xmltv2vdr: 'tv_grab_uk_rt' FEHLER epgsource

• Ich habe gerade diesen Thread gefunden, während der Suche um zu versuchen, das Plugin zu arbeiten :)

Könnte jemand empfehlen, was falsch sein könnte mit meinem Setup? (Details hier Problem; Kann nicht richtig funktioniert xmltv2vdr :( )

Ich habe jetzt das Problem mit den Kanälen nicht die Zuordnung über vdr-sxfe gelöst, so dass die Linien in meiner / etc / vdr / setup.conf sind nun korrekt (glaube ich) - aber ich bekomme immer die "xmltv2vdr: 'tv_grab_uk_rt' FEHLER epgsource zurück 1 "Fehler: (
    Gibt es irgendwo kann ich ein paar weitere Informationen siehe zu versuchen und herausfinden, wo der Prozess läuft falsch?

Vielen Dank!
    --------
    I have just found this thread, while searching to try and make the plugin work :)

Could anyone suggest what might be wrong with my setup? (problem details here; Kann nicht richtig funktioniert xmltv2vdr :( )

I have now solved the issue with channels not mapping via vdr-sxfe, so the lines in my /etc/vdr/setup.conf are now correct (I believe) - but I always get the "xmltv2vdr: 'tv_grab_uk_rt' ERROR epgsource returned 1" error :(
    Is there anywhere I can see some more information to try and work out where the process is going wrong?

Thanks!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Dirk () aus folgendem Grund: Thread cutting

• You need to write an "grabber", this means (for example) an shell script (in your example called "tv_grab_uk_rt") that is called with some command line parameters
    -----
    tv_grab_uk_rt <days to grab> <pin> <channel> <channel> <channel>
    -----
    for example
    -----
    tv_grab_uk_rt 7 "" sky_1.uk sky_2.uk
    -----
    then the script print the valid xml with the epg for sky_1.uk and sky_2.uk for the next 7 days to stdout.

First try to call you script from the shell
    ---
    tv_grab_uk_rt 7 "" sky_1.uk sky_2.uk ; echo $?
    ---
    you need to see the xml and at the end the return code "0" (all other means there was an error).

Calling the scripts from the xmltv project do NOT work, the xmltv2vdr plugin is not designed to work together with this programs. This plugins need its own scripts that provide the xml files.

cu

• Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I think that's what I've done so far (at the moment I only use 1 channel for testing) so my line in the log is;

Code
    tv_grab_uk_rt 1 '' hd.five.tv

I have just tried that from the command line and xmltv comes back like there are unknown options - it displays the following;

As you can see, I tried it with the sky channel names, and it gives the same.

However if I run tv_grab_uk_rt without any of the other options then it starts grabbing the xml epg and outputting it to the console (using the channel list I configured via tv_grab_uk_rt --configure).
    Do I have the wrong grabber version or something? - my tv_grab_uk_rt is;

Code
    This is tv_grab_uk_rt version 1.342, 2011/06/19 06:50:36

Thanks!

• Do I have the wrong grabber version or something? - my tv_grab_uk_rt is;

You totally misunderstood Keine_Ahnung. You have not the wrong version, this grabber simply doesn't exist. You have to write one and Keine_Ahnung has explained to you how it would have to work.

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• You totally misunderstood Keine_Ahnung. You have not the wrong version, this grabber simply doesn't exist. You have to write one and Keine_Ahnung has explained to you how it would have to work.

Gerald

Aaahhhh! You are correct - I had not appreciated what Keine_Ahnung was getting at, I thought he referred to the older xmltv2vdr script when he said the script wouldn't work, rather than the xmltv grabbers themselves! :)

So, does the 'real' xmltv grabbers get involved at all in the process? - or does the shell script I make just grab the data directly from the sources that xmltv would normally use?
    Is there any example script for the 'grabber' so I can get my head around how it's supposed to work?

I had been using this guide; Help with vdr-plugin-xmltv2vdr but that makes no mention of making any script :rolleyes:

• So, does the 'real' xmltv grabbers get involved at all in the process? - or does the shell script I make just grab the data directly from the sources that xmltv would normally use?

This is completely your decision.

Is there any example script for the 'grabber' so I can get my head around how it's supposed to work?

You could use the grabber for epgdata.com as an example.

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• For an easy start you could also simply run once
    ---
    tv_grab_uk_rt --configure
    ---
    to create the config (select what channels you want).

