[CLOSED] VDR and USALS motor setup with EPG

• Sorry for crossposting, I already opened a thread in VDR Configuration part of the forum, but in English language, and for months I didn't receive any reply, therefore I think it is not in the correct sections. Link

There are quite a few of us who are using VDR with a motor/rotor system and it is working great. However, there is no option in VDR to disable motor usage when grabbing/updating EPG data, therefore the dish is constantly moving back and forth to grab EPG for each channel on all the configured satellites. The Enigma boxes (and other boxes too) don't do this, they update the EPG only on satellites where the dish is currently located, they don't move the dish all the time.
    Because of this, it is not advised to use VDR with motor and EPG updating.

Perhaps a patch or any suggestion, I would be very grateful to resolve this!

Thanks!

Server: Atom 330, 2GB RAM, 2x2TB HD, 160GB 2.5" system drive, DVBSky S960 USB DVB-S2, picoPSU 120W, Ubuntu Server Trusty, VDR 2.2.0 + Live, streamdev, epgfixer, epgsearch, restfulapi, vnsi-server
    HTPC1: ASRock 330 ION, 2GB RAM, 32GB 1,8" SSD, Chieftec IX-03B + picoPSU 90W, Kaze Slim 100mm cooler, OE 5.95.4 DualAudio Build + VDR vnsi-client
    Clients: notebook, netbook, desktop, Pi2, WP
    Harmony 515 Remote, Panasonic 42" Plasma, Sony STR-DE 585 5.1 DTS, 78 Triax + Inverto Black LNB + Powertech S380

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gurabli ()

• http://www.linuxtv.org/vdrwiki…ectronic_Program_Guide.29

Zitat

EPG scan timeout

The time (in hours) of user inactivity after which the DVB card in a single card system starts scanning channels to keep the EPG up-to-date. A value of '0' completely turns off scanning on both single and multiple card systems.

Please test with EPGScanTimeout = 0 in setup.conf. Not a solution, just a workaround.

Cheers,
    hepi

• Thanks hepi,

I have tried that already, will check again.

But if I'm correct, with 0 I will loose epg update completely? How will then epg update be performed?

Server: Atom 330, 2GB RAM, 2x2TB HD, 160GB 2.5" system drive, DVBSky S960 USB DVB-S2, picoPSU 120W, Ubuntu Server Trusty, VDR 2.2.0 + Live, streamdev, epgfixer, epgsearch, restfulapi, vnsi-server
    HTPC1: ASRock 330 ION, 2GB RAM, 32GB 1,8" SSD, Chieftec IX-03B + picoPSU 90W, Kaze Slim 100mm cooler, OE 5.95.4 DualAudio Build + VDR vnsi-client
    Harmony 515 Remote, Panasonic 42" Plasma, Sony STR-DE 585 5.1 DTS, 78 Triax + Inverto Black LNB + Powertech S380

• OK, I'm closing this topic as the work is in progress in the original thread: Link

• :modon

We Mods can close threads, so contact one of us if you want to really close one of your threads.

Regards
    fnu

:modoff

HowTo: APT pinning

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!