[0.6] Automatic wake-up do not work [Solved: Seems Xtreamer box has ACPI broken]

• Hi.

Yesterday, I configured YaVdr to wake-up at 7:30 am, by mean editing /etc/vdr/vdr-addon-acpiwakeup.conf with:

Code
    ACPI_ENABLED=yes
    ACPI_REGULAR_DAYS="1 2 3 4 5 6 7"
    ACPI_REGULAR_TIME=07:30  # HH:MM

After editing, I restarted the computer.

Today yaVdr did not awake by itself. In 0.5 version worked fine in my Xtreamer.

The syslog since I pressed the power off button, till the complete shutdown is:

http://pastebin.com/MviX3v4M

Did I do wrong something configuring yaVdr?

Regards
    Javier B.

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

• Hi,

do you have "templeted" acpi like the manual ?

vdrdream

OctupusNet SATIP Server => VDR-SERVER : i3-4150, 4GB, NVidia GT640 passiv, yaVDR 0.6.1, X10 FB

Clients : Windows-PC's mit VDR-Zapper, Android-Handys und FireTV mit VDR-Manager (MX-Player) am Smarttvweb Plugin, iPad per Goodplayer am Streamdev-Server Plugin
    in Rente:
    Server/lokaler VDR : AT5IONT-I, 4GB, 2.5" 500GB HD, yavdr 0.5.0a, Mystique SaTiX-S2 V2 CI Dual,TT USB-3600,August DVB-T210 V2.0, Pollin Cyberlink IR Empf.

• Hi.

I copied the file

Code
    /usr/share/yavdr/templates/etc/vdr/vdr-addon-acpiwakeup.conf/30_regular-days

in

Code
    /etc/yavdr/templates_custom/etc/vdr/vdr-addon-acpiwakeup.conf/30_regular-days

and I added this content to the last file

Code
    ACPI_REGULAR_DAYS="1 2 3 4 5 6 7"
    ACPI_REGULAR_TIME=07:30  # HH:MM

After that I run:

Code
    sudo process-template /etc/vdr/vdr-addon-acpiwakeup.conf

That is what I did in yaVdr 0.5, but I will check the web page you told me in order to review if I made a mistake.

Regards.
    Javier B.

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

• Well.

I just checked the web page of the templates, but I think I did the same things proposed there.

Shoul I change another kind of setup in the computer?. With yaVdr 0.5 it worked fine. I did not change anything in BIOS, since the previous version of yaVdr.

Regards.
    Javier B.

• Hi.

I have been checking BIOS in the Xtreamer I have yaVdr 0.6 installed, in order to verify if something is different from the Xtreamer I have with yaVdr 0.5 installed.

Well... the two Xtreamer are buyed at a time, so, I thought both of them were identical.... Big mistake.

Today I have verified that the BIOS version of the box with yaVdr 0.5 is 08.00.16, 23/05/11, A188PA06, an the BIOS in the box with yaVdr 0.6 is 08.00.16, 29/04/11, A188PA04, so both BIOS are not identical. Both are setup equally, but are not identical.

The box with yaVdr 0.6 had previously installed yaVDrR 0.4 and I had it just in case the box with yaVdr 0.5 fails. After installing yaVdr 0.6 I am having the same issues I had with yaVdr 0.4 in that box, you can see the thread here (no wake up and only one core displayed with htop): Scheduled wake up in yaVDR 0.4 stopped working

So, I thing that all the troubles (no wake up, only one core shown with htop), are caused because of the BIOS.

Today I updated BIOS to the A188PA06 version and now four cores are shown by htop. I hope tomorrow the Xtreamer wake up by itself correctly. I will tell you.

Anyway, I am sorry for my mistake and the work I made you do because of me, and thank you very much for your help.

God save yaVdr team!!!! ;) :vdr1

Regards
    Javier B.

• Hi.

I am a little bit frustrated.

Finally scheduled wake up did not work. I thought that the BIOS change would solve the problem, but it keeps on.

May be ACPI of the mainboard is broken?.

I do not know what else to do, this is yesterday shutdown syslog:
    http://pastebin.com/gds7Buv4

If I can provide some aditional info in order to solve the problem or to know what is happening I would apreciate you to ask.

Regards.
    Javier B.

• According to your log the wakeup time is written twice to the rtc as expected. Is your BIOS time set to UTC time? Did you try to disconnect the pc for some minutes from the mains before running another test?

A good writeup on how to test acpi-wakeup can be found in this article: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/ACPI_Wakeup

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

• Hi

Is your BIOS time set to UTC time?

Yes, it is.

Did you try to disconnect the pc for some minutes from the mains before running another test?

I will try.

Could be necessary to do some changes in the kernel or grub config after the BIOS change?

Javier B.

• Could be necessary to do some changes in the kernel or grub config after the BIOS change?

No to my knowledge - the wakeup time is written to the RTC and the Mainboard should be woken by it. Did you check the BIOS settings after the BIOS-change? Maybe it helps to reset them to factory defaults and reapply them.

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

• Did you check the BIOS settings after the BIOS-change?

Hi.

Yes, I changed again the BIOS settings, but I will have to check again, just in case.

Javier B.

• Did you check the BIOS settings after the BIOS-change?

Hi.

BIOS checked again, I changed ACPI versión from 1.0 to 3.0 but no changes in behaviour.

I also have tried to edit '/etc/init/hwclock-save.conf ' according with the specs in the web page you proposed, but no changes neither.

Javier B.

• Hi.

I configured both Xtreamer BIOS absolutelly equal, but no wake up in Xtreamer with yaVdr 0.6.

I changed the hard disk to the Xtreamer that was working fine with yaVdr 0.5, and now yaVdr 0.6 in that box work fine and wake up at time scheduled.

I have tried yaVdr 0.5 in the box with wake up problems and it has not started by itself, so... It seems that the box has something wrong with ACPI. It works fine, but it does not wake up by itself and I also realized that sometimes wake on lan did not work neither.

I leave the box with problems just in case of failure of the good one.

Anyway, during shutdown sometimes I can see an error like this:

Code
    /etc/rc0.d/K30vdr-addon-acpiwakeup: line 22: /proc/acpi/alarm: No such file or directory
    /etc/rc0.d/K30vdr-addon-acpiwakeup: line 24: /proc/acpi/alarm: No such file or directory

But I do not know if this message is usefull for you.

Regards.
    Javier B

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!