Raspberry Pi2 + VDR + FFmpeg => HLS, too heavy load

• Hi Everyone,

When i was using VDR on X86, i could have compress the mpegX stream into HLS using this FFmpeg COmmand:

Code
    ffmpeg -re -i "http://localhost:3000/S19.2E-1-1100-8732.ts" -c:v libx264 -profile:v baseline -preset medium -x264opts level=41 -b:v 500k -s 600x340 -g 90 -bf 2 -c:a copy -f hls -hls_list_size 20 -hls_time 10 -hls_flags delete_segments -hls_segment_filename /var/www/html/"segment%03d.ts" /var/www/html/playlist.m3u8

And it works quite fine, but on raspberry 2, the only option that works fine is -c:v copy -c:a copy, meaning without any compression.

Its mostly due to the heavy load, ffmpeg in compression mode as described above use over 170% CPU, and after 10 - 15s, ffmpeg got too much late compared to the live stream and simply give up by exiting gently.

I'm running the latest git version for ffmpeg and also libx264, both compiled by myself.

Does anyone has some success story of using ffmpeg (or may be other program, mencoder, vlc ??? ) to compress mpeg2/4 streams from VDR to HLS compatible streams ? And if yes, which comman are you using.

Thanks a lot for your help

Kind Regards

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!