Xmltv Epg

• Hi,

I have an xmltv epg file and I want to use it to load EPG instead of the EPG from stream. I searched the forum and found there is a plugin called xmltv2vdr.

Edit: ooops I did not notice it was a script and I tried it but it does not offer EPG for my area. Is there a solution please?

Thanks a lot and Greetings for all

Sami

• Hi,

xmltv2vdr imports the epg data (xml format) via svdrp.

You need an xmltv grabber for your region, and then you need to configure xmltv2vdr.
    The readme file explains what you need to do.

VDR needs to be active when you run the script.

Greetings,
    Steven

VDRserver : Asrock n3700 + 8 GB ram + HDD Toshiba 3 TB (video) + 2 x 500 Gb (home) + Sandisk SSD 64 GB (OS) + Digital Devices Octopus Cine S2 + DD DVB T/T2-Operating System : Ubuntu Server (headless) 14.04 64 bit mit stable yavdr ppa

VDRclient : Wetek Hub mit Libreelec (8.2 community build von kszaq)

• Thanks for your reply.

I have grabbed channels.xml and when I tried to run the command ./xmltv2vdr.pl -x channels.xml -c channels.conf , the following error appears.

root@ubuntu:~/.xmltv# ./xmltv2vdr.pl -x channels.xml -c channels.conf
    connect: Connection refused at ./xmltv2vdr.pl line 543

Is this error because xmltv2vdr is not compatible with vdr 1.7.16? Any Suggestions please? Thanks.

Regards
    Sami

• Try the -p Commandline Parameter. VDR 1.7 changed the default SVDRP Port from 2001 to ??? (I do not know).

cu

• Zitat

Originally posted by Keine_Ahnung
    Try the -p Commandline Parameter. VDR 1.7 changed the default SVDRP Port from 2001 to ??? (I do not know).

cu

Sorry mate but I did not understand:(

What I should change in this line: ./xmltv2vdr.pl -x channels.xml -c channels.conf

thanks.

Edit: oh you mean -p "new port". hmmm anybody please know the new port for vdr 1.7?

Thanks

• Zitat

Originally posted by sami
    Sorry mate but I did not understand:(

Because my bad English? ;)

Zitat

What I should change in this line: ./xmltv2vdr.pl -x channels.xml -c channels.conf

Try:
    ./xmltv2vdr.pl -x channels.xml -c channels.conf -p XXXX

Where XXXX is the SVDRP Port that your VDR use.

Edit: I guess the right Port is 6419

cu

• No but when I replied I did not see your message's edit:)

Best Regards
    Sami

• Zitat

No but when I replied I did not see your message's edit:)

See my next Edit ;) Try "-p 6419". Thats the ne default SVDRP Port.

cu

• unfortunately, the script runs without errors but there is no EPG loaded into the VDR. I dont know but if this is the cause but my channels.xml are taken from rytec.be sources, it was not built by the default xmltv grabber because my area is not available there. Here is my channels.xml if anybody could please take a look at it if it should work.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ah64rdmn5nci8h7

Thanks.

• Hi,

Did you add the channel id to the channels.conf in the xmltv2vdr directory ?

Greetings,
    Steven

VDRserver : Asrock n3700 + 8 GB ram + HDD Toshiba 3 TB (video) + 2 x 500 Gb (home) + Sandisk SSD 64 GB (OS) + Digital Devices Octopus Cine S2 + DD DVB T/T2-Operating System : Ubuntu Server (headless) 14.04 64 bit mit stable yavdr ppa

VDRclient : Wetek Hub mit Libreelec (8.2 community build von kszaq)

• yes Steven. Basically I have a folder called /root/.xmltv and there are three files inside it, 1-xmltv2vdr.pl
    2-channels.xml 3-channels.conf

I have edited the channels.conf to looks like this:
    ShowMovies;OSN:11996:hC34M2O0S0:S7.0W:27500:203=2:303=eng@4:0:604,668,1708:303:2048:3:0:ShowMovies.osn

then I run the script with the command: root@ubuntu:~/.xmltv# ./xmltv2vdr.pl -x channels.xml -c channels.conf -p 6419
    and in my syslog it shows it connected but disconnect straight after, which I dont know if it is right or wrong:

Oct 25 23:37:14 ubuntu vdr: [1199] connect from 127.0.0.1, port 43567 - accepted
    Oct 25 23:37:15 ubuntu vdr: [1199] closing SVDRP connection

Then I go to the named channel"ShowMovies" but it only shows now/next in its schedule. As I said my channels.xml is taken from rytec.be which I dont know if it should works or not. Thanks a lot for your help so far.

Best Regards
    Sami

• Hi sami,

You can give the xmltv2vdr script I'm using a try.
    I've attached it, including a small script I use to download and load my external epg.

I don't need to use the -p parameter to specify the port, the script works without this extra parameter for me.

Greetings,
    Steven

• Hi Steven,

I tried it just now, there is an error during running the script, here it is:

root@ubuntu:~/.xmltv# ./xmltv2vdr.pl -x channels.xml -c channels.conf
    connect: Connection refused at ./xmltv2vdr.pl line 370

BTW, I am using VDR 1.7.16. Thanks.

• Hi Sami,

The port of SVDRP has changed since version 1.7.15 from 2001 to 6419.

You have to specify the port with the -p option like:

Code
    ./xmltv2vdr.pl -x channels.xml -c channels.conf -p 6419

Andreas

• Thanks Andreas for your help.

Now the problem is that the script runs without errors but no electronic program guide is sent to the target channel. I am suspecting the channels.xml file which I have downloaded from rytec.be to be of different format to the used by the script. Does this make any sense? I will attach the channels.xml file in case somebody could take a look at it if it is of compatible format or not:)

[SIZE=7]I have deleted many channel descriptions to fit the size set by the forum[/SIZE]

• Hi Sami,

I've attached a different version of the script (1.0.8).
    You can also have a look at my xml file.

line 370 of the script is this one :

connect(SOCK, $paddr) || die("connect: $!");

Does this line refer to the correct port being used ?

Hope this helps.

Greetings,
    Steven

• Hi Steven,

I tested the new script with your own channels.xml and linked the channel id to one of my channels in channels.conf and then run the command with -p option as it will refuse to connect without it. The outcome is still the same though, there is no EPG being sent to the channel. And all this after clean install of yavdr 0.3. I really dont know what is wrong. I noticed one thing when I run the command: the original now/next of the target channel will disappear for few moments then it will comeback. So it seems that script communicating with the target channel but it fails and then reload the original EPG.

Any Suggestions please? It is furstrating to use VDR with no EPG:(

Thanks for everybody who replied and helped me.

Best Regards
    Sami

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!