Then write a shell script called "tv_grab_uk_rt_grabber" with this contents
    ---
    #!/bin/sh

# create an tempfilename
    TEMP="$(tempfile)"

# call the xmltv script to write out the epg xml to the temp file, hide the status otput
    tv_grab_uk_rt > "${TEMP}" 2> /dev/null

# validate result and exit with 1 if there an error
    tv_validate_file "${TEMP}" 2> /dev/null > /dev/null || ( rm "${TEMP}"; exit 1)

# write the epgdata to stdout (because the control file set pipe)
    cat "${TEMP}"

# remove the temp file
    rm "${TEMP}"

exit 0
    ---

Then create the control file "/var/lib/epgsources/tv_grab_uk_rt_grabber" with
    -----
    pipe
    hd.five.tv
    ----

The names here need match the channel id in the xml file. This mean if the grabbed xml contain
    ----
    <channel id="3e.tv3.ie">
    <channel id="4music.channel4.com">
    ----
    then set in your control file
    -----
    pipe
    3e.tv3.ie
    4music.channel4.com
    ----

this should work, but sure you could enhance your shell script to be more error proof later.

BTW: The channel ids must NOT have spaces, if there are id with spaces you need some post processing with tools like xsltproc to rename the channel ids.

cu

PS: Kann jemand mit besseren Englisch mal die Eindeutiger Kanalname" Sache erklären?

• PS: Kann jemand mit besseren Englisch mal die Eindeutiger Kanalname" Sache erklären?

We could ask one of the mod's to cut this part out of this annouce thread into an own one, might be not the last one who's asking howto make/handle grabbers.

Cheers
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

• We could ask one of the mod's to cut this part out of this annouce thread into an own one, might be not the last one who's asking howto make/handle grabbers.

Vor allem da hier (im Forum allgemein) schon mindestens 4 Leute nen grabber für xmltv gebastelt haben. Wäre sinnig wenn die sich mal zusammentun und gemeinsam dran basteln und das irgendwie veröffentlichen. Muss ja nicht jeder das Rad neu erfinden.

Also am besten nen Thread "xmltv2vdr plugin grabber for xmltv" erstellen und das dort hinschieben, dann kann man dort hinlinken.

cu

• Thanks for your replies gda and Keine_Ahnung!

I've used the script posted and added a few more channels to test -and it's getting further at least, but I don't get the guide data added to the channels.

The syslog notes the following 'error' once;

But i'm not sure if that is for information (and the xmltv2vdr-plugin will carry on) or if it stops when it notes this... - that is the last message I see from the plugin.
    If I look at the debug log via vdr-sxfe for the grabber is shows lots of lines the same as above, with a few also noting 'unknown element {premier/new/previously shown}'

Also is it normal for the grabber command to truncate when displaying (see bbcfour.) this is bbcfour.co.uk in the config... plus a bunch of other channels are configured too.

Thanks for the help so far!

• I've used the script posted and added a few more channels to test -and it's getting further at least, but I don't get the guide data added to the channels.

Do you go to the plugin setup menu und make your settings? You need map the channels and setup what infos are should inserted.

You may also increase the VDR log level to see more Infos in the log, or try the Log View in the xmltv2vdr Plugin setup menu.

Also is it normal for the grabber command to truncate when displaying (see bbcfour.) this is bbcfour.co.uk in the config... plus a bunch of other channels are configured too.

AFAIK its normal that log entries truncates if they get very long.

cu

• Do you go to the plugin setup menu und make your settings? You need map the channels and setup what infos are should inserted.

You may also increase the VDR log level to see more Infos in the log, or try the Log View in the xmltv2vdr Plugin setup menu.

Thanks - yes I've used vdr-sxfe to go into the xmltv2vdr plugin settings and configure channels to grab, I've then mapped those channels to the vdr channels in a few cases (only done some channels to test if it works) - I have set it to 'create' and turned on all properties for the mapping.

My VDR log level is at 3, and the plugin log viewer doesn't see to tell me anything more after all the notes about some of the unknown elements...

Is there anywhere else I can see what's happening?

• Whats your VDR Version?

And im not sure whats happen if you chose "create" an there are already some EPG in the database from the provider. Try to stop your VDR, delete the epg.data (you loose all your EPG) and then start the vdr. Then ist should work.

BTW: This is may interesting for you if you want distribute your grabber: xmltv2vdr plugin and channel names

cu

• Thanks, I've just been making some more tests - after deleting epg.data I still don't get the xmltv epg coming into vdr.
    I've tried this with it set to create and to merge, both are giving the same - lots of notes in syslog about unknown element subtitles / previously-shown and that's all.. but the rest of the guide data never makes it to vdr, and that's all that seems to be logged by xmltv2vdr.

