How do I load the driver (module) for my DVB card?

• I've just installed yaVDR 0.3 and selected to install the updated drivers (linuxtv.org).

The kernel module that I need to load is dvb-usb-gp8psk.ko. For some reason it wasn't automatically loaded so what's the best way to have this module automatically loaded before VDR starts?

Thanks,
    John

• /etc/modules

Maybe there is a conflict with another module - then blacklisting that module is the key.
    Maybe the firmware is missing...

It would be easier to help if you provide more information, like:

• Name of Card/vendor
    • Distribution you are using
    • Kernel (uname -r)
    • lsusb -v
    • lsmod
    • dmesg | grep dvb
    • dmesg | grep firmware

Joe

• Hmmm... I've added dvb_dvb_gp8psk to my /etc/modules but VDR isn't detecting it.

Does VDR load BEFORE /etc/modules is read?

The module does appear in lsmod but VDR says "no DVB device detected".

• I think the Genpix Skywalker-2 (09c0:0206) is not supported by your current DVB driver. I checked the file dvb_usb_ids.h in my sources and i cannot find the product id 0206. Maybe this
    is the problem.

Best regards
    TheChief

- Client1: Thermaltake DH 102 mit 7" TouchTFT * Debian Stretch/vdr-2.4.0/graphtft/MainMenuHooks-Patch * Zotac H55-ITX WiFi * Core i3 540 * 4GB RAM ** Zotac GT630 * 1 TB System HDD * 4 GB RAM * Harmony 900 * satip-Plugin

- Client2: Alfawise H96 Pro Plus * KODI
    - Server: Intel Pentium G3220 * DH87RL * 16GB RAM * 4x4TB 3.5" WD RED + 1x500GB 2.5" * satip-Plugin
    - SAT>IP: Inverto iLNB

• try stopping vdr

Code
    cd /etc/init.d
    sudo ./vdr stop

and then manually insmod the correct module

Code
    insmod dvb-usb-gp8psk

you should have that nodes at

Code
    /dev/dvb/

./adapter0:
    demux0  dvr0  frontend0  net0

also look at /var/log/syslog
    if you can find suitable infos

maybe it is not supported like TheChief said... :rolleyes:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!