically?

Which is the correct method above?

• I have a script that moves recordings around. I use it for multi-tiered vdr record storage :-). Recordings first go to the SSD drive so the rest of the rotational disks can spin down and make no noise. Via cron the recordings get moved to raid1 if they have a high enough priority and there is raid1 space, or to non-raid scratch otherwise. The moved files get linked to the main dir via symbolic links. Tested with vdr 1.6.

Tell me if you wanna give it a try :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!