Yavdr few problems

• I installed vdr from yavdr today in debian and have 2 problems. Live plugin isn't compatible with (serious binary incompatibility) and there is no vomp plugin in repository. Any help?

• Really Debian or Ubuntu?

Show you repositories. I guess you miss some.

Live plugin isn't compatible with (serious binary incompatibility)

What, the Plugin with VDR oder the Plugin with some system libs?

and there is no vomp plugin in repository.

The vompserver Plugin do not work with the latest VDR versions.

cu

• For Debian the e-tobi packages are the ones you are looking for i guess.

http://www.e-tobi.net/blog/pages/vdr-repository

Yavdr is a Ubuntu based distribution.
    Of course is Ubuntu originally based on Debian - but i think there is too much difference to just simply install packages.
    But maybe i got your intention wrong ...

• I installed vdr from yavdr today in debian and have 2 problems. Live plugin isn't compatible with (serious binary incompatibility) and there is no vomp plugin in repository. Any help?

yaVDR Packages are mainly for Ubuntu, so, if you might get them run with Debian, lucky ...

But with almost no information nobody might help you, base os, vdr repositoriy etc.

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

• I installed vdr from yavdr today in debian and have 2 problems

It is not possible to install yaVDR in debian, because yaVDR is a distribution by its own. What you mean are the packages from the yaVDR
    repositories. We don't know anything about the compatibility to debian, as already told this are Ubuntu packages. There are currently no
    plans to support debian.

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• There is no problem with running yavdr packages on debian. Incompatibility is between VDR and live plugin. E-Tobi repository doesn't have the newest VDR so I try to use yavdr. I see yavdr structure is rather compatible with e-Tobi, because simple upgrade made everything working. All configure files fit, and VDR works as it should
    Another reason to use yavdr is xbmc with Pvr which e-Tobi repository lacks.

• But I hope you see the point. Using thing in a way they where not supposed to be used and then hoping for help is somehow strange.

If you want a slim system that you can adopt to your neads I would recommend to
    use Ubuntu (i.e. from the net-install cd) and add the yavdr, xbmc ppa there ?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von DocViper ()

• The latest version of the live plugin needs a new cxxtools package (libcxxtools7 - you can get that from Debian Wheezy or Sid). Squeeze doesn't have the new cxxtools package so the latest live plugin won't install at all. You are stuck with an outdated live plugin from the Debian repo. The yaVDR live plugin package is being kept back because of unresolved package dependencies.

The same applies for libtntnet8 / libtntnet9.

With Debian sid, you get VDR 1.7.26: http://packages.debian.org/sid/vdr. So, why not use Debian sid if you don't want to use Ubuntu?

Cheers,
    hepi

• There is no problem with running yavdr packages on debian. Incompatibility is between VDR and live plugin.

I would name this a problem.

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• If you want to use yaVDR packages on Debian I would recommend to recompile all the yaVDR source packages on the Debian machine to be on the safe side (that's what I do for Dockstar/ARM).

Package dependencies have to be resolved as explained above.

EDIT: Like others, I would recommend to use e-tobi packages and (re)compile the plugins that are either missing or missing functionality. I'm sure the e-tobi package selection is quite comprehensive.

Cheers,
    hepi

• I've pinned yavdr repository so I don't use packages from debian at all. I use this server several years and prefer debian over Ubuntu so reinstalling is no option. yes its true that now debian has .26 but its unpatched vanilla version so not for me. I've used etobi successfully 3 years or so, but its outdated now. And also most modern Ubuntu Pvr ppas are Ubuntu centric so its much easier to fit xbmc pvr and VDR and amd acceleration - I use zacate.

• While vomp is intended not to work (anyway it doesn't play well with HD content) the only problem I have is live (to tell the truth I prefered Vdradmin-am but I'm trying to switch) so my problem isn't blocking. Its nice so many people are willing to help, thank you!

• Marx2

Where to hack is the difference between Debian Squeeze and Ubuntu LTS 10.04 (Lucid Lynx)?

Bottomline you get almost the the same base (Kernel 2.6.32) and our Lucid PPAs do fit perfectly to it. But if you intend to stay on Debian Squeeze, I would strongly recommend to use our Lucid PPAs, but all on you're own risk.

You need to define "ppa:yavdr/stable-vdr" && "ppa:yavdr/testing-vdr" to get VDR 1.7.27, because some packages (dependencies) are still pulled from stable PPA. You'll find "vdr-plugin-live" & "vdr-plugin-vompserver" in both PPAs build against the related VDR version and runable. As you'll find "vdradmin-am" in the version 3.6.9 in "stable-vdr" ...

Cheers
    fnu

• Actually I use debian unstable and yavdr testing with kernel 3.2 self compiled because of terratec cinergy s2 needs a patch and it works. Thanks for hint about vomp and live from stable yavdr repository - I'll try it.

• Actually I use debian unstable

Nevertheless the wrong decision to go this way, go for Ubuntu Precise w/ Kernel 3.2.0 and use our Precise PPA.

What about OppTupacShakur's Debian Repositories?

Thanks for hint about vomp and live from stable yavdr repository - I'll try it.

Please be aware, if you get VDR from "stable-vdr" (1.7.22) you have to get plugin sources also from "stable-vdr", if get VDR 1.7.27 from "testing-vdr", you have to get plugin source also from "testing-vdr". Due to some changes in VDR they are not interchangable!

Cheers
    fnu

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• I see there is new version of VDR together with vompserver plugin. Hovewer plugin doesn't work - uknown symbol. In Ubuntu it works?

Vdradmin-am doesn't work with this VDR. I need some time to reconfigure out probably. Should it work with .27 VDR or is it abandoned?

• Hovewer plugin doesn't work - uknown symbol. In Ubuntu it works

Honestly we do not know, nobody of use does have this hardware nor will we ever have some. We pushed the plugin into the repository by our best knowledge and belief. But since it's still a testing repository, it could happen that things don't work properly.

Since our target plattform is Ubuntu, we feel only responsible for errors with the appropriate Ubuntu LSB releases.

Vdradmin-am doesn't work with this VDR. I need some time to reconfigure out probably. Should it work with .27 VDR or is it abandoned?

"vdradmin-am" isn't that VDR version related like plugins, means the same package should work with different VDR versions, but yes, there maybe some changes in 1.7.27 which prevent "vdradmin-am" to work properly.

Regards
    fnu

• Vdradmin-am works. VDR has different default port in Etobi.

VDR Port has been defined to 6419 since VDR Developer 1.7.12/13 or so, port 2001 is eventually still valid for older 1.6.0-x stable versions.

Cheers
    fnu

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!