maxter plus - remote control - HID device

• hello
    i have "Maxter plus" remote control and it doesn't work well. works only buttons 0-9 and navi keys. color keys don't work.
    http://maxter.elmak.pl/
    this remote in system is seen as HID device

Code
    [ 9446.390036] usb 4-1: new low speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 3
    [ 9446.633098] petalynx 0003:18B1:0037.0004: fixing up Petalynx Maxter Remote report descriptor
    [ 9446.635001] input: ELMAK.pl irMAKbd pl as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:06.0/usb4/4-1/4-1:1.0/input/input8
    [ 9446.635816] petalynx 0003:18B1:0037.0004: input,hiddev0,hidraw2: USB HID v1.00 Mouse [ELMAK.pl irMAKbd pl] on usb-0000:00:06.0-1/input0

i don't how to teach the remote control to work with vdr/lirc.

I will be grateful for any hints.

Zotac IONITX A-E Dual Core 2x1,6 GHz, 2G RAM, 1XHDD samsung 1T, TBS5921 QBOX III DVB-S2, Maxter Plus HID Device as Remote Control (elmak.pl)
    yaVDR 64bit

• i don't how to teach the remote control to work with vdr/lirc.

This depends on the used software. It would be a good idea to put this informations together with you hardware into your signature.

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• This depends on the used software.

sorry, I forgot.
    yaVDR 0.4 pre1 64bit.
    Zotac IONITX A-E Dual Core 2x1,6 GHz

It would be a good idea to put this informations together with you hardware into your signature.

thanks for a bit of advice

Zotac IONITX A-E Dual Core 2x1,6 GHz, 2G RAM, 1XHDD samsung 1T, TBS5921 QBOX III DVB-S2, Maxter Plus HID Device as Remote Control (elmak.pl)
    yaVDR 64bit

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tuksmr ()

• The files /lib/udev/rules.d/98-eventlircd*.rules should give you a first idea what you have to do. Look into 98-eventlircd.rules near the end of the file and make an entry for your remote. To check the current mapping of your remote, install evtest, kill eventlircd and test your remote with evtest.

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• ok
    evtest shows:

what next?

yaVDR 64bit

• what next?

Press buttons, and map the keys with a mapping file analog to the other you can find in the mentioned udev rule.

If you start the eventlircd again, you can see with irw what comes out and compare this to the entries in /var/lib/vdr/remote.conf. Don't change the remote.conf, only your mapping file. If you have a working udev rule and a mapping file then create a bug report here and attach the files. We will include them in our packages.

Gerald

Samsung UE55H6470

• you know what device it is.
    could you give me any example what should i add and were?

yaVDR 64bit

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tuksmr ()

• you know what device it is.

No, I don't know it. Why do you think that? If I would know it it would already work OOTB and you wouldn't have to investigate it.

could you give me any example what should i add and were?

I gave you already. The mentioned file is full of examples.

Gerald

Samsung UE55H6470

• ok
    lsusb for my remote shows:

to file /lib/udev/rules.d/98-eventlircd.rules i added:

Code
    # enty for petalynx 0003:18B1:0037.0004
    ENV{ID_VENDOR_ID}=="18b1", ENV{ID_MODEL_ID}=="0037", \
      ENV{eventlircd_enable}="true", \
      ENV{eventlircd_evmap}="03_$env{ID_VENDOR_ID}_$env{ID_MODEL_ID}.evmap"

i created file /etc/eventlircd.d/03_18b1_0037.evmap but i don't know what should i write to it :(

when i pressig buttons evtest shows:

which values should i entry to /etc/eventlircd.d/03_18b1_0037.evmap ?

p.s. with entry in 98-eventlircd.rules evtest don't show anything when i press buttons :(

yaVDR 64bit

• which values should i entry to /etc/eventlircd.d/03_18b1_0037.evmap ?

Let it be empty first.

p.s. with entry in 98-eventlircd.rules evtest don't show anything when i press buttons :(

This is normal if eventlircd is running. Use "irw" to check the output of eventlircd during you press the buttons. Notice the codes from the buttons that do not work. Then look into the /var/lib/vdr/remote.conf how the codes should look like. Post this information for one button and I tell you what to do into the map file.

Gerald

Samsung UE55H6470

• ok. this is what irw shows:

this is full output. some keys i was pressig several times (1 -abc1) and with shift button

yaVDR 64bit

• In the map file write:

Code
    KEY_7 = KEY_RED

and plug the receiver out and back in.
    Tell me if you have the mapping file ready.

why did you delete the information for the KEY_RED?

Gerald

Samsung UE55H6470

• In the map file write:

Code
    KEY_7 = KEY_RED

and plug the receiver out and back in.
    Tell me if you have the mapping file ready.

this works

Code
    root@vdr:/etc/eventlircd.d# cat 03_18b1_0037.evmap 
    KEY_RED         = KEY_7                                                                                                                                                   
    KEY_ENTER       = KEY_8                                                                                                                                                   
    root@vdr:/etc/eventlircd.d# irw
    9 0 KEY_8 devinput
    8 0 KEY_7 devinput
    ^C

i pressed enter and red key

why did you delete the information for the KEY_RED?

Gerald

because at the beginig i had this entry and when i was pressing keys KEY_RED was presenting as KEY_7 :)

yaVDR 64bit

• You have now enough informations to finish it? Don't forget to file a bug with the files attached.

Gerald

Samsung UE55H6470

• You have now enough informations to finish it?

Yes, i have, it's enough to finish it :)
    thanks very much

Don't forget to file a bug with the files attached.
    Gerald

which files specifically should i attach?
    98-eventlircd.rule and 03_18b1_0037.evmap? only thease files?

i can't map number keys

Code
    KEY_KP0                 = KEY_0

when i pres 0, irw says that i pressed KEY_KP0 not KEY_0 :(
    but for instance, KEY_RED = KEY_0 works, other mapped keys works also.

yaVDR 64bit

• which files specifically should i attach?
    98-eventlircd.rule and 03_18b1_0037.evmap? only thease files?

But you changed only these, didn't you?

Gerald

Samsung UE55H6470

• these are my edited files for my remote.
    i don't know why number keys don't want to be mapped :(

No, not here. Use the URL in my second post, but I can't use it without the number keys. Continue until you got it, play a little bit with it. Did you reverse the mapping for the number keys?

Believe me, it works. If irw can show the keys then they can get remapped. Don't give up now.

Gerald

Samsung UE55H6470

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!