yaVDR translation to Portuguese - yaVDR developers help

• Hi, folks!

I translate a lot of projects, including XBMC, some of it's skins and vdr PearlHD skin.

I want to translate yaVDR to Portuguese but need help. Can someone point me to all the files that should be translated to produce yaVDR web interface in Portuguese? And other parts, if any...

I tried browsing yaVDR tree, but it's kind of hard when you don't know where to look.

In the mean time, a question to all the yaVDR developers: special characters like ç, á, ã and lots more do not show up correctly on yaVDR 0.1.1 (haven't tested 0.2 yet). This is most noticeable on channels names on Portuguese TV.

For instance: Prograçõo should show as Programação.

I know you guys stripped down an ubuntu system to produce yaVDR as small and light as possible.

My problem is that I already tried reconfiguring and regenerating locale with and without UTF-8. Nothing seems to work. I really need help with this one. Portuguese vdr community is somewhat large and this issue spoils usability.

Thanks for the great work.

• Welcome to VDR-Portal and yaVDR!

I'm happy to help you with your questions.

For the yaVDR web frontend, we need a javascript file encoded in UTF-8. Have a look at the files here:
    https://svn.origo.ethz.ch/yavd…avdrweb-ng/static/locale/

If the EPG data provided by the Portugese TV stations are not displayed correctly on VDR OSD, please set the environment variable VDR_CHARSET_OVERRIDE accordingly.

If you have more questions, please ask. Thank you!

Cheers,
    hepi

• Thanks, hepi.

Translation already in progress. ;)

As for the other question, I'll test VDR_CHARSET_OVERRIDE.

But I think you should know that it's not only vdr epg that can't represent those characters. The system can't produce them. Any editor (vim, gedit, nano, etc) can't represent those characters.
    No matter how I reconfigure locale (pt_PT.UTF-8, en_US.UTF-8, etc) those characters can't be represented.

And that is a problem. I edit translated files, subtitles files and a lot more on this system. Perhaps some variable setting on boot?

Anyway, thanks.

• Zitat

Original von hudo
    But I think you should know that it's not only vdr epg that can't represent those characters. The system can't produce them. Any editor (vim, gedit, nano, etc) can't represent those characters.

yaVDR is a Lucid minimal installation with some add ons from us. You don't have any problems with a standard ubuntu lucid desktop installation? May be you could compare which packages belonging to your language we are missing?

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• Ok.
    Portuguese pt_PT translation complete.

Since I don't know where to send the file and yaVDR tree seems to be offline, I leave it attached to this post. Please rename it to pt.js. Forum doesn't allow for *.js attachments.

gda, I'm not using 0.2 yet (haven't found the time).
    When I installed 0.1.1, installation went just fine (meaning it went like any normal karmic minimal install) but problem was always there on 0.1.1.

Anyways, I'm gonna find the time to test 0.2 and report any problems.

Cheers!

hudo

• Hi

This link:
    https://svn.origo.ethz.ch/yavd…avdrweb-ng/static/locale/

does not work, has it changed?

jbjbjb

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

• Zitat

Translations will be handled differently in the future (for yavdr 0.4).

Should I wait or can I send you the Spanish translation based in those files?

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

• jbjbjb: We currently still trying to finalize the english base - which might cause you duplicate work. But if you dont have problems, if strings would need to be re-checked, you could give that a try. Should simplify the translation work and reduce possibility of making mistakes. If you want to translate current web interface is up to you. The current plan is a maintenance update release (just current stable put on CD) in near future. Next release will still take some time, i expect minimum 3 months as the plan is, to base it on natty and might have some changes which still need to stabilize.

VDR User: 87 - LaScala LC14B - LG/Phillipps 6,4" VGA Display | Asrock H61/U3S3 | G630T | 1x 16GB Mobi Mtron 3035 1x WD 750GB 2,5" |1x L4m DVB-S2 Version 5.4

• Ok, thanks for the warning.

No problem if I have to recheck new translations. I will do my best for this one, and I will try to do the same with next releases.

The only one problem is that I do not know how can I find out when and where the new version for translation will be available.

Thanks.
    jbjbjb

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

• The current (and old) concept is: Edit a javascript file with a large JSON structure of language strings manually. For this, you can use the link above to the 0.3-branch and create a new javascript file. This will enable us to add Spanish language to yaVDR 0.3.x.

But a future version (let's call it yaVDR 0.4) will come with a refactored web frontend with different labels and also with a different way of translating language labels for the web frontend. This will then be done in .po files based on GNU gettext which is more of a standard approach. This means double work for you.

If you want to get Spanish language into yaVDR 0.3.x. ASAP, use the old way. But don't be frustrated, if you have to do it all over again later in Poedit. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_gettext)

Once you have submitted a translation to us, you will get access to our translators forum to stay informed about changes important for our translators.

Cheers,
    hepi

• Thanks for all.

The translation is done. It has cost more to me thinking on it, than doing it.

I upload here the file and I send an e-mail to the mail adress you have told before.

I think I saved it in UTF-8, if it is a problem or it is wrong, I can change it.

Thanks again.
    jbjbjb

Dateien

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

• Zitat

Originally posted by hepi
    Added to SVN, thanks for your work! It may take a while until we will find the time to publish a new package of yavdr-utils in PPA stable-yavdr. I will send you further infos via mail.

Cheers,
    hepi

Thanks. You're welcome.

Regards.
    jbjbjb

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!