[PATCH] Edit recordings in Live plugin

• Hi,

"while you're at it"...

I am really missing an option to search within the descriptions of recordings.
    One could search and the output would be a filtered tree of all recordings.

It would be great if you could add that!

Regars,
    Hendrik

• Zitat

Originally posted by henfri
    One could search and the output would be a filtered tree of all recordings.

Next to the "Delete selected" button there's now a text input box that can be used for filtering shown recordings with PERL compatible regular expressions using partial match against recording name and short description.

The patch set has now been committed into the official GIT repository.

• Zitat

Originally posted by rofafor
    Next to the "Delete selected" button there's now a text input box that can be used for filtering shown recordings with PERL compatible regular expressions using partial match against recording name and short description.

This change does not work for Debian Lenny systems.

After compiling / installing the latest greatest, I get this when starting:
    vdr: ./PLUGINS/lib/libvdr-live.so.1.7.16: undefined symbol: _ZN7pcrecpp2RE4InitEPKcPKNS_10RE_OptionsE
    ... which c++filt's to pcrecpp::RE::Init(char const*, pcrecpp::RE_Options const*).

After some searching, I found that the library linking in the Makefile doesn't work:

Code
    #>pcre-config --libs
    -L/usr/lib -lpcre
    #>pcre-config --libs-cpp
    Usage: pcre-config [--prefix] [--exec-prefix] [--version] [--libs] [--libs-posix] [--cflags] [--cflags-posix]

A quick hack of the Makefile solved the issue:

Diff
    --- Makefile.old	2011-02-20 23:03:03.000000000 +0100
    +++ Makefile	2011-02-20 23:03:17.000000000 +0100
    @@ -49,7 +49,7 @@
     CXXFLAGS  += $(shell tntnet-config --cxxflags)
     LIBS      += $(shell tntnet-config --libs)
     CXXFLAGS  += $(shell pcre-config --cflags)
    -LIBS      += $(shell pcre-config --libs-cpp)
    +LIBS      += $(shell pcre-config --libs) -lpcrecpp

### The name of the distribution archive:

This is only needed for Debian Lenny, everything's fine for Debian Squeeze.

Cheers,

Udo

• Hi

I applied the patch provided by URIG. But it looks like it fixes some symptoms but not the root cause.

Rofa mentioned in the README file of LIVE that it needs now PCRE >= 8.0 to compile, when he provided the filter functionality in the recordings page.

The change proposeed by URIG seems to fix the problem for distributions that also support the C++ extension for PCRE. But if that is not present building of LIVE will fail at link time or runtime.

I suggest to add a test at compile time whether the needed PCRE support is available and warn the user that recodings filtering is disabled unless he provides the correct PCRE libraries (including C++ support).

Regards
    Tadi

• Zitat

Originally posted by tadi
    Rofa mentioned in the README file of LIVE that it needs now PCRE >= 8.0 to compile, when he provided the filter functionality in the recordings page.

Actually, it should be 8.02, but forgot to fix it and the Makefile should have a test for the option as it's the easiest way to check the existence of the cpp wrapper as you can compile the library without it too. One could also also change the libpcrecpp requirement to GNU libc's internal regex library, but the PCRE is used also in epgsearch and ...

• Well, it does work with the 7.6 version, beside the linker issue, so it should probably have some switch in the Makefile to support 8.x as before, and older versions with some linking help. There seems to be no official way to query for pcrecpp.lib though.

Cheers,

Udo

• Hi,

after using it a bit, I have two questions/requests(?) to the search/filter function:
    It's nice to still show the recordings as a tree. But it would be even nicer, if empty folders are omitted (empty= possibly subfolders are in it, but no recorings that match the filter).

Would it be possible to also filter inside the description without hampering the speed too much (maybe optional with a checkbox)?

Greetings,
    Hendrik

• Zitat

Originally posted by henfri
    But it would be even nicer, if empty folders are omitted (empty= possibly subfolders are in it, but no recorings that match the filter).

My idea was to add "Expand/collapse directories" functionality, but I don't need it by myself, so I haven't done anything for it...

Zitat

Would it be possible to also filter inside the description without hampering the speed too much (maybe optional with a checkbox)?

It already uses the short description.

• Thanks for that!

Why don't you just ommit the empty folders (i.e. those, that are empty due to filtering?
    That would be more convenient, then expanding all folders at once.

Greetings,
    Hendrik

• Hello,

That's left as homework for volunteers. :)

No volunteers yet :(

Besides:
    I was about to ask whether it is possible to search for "A and B", but when formulating the Question, I remembered, that regex are possible.
    But: Would it be possible to save searches? It would be quite annoying to type in "A or B but not C and D" as a regex each time...

Greetings,
    Hendrik

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!