xine-lib-vaapi problem

• Hi all.

Currently am having some issues with xine-lib-vaapi. I've complied and installed just fine, but I get "no signal" black screen on all HD channles, but I can hear audio in the background and no errors reported. sd channels work fine, just the hd ones are with this problem.

Am using AMD phanom with 3 cores processor and ati radion 3200hd latest drivers, with vdr.

Is there a special command to call vaapi with xine? Like with VDPAU or is vaapi done automatically?

Just can't understand the black screen.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

• Hi adder,

first of all xine-vaapi is more intel related so maybe you can't get a picture with it. But for testing get sure that you use the git versions of ffmpeg. Try also vdr-xine instead of xinelibouput. You have to activate vaapi in configuration dialog of xine or with --video=vaapi (not sure use xine --help for details).

Regards
    Atech

HTPC:
    Softtware: Archlinux mit VDR aus Archvdr repo (1.7.31 mit softhddevice) und xbmc 12.2 Frodo stable
    Hardware: Coolermaster 260 mit Core I3 540, 4 GB Kingst. Ram, GA.H55M-D2H, PCIe 16X RiserCard, NVIDIA 430GT, TT3600USB, TT3650-CI USB, Samsung SSD 640, WD Blue 1TB (WD10TP), IR Einschalter, imon Display, mce FB und 12 Kanal Atmolight (4 Led Streifen) über DFatmo und Boblight

• Hi adder,

first of all xine-vaapi is more intel related so maybe you can't get a picture with it. But for testing get sure that you use the git versions of ffmpeg. Try also vdr-xine instead of xinelibouput. You have to activate vaapi in configuration dialog of xine or with --video=vaapi (not sure use xine --help for details).

Regards
    Atech

Hi, yes am testing I've used git and svn versions of ffmpeg both are with the same problem, and I've tried with vdr-xine I don't use xineliboutput much.

Although I don't get this problem with normal xine-lib-.1.2 or xine-lib-1.2.1, my cpu maxis out with ubuntu 12.04 and this creates the problem of sound cut off and frames dropped on live tv, even with xine-lib and ffmpeg that worked in ubuntu 9.10.

I have xvba and vaapi installed, just matter of finding ones that might work with my cpu.

I've tried edit mem.c file in the ffmpeg for my cpu but that is not help either.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!