You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to VDR Portal. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, June 15th 2010, 12:11pm

Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2200: Firmware loads too late

Can someone help me!!

I've installed xbmc live with vdr-VNSI on ubuntu minimal 10.04.
I bought a HVR-2200 and installed the drivers for it but the problem is that when xbmc loads it says check backend of vdr.

I looked at the syslog and vdr says no dvb device but the tv tuner firmware loads properly, then i tried restarting vdr from the terminal and then turning the vdr addon off on xbmc then back on again and it works.

I'm pretty sure the problem is that the firmware for my tuner is being loaded too late and vdr doesn't see it.

Can someone help me out?

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "hepi" (Jun 15th 2010, 1:53pm)

hepi

Sage

Tuesday, June 15th 2010, 12:27pm

RE: Firmware loads too late

Is it this card?
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Ha…_WinTV-HVR-2200

Do you use one of our packages dvb-s2-liplianin-dkms or v4l-dvb-dkms? If so, which one?

Can you paste dmesg output in code blocks here?

Cheers
hepi
Must-read: yaVDR-FAQ | Aktuelle Kanallisten findet Ihr in der Channelpedia | Meine momentan aktive Hardware: VDR1: yaVDR 0.5alpha1 auf Zotac ZBOX ID40 + 2x Technisat Skystar USB HD + Gyration GYR3101 FB & KB + LCD-Display Linux4Media 4243:ee08 | VDR2: yaVDR 0.5.alpha1 auf Acer Aspire Revo 3600 + 2x TechnoTrend S2-3600 DVB-S2 USB | VDR 3: Seagate Goflex Net mit Debian Squeeze + Kernel 3.1.10 + VDR 1.7.22 + HDHomeRun 2x DVB-C

Tuesday, June 15th 2010, 12:59pm

Hi Hepi,

Yes it is that card

I'm not in front of the media center at the moment i'll have to post that tomorrow.

I havent installed either dvb-s2-liplianin-dkms or v4l-dvb-dkms, should i?
The card is only DVB-T not S

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "AuXBoX" (Jun 15th 2010, 1:35pm)

hepi

Sage

Tuesday, June 15th 2010, 1:59pm

Although I don't know if there is a solution for your problem the good news is that I'm interested in learning about this problem because (like already said on XBMC forum: there are more users who have this problem [1], likely with different hardware).

Normally, because you don't use the yaVDR distro but only some of the packages, we would tell you not to post within the yaVDR sub-forum.

But in this case I think I am intested in this problem simply because it shows that the problem might not be yaVDR related but more "Ubuntu kernel" related.

There is no need to install dvb-s2-liplianin-dkms or v4l-dvb-dkms if your card is supported by the Lucid kernel. I would not recommend to install one of those packages unless you exactly know why you need them.

By the way: You mentioned above that you have installed drivers. Which drivers are you talking about?

In case we don't find the reason for your problem there is always the Ubuntu Bugtracker on Launchpad or the option to post on the dvb/v4l-mailinglist. Both options seem to be interesting from my point of view.

But first of all, we will wait for your dmesg output.

Cheers,
hepi

[1] [0.2] 1:10 minuten zum start trotz SSD
Must-read: yaVDR-FAQ | Aktuelle Kanallisten findet Ihr in der Channelpedia | Meine momentan aktive Hardware: VDR1: yaVDR 0.5alpha1 auf Zotac ZBOX ID40 + 2x Technisat Skystar USB HD + Gyration GYR3101 FB & KB + LCD-Display Linux4Media 4243:ee08 | VDR2: yaVDR 0.5.alpha1 auf Acer Aspire Revo 3600 + 2x TechnoTrend S2-3600 DVB-S2 USB | VDR 3: Seagate Goflex Net mit Debian Squeeze + Kernel 3.1.10 + VDR 1.7.22 + HDHomeRun 2x DVB-C

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "hepi" (Jun 15th 2010, 2:01pm)

Tuesday, June 15th 2010, 2:11pm

I followed this
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1476007
to install the drivers

I've posted on
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/
for any answers

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "AuXBoX" (Jun 15th 2010, 2:13pm)

hepi

Sage

Tuesday, June 15th 2010, 2:16pm

Quoted

Original von AuXBoX
I followed this
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1476007
to install the drivers

Well, the drivers mentioned there are no DVB drivers but WLAN drivers if I see it correctly?!? So that means you didn't need to install drivers for your DVB-card?

Cheers,
hepi

Wednesday, June 16th 2010, 4:43am