If it successfully completes, does it normally log 'finished epg import' or anything like that ? - as the last message I have is about the unknown elements.

-edit my vdr is 1.7.27 btw, straight from the yavdr ppa (along with xmltv2vdr-plugin)

• If it successfully completes, does it normally log 'finished epg import' or anything like that ? - as the last message I have is about the unknown elements.

I'm still on the pre Version, i do not know if the logging changed, but i have a lot of logging (2,7 MB today) at Log Level 3.

You may call your grabber from the command line an post your xml on pastebin, may there something wrong? But if you follow my suggestion in calling tv_validate_file the xml should be OK, but how know...?

cu

• I have ran the tv_validate_file manually to double check and it all seems happy.

I've stripped the configuration back to just the one channel again so that there isn't so much output - the grabbed xml is here; http://pastebin.com/b0AsRwDK

/var/lib/vdr/setup.conf has;
    xmltv2vdr.channel.hd.five.tv = 0;1090522077;V-1-9011-150

/var/lib/vdr/channels.conf has;
    Channel 5 HD:150:COMPONENT:V:0:4113+4097=27:0;4352=@106:0:0:150:1:9011:0 <----- This is using the PVRInput-Plugin

/var/lib/epgsources/tv_grab_uk_rt_grabber has;
    pipe
    hd.five.tv

• Well, I have been fighting the EPG again tonight :)

Still haven't got it to import anything, but I've used sed to remove the xml tags that xmltv2vdr has been complaining about (premier, previously-shown, new) - now when I run an import I get the following logged;

Code
    Apr 18 00:47:00 MicroServer vdr: [20251] xmltv2vdr importer thread started (pid=20009, tid=20251)
    Apr 18 00:47:00 MicroServer vdr: [20251] xmltv2vdr: 'tv_grab_uk_rt_grabber' tv_grab_uk_rt_grabber 14 '' bbcthree.bbc.co.uk  hd.five.tv
    Apr 18 00:47:00 MicroServer vdr: [20251] xmltv2vdr: 'tv_grab_uk_rt_grabber' executing epgsource
    Apr 18 00:47:27 MicroServer vdr: [20014] frontend 0/0 timed out while tuning to channel 144, tp 212523
    Apr 18 00:47:45 MicroServer vdr: [20251] xmltv2vdr: 'tv_grab_uk_rt_grabber' parsing output
    Apr 18 00:47:46 MicroServer vdr: [20251] xmltv2vdr: 'tv_grab_uk_rt_grabber' importing from db
    Apr 18 00:47:46 MicroServer vdr: [20251] xmltv2vdr: 'tv_grab_uk_rt_grabber' processed 1 xmltv events
    Apr 18 00:47:46 MicroServer vdr: [20251] xmltv2vdr importer thread ended (pid=20009, tid=20251)

No matter how many channels are chosen it always shows 'processed 1 xmltv events' - but nothing makes it into the guide.. I've verfied the xml and checked the contents and it all looks ok

• Maybe i do an plugin update (i am current use an older version) for my vdr today (or may tomorrow), then i will test your script to see how it work for me.

Post you grabber script you use now, so i could get the same xml for testing.

cu

• Thanks, that would be very much appreciated!

I've also updated my xmltv2vdr too, just to make sure I hadn't got a bad version - I'm using git from 16/04 now and it's the same (but doesn't complain about subtitles, since there is some handling added)
    Here is my grabber script;

My tv_grab_uk_rt.conf;

vdr setup.conf;

Code
    xmltv2vdr.channel.bbcthree.bbc.co.uk = 0;1090522077;V-1-9011-106
    xmltv2vdr.channel.hd.five.tv = 0;1090522077;V-1-9011-150

vdr channels.conf;

Code
    Channel 5 HD:150:COMPONENT:V:0:4113+4097=27:0;4352=@106:0:0:150:1:9011:0
    BBC Three:106:COMPONENT:V:0:4113+4097=27:0;4352=@106:0:0:106:1:9011:0

lastly, /var/lib/vdr/plugins/xmltv2vdr/tv_grab_uk_rt_grabber;

Code
    #no pin
    14;0;127;47
    bbcthree.bbc.co.uk
    hd.five.tv

Many Thanks!

• Well a quick update.

I have given up on the xmltv2vdr-plugin and tried the xmltv2vdr perl script instead.
    This worked flawlessly and was really easy to setup - so for the moment I'll just stick with this and use a cron job to update the guide data.

Thanks to Keine_Ahnung and GDA for the support in trying to get the plugin working - but if I left it longer without EPG data my wife would kill me :p

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!