Adding timer entries from outside

• Hi,
    I am trying to help someone who has recently got a reelbox.

He wants ot be able to schedule recordings from an outside system (on Windows).

I had a look - and I reckon that we could easily append entries to the timers.conf file ... but he just did it to test and the timers are not picked up.
    I had a quick scan of the code and my first impression was that the timers.conf is read on start-up and after that it is only ever written to.
    I saw the ".update" mechanism for notifying of updates to the recordings list - but it didn't look there was something similar for timers.
    I might have got that wrong though.

Another route that I can see is to go via
    http://linvdr.org/projects/vdradmin/
    and simply post a URL at it with the required data (not tried this but from the screenshot ... I suspect it would be possible)

I do not speak German - but have tried to scan through Wiki and documentation. I didn't find a clue for this one - but I don't mind going through the German pages again if someone can post a link to a particularly relevant area.

• Zitat

nd I reckon that we could easily append entries to the timers.conf file

you may not alter 'timers.conf' directly except VDR is stopped before. Always use the 'svdrpsend.pl UPDT' command on a running system.

• Zitat

Originally posted by sparkie

you may not alter 'timers.conf' directly except VDR is stopped before. Always use the 'svdrpsend.pl UPDT' command on a running system.

In this particular case - the source machine is a Windows box - but I could possibly get him to install Perl.
    Just had a quick look and I see that it would send a UPDT followed by QUIT (by default on port 2001) - so I could possibly do that myself from Windows.
    The Web page looks like the best route for now though - because I could imagine that the new Realbox user could benefit from having a web interface.

Thanks to both of you for your input.

• You don't need to install Perl. Use netcat instead to do what svdrpsend does.

Something like

echo -e "mesg hallo\nquit" | netcat -t linvdr 2001

of course translated to Windows/Dos Syntax and with the UPDT command.

I've seen that there is a netcat version for Windows available, at least for NT/2K and XP.

Uli

• Sorry for late and perhaps outdatet answer, but just a few words

where are 2 web interfaces available for reelbox via ipk, vdradmin and a reelhttp (esp. for reelbox).

You can install one of this by:
    "ipkg-cl install vdradmin"

or

"ipkg-cl install reelhttp-base"

For all packages please look at "ipkg-cl list". In ReelHTTP and RCC also ipk - management is available.

VDR Headless@Ubuntu 18.04 auf kleinem Linux-Heimserver an SAT>IP Xoro 8100

AppleTV mit MrMC (iOS-Kodi-Client)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!