Question about patitions

• i would use the 400gb for video and the 200gb for system (4gb), swap (double of physical ram) and the rest for samba (mp3 and divx etc)

• Default install would be to create 1 big partition (beside root,swap ...) on each disk and mount them for example as /video0 and /video1. Then start vdr with -v /video0 - vdr will detect the /video1 automatically and use both disks for recording. This will work for any numbered video-partition, eg. /var/video.00, /var/video.01, /var/video.02 and so on ...

See VDR's INSTALL file for more details on this ...

arghgra

• Zitat

Original von arghgra
    Then start vdr with -v /video0 - vdr will detect the /video1 automatically and use both disks for recording.
    arghgra

but keep in mind, that your recordings will be spread across this two drives (symbolic links from video0 to video1). This is something I really hate...
    If you have an archive of movies that you want to keep, another option would be, just to include a subdirectory 'archive' (or something else) under your video directory (i.e. /video/archive). 'archive' is the second disc/partition (mounted via /etc/fstab after mounting your /video partition). VDR won't record on this directory and will not show you the free disc space. But for 'read-only' purpose that's one of the options you have. You can select movies stored on 'archive' via the OSD.
    The drawback is, you have to copy/move the movies 'by hand' from your /video directory to this archive. The benefit is, you have a clear structure for your recordings...
    I'm doing this for years now, recording to a /video dir., then cutting via VDR, then moving to an archive partition.

Just my 2 cents,
    - berndl

PS: Depending on your setup (do you have access to the VDR from another 'normal' computer?), probably a LVM could be another option for you

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!