'ATSC EPG Plugin Not Working', 2016 version

• Hello, All!

Firstly, "Danke schoen" - for your community's hard work to make VDR into a fine PVR plugin for Linux, and for your help.

I have installed VDR through the PPA (2.2 - 32-bit version, on Peppermint 6, with Hauppauge HVR-950Q USB stick) as a backend for Kodi Isengard. None of the backends have been what I consider simple to install and configure. :wand However, I must say that all in all, VDR has been the easiest one of the bunch to get going. :tup

Despite this, as with all the others, I can't get any EPG listings to come in without playing XML games. Me TV and Kaffeine don't seem to have such an issue. They just work. The drawback is that both of these use xine for a player, which makes small horizontal lines appear while displaying sudden motion. Fortunately, this does not transfer over to anything that's recorded.

I have installed vdr-plugin-atscepg to pull in EPG data from the broadcasters. Thank God that in 2016, things are now easier, as I no longer have to compile the plugin myself. Besides, I couldn't find anything VDR in the paths mentioned in the 2013 version of this topic. I recall seeing something somewhere about having to invoke the plugin when starting VDR, using the --plugin=atscepg flag. I guess this is why I get no EPG data in Kodi.

In a nutshell, my questions are:

1. When starting Kodi, how do I make it start the VDR service at startup? Right now, I must start it manually.

2. How do I pass the EPG plugin command flag to VDR when I start Kodi?

3. Can I use VDR with something more lightweight than Kodi - a simple viewer, without all Kodi's 'bells and whistles'? Isengard likes to crash and/or otherwise misbehave on me...

73 DE N4RPS
    Rob

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von N4RPS () aus folgendem Grund: Add VDR version

• 1. When starting Kodi, how do I make it start the VDR service at startup? Right now, I must start it manually.

VDR starts independ from Kodi. It is not clear which PPA you are using, and which version of Ubuntu, so I can't say how to do this.

2. How do I pass the EPG plugin command flag to VDR when I start Kodi?

As I told, VDR is not started by Kodi. The vdr start script will load the plugins.

3. Can I use VDR with something more lightweight than Kodi - a simple viewer, without all Kodi's 'bells and whistles'? Isengard likes to crash and/or otherwise misbehave on me...

You could use the softhdplugin, or xineliboutput with vdr-sxfe.

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!