Am I right that it won't be possible to use 2 different encrypted channels on 2 different transponders with 1 CAM?

• So If I want to record 1 channel on transponder "a" and see an
    other channel on transponder "b" from same provider, the customer needs
    2 CAM's and 2 smartcards from this provider? This is correct? I'm not
    sure because somebody told me about a technology which allows to decode
    several transponders with 1 CAM.i Just got a TBS 5890 TV tuner, which support Ci :D

• Hi,
    i don't know the TBS 5890, but the CI-Interface needs a feature that is called MTD = Multi Transponder Decrypting. Maybe TBS has an other name for this feature. Otherwise you need 2 CAMS and 2 Smartcards. Or the "bad" plugin... ;)

Website

Software: Ubuntu 11.04 64Bit, VDR 1.7.18 und diverse Plugins
    Hardware: Modded Fanless HUSH Gehäuse, ZOTAC ION ITX-F, S2-6400, 2x 1GB RAM, 1TB WD GreenPower, 90W PicoPSU, Alphacool LCD, Atric

• isn't it the "evil" plugin? :unsch
    skywalkerman: we don't talk about it here in public. ask google if you want to find out more.

yavdr 0.5, AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 240e, MSI 770-C45, 4GB, Cine S2, Terratec Cinergy S2 PCI HD, TechniSat SkyStar2 DVB-S, TechniSat AirStar2 DVB-T

• Hi,
    i don't know the TBS 5890, but the CI-Interface needs a feature that is called MTD = Multi Transponder Decrypting. Maybe TBS has an other name for this feature. Otherwise you need 2 CAMS and 2 Smartcards. Or the "bad" plugin... ;)

Thanks for your help, but this pc tv tuner has only 1 CAM . according to its specification , it support MTD. so what's the wrong?

• I haven't heard about the technology you mentioned - using one CAM to decrypt 2 or
    more channels from different transponders at the same time - it doesn't make
    much sense to me too, because that makes the CAM module like it actually has
    inside 2 or more CAMs, because the normal CAM module has one TS input and
    output. however, what is possible with special CAM is to decrypt all
    channels on one transponder with a single smart-card and CAM module and that
    works with our hardware - those special CAMs though are professional-grade
    ones and very expensive - for example SMiT "consumer-grade" Conax CAM is
    something like 50 EUR and their Professional version of the Conax CAM is 250
    EUR or 5 times more expensive. that's at least what i know and i gave
    example with SMiT Conax CAMs. only TBS 6992 has Dual DVB-S2 PCI-Express card with Dual CI slot.

• what's in your vdr.log? what's in the /var/log/syslog? (specialy in the moment you tune to the second channel.)
    that might give a hint what's wrong.

yavdr 0.5, AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 240e, MSI 770-C45, 4GB, Cine S2, Terratec Cinergy S2 PCI HD, TechniSat SkyStar2 DVB-S, TechniSat AirStar2 DVB-T

• Hmmm...your tbs-card is a single tuner?? Then there is no way to watch channel a on transponder a and record channel b on transponder b!! You need a second tuner...

Website

Software: Ubuntu 11.04 64Bit, VDR 1.7.18 und diverse Plugins
    Hardware: Modded Fanless HUSH Gehäuse, ZOTAC ION ITX-F, S2-6400, 2x 1GB RAM, 1TB WD GreenPower, 90W PicoPSU, Alphacool LCD, Atric

• > it doesn't make much sense to me too, because that makes
    > the CAM module like it actually has inside 2 or more CAMs,
    > because the normal CAM module has one TS input and output.

MTD makes sense, but needs a re-multiplexing and filtering of different transport streams to form one "virtual" TS. So the CAM thinks it has one regular transponder. If it can decode more than one service (like the Alphacrypt), it is MTD-capable.

But you cannot do that with typical CI-slot implementations that only insert the CAM into one tuner TS. You need full control of the TS-streaming over multiple tuners and the CI input/output. It's necessary to insert synthetic TS packets into the stream (to fake complete SI), for safety also PID-rewriting should be done. And there are a lot of other tricks to make it work reliably...

BTW: We (BayCom) invented the MTD (also the acronym) and it is implemented in the NetCeiver since 2009 ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!