(solved) EPG from web (how to)

• I'm not sure how this EPG thingy works.
    Can the "Electronic Program Guide" be taken directly from the web? (WebEPG?)

Need this for the IPTV channels.
    (using yaVDR + VNSI + henningpingel's XMBC on a Zotac MAG)

• I have no idea about what you are talking, but which iptv-channels do you receive? Can you provide a channels.conf for the iptv-channels?

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• Zitat

I have no idea about what you are talking, but which iptv-channels do you receive? Can you provide a channels.conf for the iptv-channels?

Gerald

Sorry for not being too clear (still a beginner at this VDR/XBMC stuff).

I need to get EPG working in XBMC. I don't know how this thing works for the DVB channels and where the info comes from. In my case the program guide is online (in XML or sth).
    My channels are simple UDP stream directly from my provider (multicast; each channel has it's own IP).
    BTW: I also have a problem adding the channels to channels.conf (from a .M3U list) - do I have to do it through xine one by one or editing the channels.conf by hand? (I added a few of them manually for testing, but I'm not sure it's done correctly..).

Sounds promising, will try that, thanks Carel!

• Zitat

My channels are simple UDP stream directly from my provider (multicast; each channel has it's own IP). BTW: I also have a problem adding the channels to channels.conf (from a .M3U list) - do I have to do it through xine one by one or editing the channels.conf by hand? (I added a few of them manually for testing, but I'm not sure it's done correctly..).

Personally, I prefer to do it by hand.

Maybe your provider sends EPG data within the stream, you can receive it by enabling "Section Filtering" in the IPTV plugin. Be sure to disable NID, TDT and SDT, and probably PAT too. Look at the IPTV plugin README

• Zitat

Originally posted by carel
    Personally, I prefer to do it by hand.

Maybe your provider sends EPG data within the stream, you can receive it by enabling "Section Filtering" in the IPTV plugin. Be sure to disable NID, TDT and SDT, and probably PAT too. Look at the IPTV plugin README

Thanks for the info.
    I'm pretty sure the EPG data is not within the stream and "iptv.SectionFilteiring = 1" is the default setting in setup.conf. Don't know what NID, TDT and SDT are (iptv plugin README is not so clear for a beginner), I'll look into it a bit later.

• Installed Xmltv2vdr plugin.

It seems to work. Now I have to get the right source for my channels ("T-2" provider) and start the plugin automatically after vdr start somehow..

Thanks again carel.

Edit: Used TVxb to produce xmltv.xml that Xmltv2vdr plugin uses.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!