VDR server with multiple DVB cards

• Dear VDR experts,

I want to configure a VDR server for multiple clients (to watch differents channels on differents transponders).
    I have updated my hardware config to have one tuner for each client : Simple LNB's to Quad LNB's and my VDR server configuration is :

Hardware :
    * Intel Dual-core E4600 (2x2,4 Ghz)
    * Asus EN8500GT Silent
    * 1 x Skystar HD2 DVB-S2 (my goal is to use the vdr-server as HTPC for watching HD channels under xine)
    * 2 x Skystar 2 DVB-S (my goal is to use 2 Hauppauge MediaMVP with the VOMP plugin)

Software :
    * Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick
    * VDR 1.7.18 + SC + Vomp + Xine plugins
    * Last version of s2-liplianin and nVidia drivers

The 3 DVB devices are recognized by the O.S. and I use some module options (/etc/modprobe.d/dvb.conf) to have always the Skystar HD2 as first DVB device :

/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 --> Skystar HD2 DVB-S2
    /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 --> Skystar 2 DVB-S
    /dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0 --> Skystar 2 DVB-S

I start a first VDR instance with the option -D 0 (capture adpater 0) and the vdr-xine plugin, I can use my VDR server as HTPC to watch HD channels under xine-ui (work fine with xinelib-vdpau) :D .
    Then, I start a second VDR instance with the option -D 1 (capture adpater 1) and the vomp plugin, I can use a MediaMVP to watch SD channels on another TV through my LAN :) .
    I use separate directories (configuration & video dir) for each VDR instance, but if I start a third VDR instance with the option -D 2 (capture adpater 2), this instance is stopping directly with the message "vdr: no primary device found - using first device!" ?( . Why ?

Have you any suggestions to manage multiple DVB cards with the Vomp plugin (maybe with a single VDR instance ) :S ?
    The goal is to watch differents channels on differents transponders through a LAN.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Diwi.

• Just use one instance for everything without the D option, that should work fine.

Otherwise you need a plugin like dummydevice to have an output device.

vdr experimental, Femon, vdr live, acpi-wakeup, vompserver, undelete, epgsearch, vdr-burn, Raspberry Pi und Vompserver Windows Client (build from git)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!