Updated VDR Guide

• Hi too all, Wanted to ask if there is a English guide for vdr on latest ubuntu? And also sc plugin inluded.

Any links or if anyone has it please PM me.

I've tried few around, but seem to be very old with broken links.

Thanks

• Hi,

sorry, no assistance for the "evil" plugin here due to legal reasons. If you are looking for VDR packages for Maverick Meerkat, please feel free to use my repository. It is a VDR -1.7.16 from the yaVDR Team. Packages are available for amd64 and i386. Not the latest version of VDR for now, but I use it in "production environment" since I build it up with no problems. HD is possible based on vdpau with NVidia Cards.

Package vdr-dev is available to build up own plugins which are not in the repository.

cu
    Markus

• Thanks for that. I am using ubuntu 9.10 now since I was having too many problems with new ones.

Can I ask what is the location of drivers for Hauppauge WinTV NOVA-HD-S2? On the ubuntu 9.10?

I don't know what to add in the Make.config file on this location.

DVBDIR = /usr/local/src/s2-liplianin/linux
    DVBDIR = /usr/src/v4l-dvb/linux

Both the above don't work, and all I have in my /usr/src/ Dir. are 4 folders as follows

/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.31-14
    /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.31-14-generic
    /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.31-23
    /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.31-23-generic

But I do see Adpater0 in the /dev/dvb part/

Thanks

• Well to solve the above error I had to install a firmware and rebooted and it worked, I guess the problem must have been somewhere in the ubuntu 9.10, and both of the above lines were commented out in the make file.

Anyhow does someone know why I get this error in the xineliboutput plugin compilation.

When I make the plugin I get make error

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!