Gmane VDR group

• Hello
    I'm trying to send to newsgroup about VDR on gmane server. On test newsgroup everything works ok. I'm confirming my email address and see my posts. Hovewer sending to VDR newsgroup do nothing - I doesn't see my posts. Is there another newsgroup server I could use?

• It works, but you have to do some preparation before.

Gmane is just a helper, which allows to use mailing lists without being bombed with mails.

Bad thing is, that the VDR mailing list requires you to be subscribed to the list, so it won't help to just verify your mail address on gmane. You also have to do so on the VDR mailing list:

http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/vdr

Register your mail address there. After doing so, visit the above URL again and use the last entry on the page ("To unsubscribe from vdr, get a password reminder, or change your subscription options enter your subscription email address"). This will forward you to the settings page. On this page, you may choose to not receive mails from the list.

After doing so, gmane works as it does for other lists.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!